Star Wars Set 10 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
sigma722
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:18 pm

JustLemieuxIt wrote:If I ever get the SW variant set, I would do a very similar framing also. Just looks too good.
I recommend them highly :)
ImageImage
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:21 pm

I know this is an endless debate, but I really prefer the variants over the regs.

They each have their own strengths, but the variants are just so impressive.
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
JustLemieuxIt
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:25 pm

smellmysocks73 wrote:I know this is an endless debate, but I really prefer the variants over the regs.

They each have their own strengths, but the variants are just so impressive.
At first, I was dead-set on getting the regs. I like the contrasts and variations in color of each print. Now, I prefer the variants. Just something about how they look as a set.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:33 pm

The variants are super classy. Too bad it says 'Revenge'. Kind of gimmicky, imo.

I love the regs. The colors are perfectly suited to the movies.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:33 pm

RottenAtom wrote:The variants are super classy. Too bad it says 'Revenge'. Kind of gimmicky, imo.

Really? Revenge seems to me to be a nice homage to the original title and provides more difference than just the color ways. That being said, I do prefer the regs and the colors associated with each movie.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:39 pm

jrsheppa wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:The variants are super classy. Too bad it says 'Revenge'. Kind of gimmicky, imo.

Really? Revenge seems to me to be a nice homage to the original title and provides more difference than just the color ways. That being said, I do prefer the regs and the colors associated with each movie.
Yeah, they changed it from Revenge for a reason (it's not the Jedi way). Back to the Future was almost called Spaceman From Pluto but I don't want that on a poster. Lowers my opinion of the variants. I'd like them more if they were just a change of color with the original (real) titles.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:45 pm

I agree. The variants were nice looking, but I got rid of them. Love colors and I did not care for the "Revenge" title. I do not care what the film could have been called, I want what the film was actually called.
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:07 pm

Disagree on this one. I wish the Revenge billing block was on the regular colorways, which I prefer (I've owned both, and while both are great, I just prefer the colors, blue Yoda and all). In fact, if you take away the Revenge from the variant, I would have thoroughly disliked them in comparison. I understand the argument for wanting the actual title, and in general I would agree for most movies, but the Revenge promo is well enough known that it works just fine. The only other move that I can think of where I would like to see an alternate title movie as a variant would be for Jurassic Park/Billy And The Cloneasaurus (assuming of course Stout ever does one).
That's what she said
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:09 pm

Had to look up Billy And The Cloneasaurus. :lol:
rmoore
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:10 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Yeah, they changed it from Revenge for a reason (it's not the Jedi way).
No, man, the Jedi deserve some drymounting revenge after all that fudge that went down in the prequels.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:10 pm

harrykeogh wrote:Had to look up Billy And The Cloneasaurus. :lol:
Me too
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:12 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
harrykeogh wrote:Had to look up Billy And The Cloneasaurus. :lol:
Me too
:lol: That's fantastic when it can go right by a JP fanatic.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Simpsons>Jurrassic Park
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:10 pm

To each his/her own, but for me, personally, after seeing Corey's frame job, I had to go with the variant set. Helps that the wife likes gold, too.

I also agree that the "Revenge" title is well known enough and it was clever of Mondo/Tyler to include it on the variant set, to really set it apart.
ohnine
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:23 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:I also agree that the "Revenge" title is well known enough and it was clever of Mondo/Tyler to include it on the variant set, to really set it apart.
this.

REVENGE just make the set extra-variant-y besides from the obvious gold/silver metallic.