Phish Great Went Walking Fish Limestone 97 Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 124838
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:00 am

GJP
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:00 am

$500 is my final offer
User avatar
morst
EB Team
Posts: 2873
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: SF
Contact:

Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:49 am

GJP wrote:$500 is my final offer
SOLD!

I'll take it! :shock:
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
User avatar
calicollector
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 598
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Northern California

Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:32 am

Is somebody handing these out? I want one.
allstar
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:00 am

Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:53 pm

Ha!

This only has 3 comments :lol:
User avatar
BlakeAronson
Flipper
Posts: 8267
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:37 pm

the prices on this reflect why i think phish lovers are retarded.
8=====D~~~~
User avatar
aahnutz
EB Team
Posts: 21728
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Some place I'd rather not be...

Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:52 pm

:shock: That's some serious cash.
walterfredo
Art Expert
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:00 am

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:03 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:the prices on this reflect why i think phish lovers are retarded.
for what it's worth, this and the Robot are among the most sought after a Phish prints for several reasons. These were Pollock's first Phish block prints (I think). These were made in the camping area, on site, by Pollock before anyone really knew much about him. I believe these were sold for $10 and folks had no idea what the future value would be, many were ruined in the rain, tossed into the back of cars, pinned up in dorm rooms and so on. It's doubtful that half of the run of either are still in good condition. Not to mention the Great Went was an absolutely amazing weekend of Phish. These are the holy grail of Phish posters.
User avatar
BlakeAronson
Flipper
Posts: 8267
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:12 pm

if one of my favorite artists did a print for my favorite band 10 years ago, i still couldnt fathom paying $3000-7500 for a copy. for that price i want original artwork.
8=====D~~~~
walterfredo
Art Expert
Posts: 1357
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:00 am

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:15 pm

I wouldn't pay that kind of money either, no chance. But obviously people do. Doesn't necessarily equate to retardation though. Some people have more money than they know what to do with.
User avatar
BlakeAronson
Flipper
Posts: 8267
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:42 pm

walterfredo wrote:I wouldn't pay that kind of money either, no chance. But obviously people do. Doesn't necessarily equate to retardation though. Some people have more money than they know what to do with.
and you wouldnt think them to be phish fans, wouldya?
8=====D~~~~
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51127
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:29 pm

There's a bunch of rich hippies out there. Don't let the stink fool ya.
User avatar
guyforget
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 940
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Denver, CO

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:23 pm

Why wouldnt they be Phish fans? Phish fans are notoriously poor? You think people travel like many did for Phish on pennies? You think everyone hitchhikes to every show, sleeps in the ditch, eats from the gutter? I guess just like every indie kid is a spoiled bitch, every hardcore kid has black finger nails and cuts himself, and every punker is stuck in the ditch w/ the hippies, he's just cursing more loudly about it. Eh?

There were as many geeks as "hippies" on tour. We're nearly 11 years past this show. I know plenty of geeky ex tour buddies who have very successful young careers. Would I drop what these go for? Not a chance, but Im not surprised that some do.

Not just anyone's "favorite band" can pull off a weekend like The Great Went. Not everyone's "favorite artist" can pull off an endeavor like the on-site printing of these posters at The Went. I suppose its a testament to phans' experiences that equate to the "value" of these prints.

Most people dont even have the attention span to have same favorite band for 10+ years. Something "cooler" comes along, or they get "too popular" or any number of all these hang ups people have about bands and music.
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
User avatar
haven
Art Expert
Posts: 5271
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:26 pm

I would love one of these.
User avatar
BlakeAronson
Flipper
Posts: 8267
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Long Beach, CA
Contact:

Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:06 pm

guyforget wrote:Why wouldnt they be Phish fans? Phish fans are notoriously poor? You think people travel like many did for Phish on pennies? You think everyone hitchhikes to every show, sleeps in the ditch, eats from the gutter? I guess just like every indie kid is a spoiled bitch, every hardcore kid has black finger nails and cuts himself, and every punker is stuck in the ditch w/ the hippies, he's just cursing more loudly about it. Eh?

There were as many geeks as "hippies" on tour. We're nearly 11 years past this show. I know plenty of geeky ex tour buddies who have very successful young careers. Would I drop what these go for? Not a chance, but Im not surprised that some do.

Not just anyone's "favorite band" can pull off a weekend like The Great Went. Not everyone's "favorite artist" can pull off an endeavor like the on-site printing of these posters at The Went. I suppose its a testament to phans' experiences that equate to the "value" of these prints.

Most people dont even have the attention span to have same favorite band for 10+ years. Something "cooler" comes along, or they get "too popular" or any number of all these hang ups people have about bands and music.
did that feel better letting that all out?

and yes there is a stereotype and i stand by that statement, theres quite a few music types were i wouldn't expect to see people having that kinda cash to blow. i can see people into the grateful dead or other 60s and 70s bands having $7500 posters and the cash for it since theyre in their 40s, 50s, 60s. same goes for any classic rock, rap, crappy new alternative music and metal.

i can give you credit that phish fans probably would have more money for a poster like this than some punk rock kid. but any punk kid wouldnt even spend $50 on a poster, and if they did, well then they were punk rock to begin with.
8=====D~~~~
Post Reply