Spring 10 Horkey / Ryan

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Tadrules
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Love the line. Just one more insane piece of the puzzle.
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:44 pm

JAWilmesJr wrote:No one has seen it in person, right? I am sure the white line will be clear as to what it is when seen in person. Maybe it's a fishing line? I figure most of you know that what we see on a computer screen is a poor version of what we get when we unroll the print. The water lines make sense, look at what is going on around where the water (blue) is higher, like where the polar bear is squeezing under the house. With two very respected artist making this affordable print, I am sure it will be insanely better in person.
Thanks. Thanks a lot. I've been trying to share this message ever since I started talking about this stuff...people bag on prints that they've never seen, all the time, and it's maybe the stupidest thing that happens here.

As if, by now, we can't trust Jay, Aaron, Bird Machine, etc. to make a quality print.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:44 pm

with all due respect, if you look at that illo and the line bothers you, i feel sorry for you. that's a drymounting beautiful piece of art.

btw, certainly looks like a fishing line to me...the creature is trying to catch(or save?) the little fellas...you can clearly see a couple of them going for the line/hook.
decker3984
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Okay, I wasn't so sure at first... But I am pretty convinced that along w/ the pterodactyls there is definitely the silhouette of a greyhound in the upper left...
mP2lx.jpg
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
dylanosaur
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:47 pm

Love this piece. The only thing that is strange to me is the tail of the creature. Does it go from behind the house and under the ramp? It seems unproportionately long as well ( yes I realized it is a fictional beast). The more I look at,it seems like it is not attached to the beast at all.
kramer73
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:48 pm

I thought I saw that too, good eye, and a nice memorial to Seth.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
Tadrules
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:49 pm

awwwww seth flies forever. effin awesome. :D :notworthy:
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
virtualmert
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:50 pm

nice, +1. with all they hype surrounding this i figured that would be a lot harder. caught people by surprise i guess. art print of the year.
:cautiously removes pants:
sschmotz
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:56 pm

I'm excited to see what this looks like in person. Unfortunately I don't think sub tubes arrive until February or so.
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:58 pm

sschmotz wrote:I'm excited to see what this looks like in person. Unfortunately I don't think sub tubes arrive until February or so.
worst part about being a sub holder
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:01 pm

virtualmert wrote:nice, +1. with all they hype surrounding this i figured that would be a lot harder. caught people by surprise i guess. art print of the year.
The run was not announced yet. With it being set at 280 (+60 for the subs), I'm not surprised it was an easy grab and not an instant sellout. The limit of 2 per person might also be an indicator that Jay and Aaron were probably expecting something like this too.. I mean, most artists will limit to 1 print per person if they expect it to fly off the shelves.. which is fair that way, but not necessary here.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:03 pm

Just wanted to drop the big one in here...

electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
fredo
Art God

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:05 pm

Human vision is uncommonly good at noticing lines...it's just something our species has become trained to pick out over the millennia. In fact it's been shown that we can see a very thin line (if long enough) against the sky from miles away. So, I am not surprised at all that people might find the drool/fishing line either interesting, distracting, or both.
just a foil for me today, thanks
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:08 pm

bathroommonkey wrote:
sschmotz wrote:I'm excited to see what this looks like in person. Unfortunately I don't think sub tubes arrive until February or so.
I don't think there's a bad part beeing a sub holder
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector

Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:16 pm

But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:
bathroommonkey wrote:
I don't think there's a bad part beeing a sub holder
well it does teach you patience. it kinda makes you a tantric poster collector.

also i love the boxes for the signatures.