Elder Days 10 McCarthy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
evillittlegoat
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:58 am

RiotAct wrote:
jagiello wrote:Oh man this is stunning. Was it just for subs ?
I need to see this in person.
Nope some were for sale on his site this afternoon, but the last one sold out a little while ago.
Still available: http://danmccarthy.org/PRINT.DETAIL/991 ... .days.html
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:04 am

You still see the add to cart button but if you attempt to check out it will tell you the item is sold out.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
evillittlegoat
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:07 am

Ah, you're right. Apologies if I got anyone's hopes up.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:26 am

I dream of a day when there are McCarthy releases where someone doesn't come in and say "It's not sold out yet"
This happens time, after time, after time, after time.
Small town pizza lawyer
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:30 am

Very nice. As mentioned before, the depth of field and clarity do make it resemble a photo.
I love my DMc sub!!!
Worth the money every year.
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
wneff
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:46 am

When Dan kicks it up a notch, people notice...a great start to the new sub year :clap:
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:50 am

sub sold out about 3 or 4 months before last year's as well.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
s_k_y
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:56 am

Dan is pretty much printing money right now.

Good for him, he deserves it.

Anyone know if the originals sold at G1988? Wonder what the consignment agreement was like on those.
wneff
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:00 am

s_k_y wrote:Anyone know if the originals sold at G1988?
Many have sold - still a few left

http://nineteeneightyeight.com/sf/dandanmc.html

If money was no concern, The Rain Had a Sound OG would be SOLD :D
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:13 am

s_k_y wrote:Dan is pretty much printing money right now.
The sub is genius on his part. Even if the current one was limited to 555 (and assuming every one is for the US) that's an interest-free loan for almost $200k.

Not having to worry about cash flow is a huge advantage. Now if he hired someone to handle shipping/logistics he could really minimize his risk of burn-out and allow himself to focus on just his art.

/unsolicitedbusinessplanadvice
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
rmoore
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:45 am

HappaHaoli wrote:
The sub is genius on his part. Even if the current one was limited to 555 (and assuming every one is for the US) that's an interest-free loan for almost $200k.

Not having to worry about cash flow is a huge advantage. Now if he hired someone to handle shipping/logistics he could really minimize his risk of burn-out and allow himself to focus on just his art.

Math is not my strong suit, but I come up with $115,500 (330 subs x $350).
clandestinex
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:42 pm

rmoore wrote:
HappaHaoli wrote:

Math is not my strong suit, but I come up with $115,500 (330 subs x $350).
I thought it was 333, but either way your math is right. But regardless, it's a lot of money to work with.

But back to Elder Days: I think the contrast between Pale Afternoon and Elder Days is just astounding. Pale Afternoon, imo, is too bland and boring to me to warrant buying, but a month later Dan churns out this amazing print that's anything but bland, flat, and boring. Kinda makes me wonder what inspired him for this change. If Elder Days is a sign of what's to come, it's gonna be a great year for Dan.
On every street in every city, there's a nobody who dreams of being a somebody.
spen640
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:43 pm

ImageImage

I already have 'New Sweater' and '1 of 70,000,000...' framed next to each other but this print might just convince me to try the same concept again. Especially since both of these have a little more depth to them. I'm really excited to see this in person, it looks like Dan really outdid himself with the different perspective and I love the classic nature element.
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:14 pm

alteridiom wrote:I dream of a day when there are McCarthy releases where someone doesn't come in and say "It's not sold out yet"
but.... the "Add to Cart" button is still there!!! :lol:
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:19 pm

alteridiom wrote:I dream of a day when there are McCarthy releases where someone doesn't come in and say "It's not sold out yet"
Change the dreams and make that a reality - focus on all the positive stuff you'all add each day around here.

Dons world awaits you :wink: