Michael Franti Spearhead NYC 10 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
justbehmh
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:48 pm

to be clear. i have no idea what ed. this is.
GerryJarcia wrote:oh and coke is only done properly when sniffed of the hardened penis of a homeless man.
desch
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:54 pm

justbehmh wrote:to be clear. i have no idea what ed. this is.
That looks like a straight A/P edition. Mine said A/P like yours did, but had wood written underneath the numbers.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:02 pm

And the Wood says "Wood" and S/P as opposed to A/P....oh and there's a peace sign over next to the sig

Are there two S/P's and an A/P floating around out there already?
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
desch
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:34 pm

downbytheriver wrote:And the Wood says "Wood" and S/P as opposed to A/P....oh and there's a peace sign over next to the sig

Are there two S/P's and an A/P floating around out there already?
River, mine may actually say S/P, I'll have to look a little closer, assumed it said A/P. My eyes aren't that good :shock:
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
PhishNuggets420
Art Connoisseur

Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:13 pm

Got mine. Rolled up tight just like the rest. I was able to peel off the tube so the edges and corners are fine it just the rolling creases that ruin it. I have never brought a poster to a frame shop to have it flattened on a heat press, but hopefully it can be salvaged with one of those. I wrote a strongly worded message to the orders department of the Michael Franti store.

Mine definitely says S/P not A/P.
downtown
Art Expert

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:40 pm

PhishNuggets420 wrote:Got mine. Rolled up tight just like the rest. I was able to peel off the tube so the edges and corners are fine it just the rolling creases that ruin it. I have never brought a poster to a frame shop to have it flattened on a heat press, but hopefully it can be salvaged with one of those. I wrote a strongly worded message to the orders department of the Michael Franti store.

I'm about to write a strongly worded email to the Michael Franti people too.
I wont go into it here.
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:50 pm

S/P = Show Proof
Emek show posters are always (some exceptions like PJ) show proof editions and usually small editions too
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Mine is marked S/P and numbered out of 50, with a peace sign next to Enek's signature. I thought it was cream from the things I've read, but it doesn't say CREAM. It doesn't say anything other than what I just mentioned. But I know it isn't A/P.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
woodyland
Art Expert

Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:40 am

downtown wrote:
PhishNuggets420 wrote:Got mine. Rolled up tight just like the rest. I was able to peel off the tube so the edges and corners are fine it just the rolling creases that ruin it. I have never brought a poster to a frame shop to have it flattened on a heat press, but hopefully it can be salvaged with one of those. I wrote a strongly worded message to the orders department of the Michael Franti store.

I wont go into it here.
I actually spoke last week w/the fine folks @ the Spearhead store re:my order & I asked them specifically if they knew how to handle posters. You see, I am done w/another large music distributor that remains unnamed because I've yet to receive my refund & my opinion my change. Back to my converse w/cust/service @ Spearhead INC. He assured me that they knew what they were doing & just now I'm reading some of the ebay auctions that mention shipping problems. So I check here & y'all are all stating the same. I've yet to receive mine but I'm calling them tomorrow to get status.

Not only do these folks irritate the hell out of us w/their handling practices that do nothing but deliver damaged goods, but try to help w/good solid info re:shipping/handling & they CANNOT be bothered. It's almost like they would rather have all of these problems then heed a wise word from experienced hobbyists/collectors. Reminds me of a segment I saw last Sunday Morning re:customer service entitled, "Your Call is NOT THAT Important To Us".
They're a Band Beyond Description, like Jehovah's Favorite Choir
downtown
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:23 am

woodyland wrote:
downtown wrote:

I wont go into it here.
I actually spoke last week w/the fine folks @ the Spearhead store re:my order & I asked them specifically if they knew how to handle posters. You see, I am done w/another large music distributor that remains unnamed because I've yet to receive my refund & my opinion my change. Back to my converse w/cust/service @ Spearhead INC. He assured me that they knew what they were doing & just now I'm reading some of the ebay auctions that mention shipping problems. So I check here & y'all are all stating the same. I've yet to receive mine but I'm calling them tomorrow to get status.

Not only do these folks irritate the hell out of us w/their handling practices that do nothing but deliver damaged goods, but try to help w/good solid info re:shipping/handling & they CANNOT be bothered. It's almost like they would rather have all of these problems then heed a wise word from experienced hobbyists/collectors. Reminds me of a segment I saw last Sunday Morning re:customer service entitled, "Your Call is NOT THAT Important To Us".
SpearGear has no regard for Emek or any of his collectors.
It was like talking to a potato.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:42 am

No surprise there, downtown. :cry:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
guru59
Art Connoisseur
Location: probably an airplane, strike that, in the mountains of Chamonix

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:I think of Franti as a reggae Jack Johnson... happy pop sound. The hope of Emek's image fits well with that for me... and I love that the olive branch is preety bright green on the almost black & white image; can't wait to see if it pops.

I wouldn't view that as a complement at all. Jack Johnson's audience is mostly girls under the age of 15 while Spearhead is everything but. Wow.
"Magnetism is one of the Six Fundamental Forces of the Universe, with the other five being Gravity, Duct Tape, Whining, Remote Control, and The Force That Pulls Dogs Toward The Groins Of Strangers."
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Hey guru, my comment wasn't meant to be a slight or a compliment. It was merely an observation. Also, for me, a musical artist's quality is not always correlated with the type of audience they have. For example, peeps say Dave Matthews has a following of drunken frat boys. Well, I'm nothing of the sort and I really like their music, which I would stack up at least on par with most anyone out their in the pop/rock/jamband genre's... just sayin'.
guru59
Art Connoisseur
Location: probably an airplane, strike that, in the mountains of Chamonix

Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:Hey guru, my comment wasn't meant to be a slight or a compliment. It was merely an observation. Also, for me, a musical artist's quality is not always correlated with the type of audience they have. For example, peeps say Dave Matthews has a following of drunken frat boys. Well, I'm nothing of the sort and I really like their music, which I would stack up at least on par with most anyone out their in the pop/rock/jamband genre's... just sayin'.

I hear ya man. And it's obviously my opinion of Jack Johnson which spurred my comment. I don't get his music with the "here we go I got some bubbly toes" blah blah blah. It's bollocks and I can only imagine teenage girls listening to his music. Seems like a good guy who stands up for the right causes but his music is crap in my opinion. I've called Sirius probably at least 60+ times and left messages on their Jam On station regarding this issue. I mean, how the hell do you follow up a live Hendrix tune with bubbly toes? And then have the audacity to call it Jam music. Frustrates the heck out of me.

Well, enough venting. Although I do think Franti has gone a bit commercial with his sound he's definitely paying the bills now. But I wouldn't put him and Jack Johnson in the same genre
"Magnetism is one of the Six Fundamental Forces of the Universe, with the other five being Gravity, Duct Tape, Whining, Remote Control, and The Force That Pulls Dogs Toward The Groins Of Strangers."
entropy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:04 pm

I haven't purchased an EMEK poster or print in several years (and have since sold them all) but have always been a fan. This poster looks effing awesome though. I had to go subscribe to his mailing list.. Do you think he'll release another version/edition of it? (sorry haven't read this entire thread yet).

About Michael Franti. Listen and watch this. I have never heard a reggae song I like better than this track (I don't really listen to reggae, so maybe purists won't consider it as such. Great song though)

Michael Franti "Time to go home" released about 5 years ago.