YMSB Burlington 10 Welker

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
phriendlyone
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:00 pm

I received both the print and the handbill and let you say this is a fantastic print! The print job is completely different from the print to the handbill so I emailed David to ask about the process. This was his response:

"The large AP was screened at Good Thoughts in Boulder Colorado with oil based UV inks. It has a different look and feel than typical screen prints. It definitely came out darker than I had hoped for, but I still thinks it has it's own beauty.
The gold is more of a copper color on that one.

The handbill was screened by me in New York with water based inks.
Personally I think I overcompensated with the brightness on the handbill.
I wanted my customers to have another version though."

After seeing both I like the handbill better than the print. Much brighter colors and you can see the detail much better.
But both pieces are great and I like have and matching # pair.
TOXIC BEAUTY Records and Rock & Roll GALLERY located in Yellow Springs, OH for your poster wants and needs! (513)965-1195
downtown
Art Expert

Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:22 am

DocFunGuy
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:45 am

should have bought the original scratchboard when offered, Welker is so good.
Swinelord
New User

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:13 pm

What was the size of thw hand bill?