Phish Providence 10 Spusta

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:20 pm

New image Phish Providence 10 Spusta

automator
Nobody

automator
Nobody

automator
Nobody

admiller83
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Does it stand to reason that Marq got no love from Phish this summer because he skirted Phish Inc's "no variant" rule with his awesome translucent inks? This was easily the best poster of fall tour '10 followed closely by Taylor's Manchester. I would think that with Spusta's great talent for fresh and original posters that he would have gotten at least one bid for summer '11...or perhaps it was the other way around and red-light/phish inc did not work well with him and he declined...I hope to see some more Phish Spustas in the future...any thoughts?
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:16 pm

I don't think that the paper/ink choice really mattered to Red Light. They are more worried about having just one edition and $50 across the board, as far as I understand. Could be wrong, though. That said, I like what Marq did with this one and hope to see another Spusta Phish poster in the future.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Hey miller...
Variants? What variants? I don't consider subtle shade variations in the solid background of this poster, where the same basic colorway was used, as a variant. If there was some visible difference from copy to copy in the blue/purple range due to use of some translucent inks, or use of a base color that was not quite the same throughout the run, I view it the same way I view a split fountain, where the intent is the same for each print, but the result is going to be slightly unique from a formal/technical perspective.

Whether the powers at Phish viewed this as good, bad or different, I don't know. You are asking a good question there. I, too, hope for more Spusta Phish posters.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
smokeycat
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:48 pm

Rick_a_c wrote: I, too, hope for more Spusta Phish posters.
+3 :clap:
ImageImageImage
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:57 pm

smokeycat wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote: I, too, hope for more Spusta Phish posters.
+3 :clap:
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
admiller83
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:09 pm

yeah Rick they are definitely not variants but the range of color difference was pretty big. one of my two has a deep purple border and the other is pretty close to a bright orange. I remember looking at a stack on one of the tables and thinking how cool the paper choice was not realizing about the translucent inks until later when I read something from Marq about it. Ultimate point: sweet print, shoulda gotten an AOW last fall, more Spusta for the Phish please.... :clap:
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Orange? I'd be all in for that!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:40 pm

All the versions I've seen have a blue or purple border, or a mix of both. Pics of the orange?
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
ivy
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:28 pm

Hello all. I'm a long time reader, first time poster. Just wanted to say that I just received this print and I can't say how much I love it. I'm a Phish fan and have started following Spusta's art because of this print. I was at this show and it means a lot to me beyond its obvious gorgeousness.

I'd love to see pics of one with an orange border. That dominant color in this print is what first drew my eye.
"I take it seriously because it gets me off."
southerngarden
Art Expert

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:21 pm

im all for seeing an ORANGE one of these?? who has one? ill buy it! 8)

i have a PURPLE one and i would love to pick up a BLUE one someday...i love the image THAT much...this is one of those magical Spusta posters that look like he used a million colors...

here is why i REALLY love my copy of this poster...it was one of the ones from the lotto so it has some flaws but it also has a really drymounting cool doodle by Marq on it! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
coleslaw
Art Expert

Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Personally the blue i won in the lotto is my fav or the colorz, sparkley :!:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey