Van Morrison Santa Barbara 10 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:35 am

...and the regular really is sweet. :shock:

I really can't even imagine a sunset or twilight or whatever variant...its really tough to wrap my mind around owning something that fargin sweet.

Its one thing to actually get thru and "win" a regular...and then the idea of a variant is unfathomable really. I'd expect to see Ed McMahon (R.I.P.) with a giant check standing beside my bed before I'd imagine a foily variant framed and hanging over it.

Just say'n.

I SURE DO LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING PICTURES THOUGH WHEN YOU LUCKY BASTAGES LAND THEM!! :)
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:37 pm

if you get a tube with a variant, do you still get the regular edition as well?
coleslaw
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:39 pm

I don't know if Emek does that like Spusta for instance, but I have yet to get a variant from emek, but would love to start here :D
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
sasquatch
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:59 pm

POTY matchup:
In this corner, a cool piece of iconic clip art that is beautifully printed with metallic inks, Sperry's Bob Dylan.
In this corner, an original and poetic hand-drawn piece of art that is beautifully printed, Emek's Van Morrison.
Winner: Emek Van Morrison.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:27 pm

sasquatch wrote:POTY matchup:
In this corner, a cool piece of iconic clip art that is beautifully printed with metallic inks, Sperry's Bob Dylan.
In this corner, an original and poetic hand-drawn piece of art that is beautifully printed, Emek's Van Morrison.
:D
tough decision, I'd like to have both for a side-by-side comparison
Tadrules
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Love it. Wish the clouds had some better perspective though..... there's either too many...or the ones are not big enough along the top. Emek rules, another classic image. I bet the details are amazing.
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
anners84
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Both deserving, but I think Dave Hunter's Santana belongs in that conversation as well. Anyway, a topic for another thread.
McDung
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:39 pm

I agree that these 2 prints so far are the top 2 POTY candidates.
This will be like the undefeated Money Mayweather (EMEK) vs. Manny Pacquiao(Chuck Sperry)
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Ha, and I said ealier today that I think Spusta's High Sierra is probably my leading candidate, its colors and hand drawn detail are fantastic. Probably won't win, but, I think it's my choice thus far.

And yes, I've seen all of these prints in person.

We don't need a one on one matchup ... more like a cage match.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:50 pm

And High Sierra sails in off the top rope delivering the knock-out flying headbutt !
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:55 pm

cardhawks wrote:if you get a tube with a variant, do you still get the regular edition as well?
nope
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
whl10
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:21 pm

Wow this print is incredible. I wish I was more of a Van Morrison fan...
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Dylan easily. This one's nice, though
Imatruck
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:32 pm

I like this....but it does not blow me away. I would not consider this close to POTY(see rhys cooper TCV).....but the emek hype machine seems to be getting back to full swing. Still a good poster as usual for emek.
pne...umonia
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:30 pm

I saw this at TRPS on the wall ...it didn't stand out from the other stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol: