Phish Atlantic City Triptych 10 Masthay

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:02 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Phish Atlantic City Triptych 10 Masthay

muletrane
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Can't wait until this one arrives on my doorstep!

:drool:
jsan20
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:59 pm

Aj needs to get an official poster. His work is sick. It blows many official poster artists out of the park. Help this man out give him a show.
muletrane
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:07 pm

jsan20 wrote:Aj needs to get an official poster. His work is sick. It blows many official poster artists out of the park. Help this man out give him a show.

Agreed!!!
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:08 pm

amazing skillzz..
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:18 am

really wish i didnt miss this today. if anyone decides not to keep theirs lemme know.
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
PhishDMB
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Dear Phish management,

Let AJ do an official print.

Signed,

Everyone

...you knocked this one out of the park AJ
housedog777
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:26 pm

what everyone else said.....long overdue for an ophishial print.....

AJ has mad skillz
"I feel the same way about disco as I do about herpes."
-HST
d0ughman
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:37 pm

I'm sure this has been stated before, but I'm pretty sure that AJ makes better living doing fan art than he would as an official artist... as a fan artist, he can make whatever he wants, not just what he is commissioned to do. If they were to hire him there would be all kinds of rules and stipulations, he's got a good thing going -- it doesn't need to be official for it to be great work, or for people to appreciate/buy it, or for it to sell out -- we've learned that last one time and time again. Plus he's getting to do official posters for other bands due to his exposure doing fan prints for The Phish. Great work AJ! I couldn't share my name with a better guy!

Minus materials and operational costs, he pulled $4000 in a matter of seconds (maybe a minute?) during the online sale of this triptych alone (40 were for sale online after the 25 subscriptions and #1 that AJ probably keeps), not bad for an 'unofficial' artist. :D
downtown
Art Expert

Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:59 am

d0ughman wrote:I'm sure this has been stated before, but I'm pretty sure that AJ makes better living doing fan art than he would as an official artist... as a fan artist, he can make whatever he wants, not just what he is commissioned to do. If they were to hire him there would be all kinds of rules and stipulations, he's got a good thing going -- it doesn't need to be official for it to be great work, or for people to appreciate/buy it, or for it to sell out -- we've learned that last one time and time again. Plus he's getting to do official posters for other bands due to his exposure doing fan prints for The Phish. Great work AJ! I couldn't share my name with a better guy!

Minus materials and operational costs, he pulled $4000 in a matter of seconds (maybe a minute?) during the online sale of this triptych alone (40 were for sale online after the 25 subscriptions and #1 that AJ probably keeps), not bad for an 'unofficial' artist. :D
I've tried to make this point before.
AJ doing an official print would be like someone taking a 90% pay cut.
His fans need to let go of the old "official" argument because its probably never going to happen (for reasons discussed many times before)... And its boring.

If Phish wants to hire a woodblock artist they should consider the Tugboat Print Shop. Now that's some next level stuff.
But I guess they are happy enough with Pollock.
And apparently many AJ fans are happy to collect his posters as mementos of their concert going experience or just to appreciate his work.
Let it be.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:48 am

Paul did a small edition woodblock for one of my friends bands back at USoDak a few years ago. I still have a few of those to sell so maybe it is time to upload them?
He has become a master of the woodblock print. Simply amazing stuff. Nice to see him getting some love around here!
Imatruck
Art Expert

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:54 pm

my feelings on phish and fan art are well documented. having said that, I must give credit where credit is due. this a fantastic illustration, and I can appreciate the work he puts into these. nice job aj.
boxcarwilly
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:23 pm

pvecchi wrote:Paul did a small edition woodblock for one of my friends bands back at USoDak a few years ago. I still have a few of those to sell so maybe it is time to upload them?
He has become a master of the woodblock print. Simply amazing stuff. Nice to see him getting some love around here!
Paul is awesome. I love the print shop cart.
http://www.tugboatprintshop.com/PRINTSHOP_bonfire.htm
If I had to pick a fan artist to do an official poster it would be Ian Millard but who cares ?
Phish doesnt give a rats ass about any fan art anyway. They tolerate it. Thats about all.
Ward Sutton is the best Phish poster artist ever, but he probably doesnt give a rats ass about Phish... Like most of the other official artists.
Lost my fudge tryin to act casual.
muletrane
Art Enthusiast

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:50 pm

Picking this up at the post office in the morning! Missed the delivery, didn't think I'd have to sign for it :?

Oh well...good things come to those who wait!
coleslaw
Art Expert

Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:59 pm

“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey