Let Me In 10 Moss

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
andruw000
Art Expert
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:17 am

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:21 pm

leescape wrote:
srdzevon wrote:Love the Morse code.
I'm still wary on the remake, but that's what sold me on this print. It's used in such a clever way.
Check out the RT score... It's being called one of the greatest remakes of all time.
User avatar
artberry
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:13 pm

correction, 200 run
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15307
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:54 am

A pic from the Fantastic Fest screening, where the blogger from Slashfilm.com had their print signed.

Note, no blood dripping from the top silhouette's mouth ... hmmm.

(and here's the whole article ... http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/09/24/fan ... thers-day/ )
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15307
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:32 am

ahhh ... from the mondo thread ....
mcnail wrote:Quick FYI, the final Let Me In posters don't have the little bit of blood drool coming out of the mouth, giving the image more subtlety.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18432
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:34 am

Oh man I can't wait for mine.....I personally like it better without the blood dripping from her lips. Just me though.
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
middayshadows
Art Expert
Posts: 5777
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Also prefer the 'before' version. Sounds like FF was a blast - wish I could've gone. And not just so I could snag this poster...
Image
User avatar
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert
Posts: 1850
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:55 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:47 pm

Agreed with the aboves. I think without the blood the print looks sensual now, and I don't remember the two "kids" having a sexual relationship; their relationship was innocent. Still want one but not so crazy about it now.
Goonies never say die!
Brooks
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 213
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:28 pm

JAWilmesJr wrote:Agreed with the aboves. I think without the blood the print looks sensual now, and I don't remember the two "kids" having a sexual relationship; their relationship was innocent. Still want one but not so crazy about it now.
Yep...Agree totally, there needs to be some reason the two girls are that close, besides the obvious looking lesbian relationship (without the blood from the first version)...
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18432
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Brooks wrote:
JAWilmesJr wrote:Agreed with the aboves. I think without the blood the print looks sensual now, and I don't remember the two "kids" having a sexual relationship; their relationship was innocent. Still want one but not so crazy about it now.
Yep...Agree totally, there needs to be some reason the two girls are that close, besides the obvious looking lesbian relationship (without the blood from the first version)...
Did you watch the movie?
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:33 pm

gonzo303 wrote: Did you watch the movie?
Doesn't seem like any of them did.
There is a weird sensual relationship between the two leads (at least in the original). They're young so its not sexual, (spoilers) but the point of Eli is she "seduces" these young boys and gets them to be her caretaker until they're old and useless, at which point she moves on to a younger boy who is then her new caretaker (and we as an audience aren't really sure how many times she has repeated this process). Like I said, it isn't really sexual - but romantic feelings are definitely involved - he even asks if she wants to be his girlfriend.
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18432
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:37 pm

And the fact that it is a boy and girl, not lesbians.
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52668
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:39 pm

The boy was rather effeminate though.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18432
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Codeblue wrote:The boy was rather effeminate though.
True, but he was a boy.
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert
Posts: 1850
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:55 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:51 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
gonzo303 wrote: Did you watch the movie?
Doesn't seem like any of them did.
There is a weird sensual relationship between the two leads (at least in the original). They're young so its not sexual, (spoilers) but the point of Eli is she "seduces" these young boys and gets them to be her caretaker until they're old and useless, at which point she moves on to a younger boy who is then her new caretaker (and we as an audience aren't really sure how many times she has repeated this process). Like I said, it isn't really sexual - but romantic feelings are definitely involved - he even asks if she wants to be his girlfriend.
Yes, I watched the movie and no, I don't think their relationship was sexual. I don't think Eli "seduced" Oskar, he had a purely innocent draw to her. He does ask her to be his girlfriend and then neither of them really have an idea of what that means, so yes, I believe their relationship is the kind that only children can have with each other. There is nothing sexual about it, but when adults look at it they turn it into something it never was. Another good example of this would be the film "Forbidden Games."

Like I said, I love the print, hope to get one somehow but prefer the first version we saw on here.
Goonies never say die!
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:03 pm

JAWilmesJr wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:
gonzo303 wrote: Did you watch the movie?
Doesn't seem like any of them did.
There is a weird sensual relationship between the two leads (at least in the original). They're young so its not sexual, (spoilers) but the point of Eli is she "seduces" these young boys and gets them to be her caretaker until they're old and useless, at which point she moves on to a younger boy who is then her new caretaker (and we as an audience aren't really sure how many times she has repeated this process). Like I said, it isn't really sexual - but romantic feelings are definitely involved - he even asks if she wants to be his girlfriend.
Yes, I watched the movie and no, I don't think their relationship was sexual. I don't think Eli "seduced" Oskar, he had a purely innocent draw to her. He does ask her to be his girlfriend and then neither of them really have an idea of what that means, so yes, I believe their relationship is the kind that only children can have with each other. There is nothing sexual about it, but when adults look at it they turn it into something it never was. Another good example of this would be the film "Forbidden Games."

Like I said, I love the print, hope to get one somehow but prefer the first version we saw on here.
RE: the bolded part...
Oskars draw to her was innocent - hers, not so much. She definitely knows what being a "girlfriend" means while Oskar might not - she is possibly (probably) hundreds of years old and knows more than most living people. The fact that she is immeasurably more mature than Oskar illustrates how she cannot be genuinely drawn to him and is just using his affection for her own (nefarious) purposes.
Post Reply