Phish Cleveland 95 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:32 pm

someone is gonna be pissed, really pissed, but they really should have known :shock:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
ldiddy
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:45 pm

So shouldn't the sale be moved to the guitar world edition then? That's what was sold, I guess I don't know why there's so much confusion.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:50 pm

it appears it's been moved, but when that buyer receives a "Guitar World" $2 version and learns that it isn't a silkscreen 1st edition, they are 'bound to be *really* wishing they would have asked the "seller" some questions for sure...a person is bound to get elimiated for less than that where I live anywayz...buyer or sellers fault? anyone?

Buyer should be expecting negetative feedback for sure if it is indeed the guitar world edition...but a scam artist will do just about anything for that "easy money"

Easy Money (Todd Snider)
From Songs for the Daily Planet

He tried to look like he had a little bit of money
A grifter with a southern drawl
Well I could tell right away by the way he was runnin'
That the boy was just a beggin' to crawl.
At least a junkie knows what he needs
You get a man all strung out on greed
He'll give up everything he's got
For just a one shot at havin' it all.

He took every last cent of his savings
On a trip to the local track
He had a tip from a friend, bet it all down to win
On a horse named heart attack.
Well now he ain't no fool boys, he didn't bet it all
So everything was cool when that horse took a fall
But then he turned around and blew the rest
Trying to win it all back

He wanted easy money
It's sad but it's true
Everybody wants the most they can possibly get
For the least they can possibly do
They want that easy money
I don't understand.
God they scheme and they plan
But they can't get their hands on no easy money.

Now she'd been watching him from her table
Not too soft but not too tough
Well she figured by the money he'd been throwing around
That he was damn sure good-looking enough
So she worked her way over
She shot him a wink
He took his last five bucks
He bought her a drink
By the time they hit the Motel 6
They figured they was in love (love love love...)

She loved that easy money
It's sad but it's true
Everybody wants the most they can possible get
They want that easy money
I don't understand.
Lord God they scheme and they plan
But they can't get their hands on that easy money.

It must have been about two weeks later
He got a call from a business friend
Who'd found a sure-fire steal of an investment deal
And honey guess what? He's gonna let both of us in
So they took all their savings out of the bank
And on the way home they stopped to gas up the tank
She stepped in for some cigs
And she never saw the drymounter again

He got that easy money
It's sad but it's true
Everybody wants the most they can possible get
He thinks it's easy money
I don't understand.
You scheme and you plan
You ain't got your hands on no easy money.
You scheme and you plan
You ain't got your hands on no easy money.
Last edited by coleslaw on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:03 am

coleslaw wrote:buyer or sellers fault? anyone?
Totally misleading posting. But I would never bid that much on something without really checking out the details first and if there is any question, drop a line to the seller. There was lots of evidence there: the fold, the cheap frame job (from 19 years ago!), the lack of any signature/number/doodle. Still, this does not excuse the seller, in my opinion. I would hope that the buyer has some recourse here...unless of course the magazine ad was that important to them.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:06 am

no doubt ceeve...he/she wanted that "Easy Money" sad but it's true :hanging:
coleslaw
Art Expert

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:11 am

wait is this another one??? opinions BIN_$399

http://cgi.ebay.com/Emek-PHISH-CONCERT- ... 3efa4905ae
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:15 am

I can't believe this guy. Looks like the same frame. Maybe the other buyer got out of the deal.
At least this time the seller fixed the # of years the poster/flyer was supposedly in the frame.

edit: He added some other details as well. Still...
Last edited by ceevee on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:18 am

wow, just wow...very ballsy, no not ballsy more like a ripoff artist IMO...(shakes head)
ceevee
Art Expert

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:25 am

Heh. The average price for Guitar World flyers in the EB sales history has now bumped up to $156.38.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:26 am

This guy/girl is straight up shameless... but if anyone is dumb enough to drop that kinda coin after seeing the pics with no follow up then... :roll:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
franklinstowr
Flipper

Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:55 am

Apparently the original buyer "never paid " for the one that supposedly sold for $310.

either this person selling is clueless or trying to scam someone. I choose the latter.
Doublechecker

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:07 am

Hello all... first timer and I come in with my tail between my legs. I am the one who almost :hanging: bought the GW Emek the other day on ebay. Let me start off by saying it was my forth ever purchase on ebay and I learned my lesson. I may be a city boy now but I still carry some of my younger years small town trust. OK... I have my moments of gullibility.

So here's how it went down... I bid on the poster a minute after I saw it. I raised my max bid from 300 to 310 a minute after that. Next, I found the zoom option and BAM! there it was... the crease down the middle, and my stomach dropped. I have a copy of the GW somewhere in storage, haven't seen it in years, but I remember the poster. I immediately contacted the seller and mentioned I saw the fold and to cancel my bid. He contacted me the next day and said if I decided not to buy the poster, he would cancel my bid. Then he added, he thought the fair thing to do was to wait and see if another bid would come in and then he would oblige my request. A bid came in at 305 but my max bid kicked in and immediately took it up to 310. :) I contacted him again and asked to cancel my request and explained why I was top bidder again. A day or two later I received the request from him to cancel the bid.

So I told this story to a friend and he referred me to EB for future reference. So here I am... please don't hold this against me... I learned my lesson and thanks to this site and all your knowledge I know it won't happen again.

I saw he posted again at $399 but... NO SALE! :lol:
ceevee
Art Expert

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:19 pm

Welcome Doublechecker!

Great name, given the travails that you went through. Don't be too ashamed. Sounds like a lesson learned and I'm sure we have all done similar. Seems like the other bidder probably got duped the same way and figured it out same as you...I'm sure he/she was given the "second chance offer" for $305. Anyway, good luck with the quest for the real mccoy and stick around if this is an interest of yours.

I'll add that I won an auction on a poster long before I found this place that I thought was an amazing steal - not realizing that there was a second edition run. The posting didn't mention an edition of any sort and I didn't figure out until all was long done. Still not a bad purchase (not quite GW edition stuff), but a lesson learned.
Doublechecker

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:00 pm

Thanks ceevee! I am gonna take my time and find a nice one... at least I learned my lesson without denting the wallet. I went to a show at the fillmore SF last night and no posters given out. There was a Tripp poster for sale, ed. of 85, but wasn't very impressive. At least the show exceeded my expectations.
ronsteen
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 am

:D

Nice poster, wish I would have got it a long time ago though.