Phish Cleveland 95 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
RyanPagel

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:03 pm

I have been in contact with the seller of the EMEK Phish that is currently on eBay (280473378814). Here is my conversation with him. I think this should be considered by all who are thinking of bidding on this item, and for the EB team to think of not counting this sale due to the admission of a fake.

Me: "Can you give me some specifics on the condition and flaws
on the print?
Is this signed or doodled?"

Him: "1 crinckle no doodle or not signed"

Me: "Is this an original?
How long is the crinkle?
Where is the crinkle?
Does it affect the image?"

Him: "Not original. It's at the top about an inch"

He answered each of these questions within 30 minutes of my asking. I have since asked him specifics about the paper weight, the vividness of the green ink, whether or not the is the gold flaking in the scales of the phish are present. That was 2 days ago, and no response. I just want buyers to be aware that this conversation has taken place and for you to take caution.
haven
Art Expert

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:19 pm

It's not a fake, it's the pullout from guitar world magazine, or whereever those came from. The seller has it in tiny little letters at the very bottom of the auction page. He's clearly a deceptive douchebag.
hayward96
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:09 pm

RyanPagel wrote:He answered each of these questions within 30 minutes of my asking. I have since asked him specifics about the paper weight, the vividness of the green ink, whether or not the is the gold flaking in the scales of the phish are present. That was 2 days ago, and no response. I just want buyers to be aware that this conversation has taken place and for you to take caution.
I don't understand the part I put in italics. I have this print and there are some areas where the gold appears to be missing, but I don't see any flaking.
Is the part circled below what you are referring too? There aren't really scales on the fish.

jellomcmonkeyfish
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Flimby wrote:this doodle is amazing

Anyone have any idea how many of these "extreme" doodled or "aquarium" ones Emek did? Few for sure but certainly more than just one or two. Mine is almost identical to the one pictured. Has Emek ever mentioned anything about the when, why and how many of the heavily doodled "aquarium" ones? Much thanks to anyone who can answer this..
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:08 pm

I'll bet he doodled them on Ventura and Laurel Cyn watching people come in and buy crap.
jellomcmonkeyfish
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Probably, huh.

Yeah, I've asked him and Ronni twice and have been ignored twice.. I can't be the only person who'd like to know.
CPO
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:38 am

Mine has a pretty elaboate aquarium doodle as well...
Scratch
Art Expert

Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:41 am

nother version o' the doodle

attackonthebass
Art Expert

Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:02 pm

I've been seeing these G.W. pages a lot of Ebay, I know I'll never purchase the official print.

For anyone who has the G.W. version, is it worth purchasing off ebay?

Thanks

Attack
Common sense, is not that common
ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:24 pm

I'd have to call BS on the GW version sale that fetched such a high premium. I love this image, probably one of my favorite Phish-related posters, but isn't the Guitar World version just a glossy folded insert in the magazine? I have lots of magazines with some pretty stunning looking pics in them, but I'm not going to cut them out and put them on my wall.
<Looks around wondering if he has done this already. Okay, maybe something on the fridge.>
phanovart
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:39 am

Mine has doodelings on the bottom about as identical as above, maybe exactly the same...it blew me away when I first saw it and everytime I pull it out of my file of flat, acid free matte collection for a look, I get the same feeling as the first time I saw it, one of my favorite non pollacks ever. I have the Manchester Taylor, and it's special but not the best I have
fredo
Art God

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:04 am

^^thought you didn't like Emek "at all".
just a foil for me today, thanks
smuggs
Art Enthusiast

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 pm

just framed mine, its truly the most epic poster ever probably (imo). its huge, vivid, and detailed. im not sure how some pollocks with 1000 print runs fetch more $ than this thing. its a must see in person.

:notworthy:
smuggs
Art Enthusiast

Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:55 pm

xRedMosquitox
Art Enthusiast

Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:30 pm

I'm a long time collector but short time member of this community - kudos to the people that finally put something like this together

In regards to the guy that asked about how many "extreme doodle" versions there are, I've always treasured mine for having one of the most extreme I've ever seen. I attached some pictures, I apologize if they don't upload - this is my first attempt at sharing something like this.

I've never seen another Yellow Submarine either. I'm not saying others aren't out there - I'm just saying I've never seen one

sorry, it's not for sale
emek401.jpg