Ambush 10 Keyes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
churdiales
Art Expert

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:30 am

foodrap might not be that far off...

To prove his point, just inquire about how Keyes originals are handled by some galleries.
part market's fault, part galleries' fault; like any other consumer-heavy market...

how do you solve this (selling of prints)?
w/ limited time release prints... if lots of people want them, they'll be plenty for everyone.
but then again, that makes them less desirable for some...

how do you solve the other problem (selling of originals)?
don't know... sell it to the highest bidder? (what foodrap was trying to explain.)

not bashing keyes, not bashing galleries... it is hard to find a solution where all parties would end up happy.
the never-ending dilemma... oooh the humanity... oooh the art world... :)

P.S. those uppitty suckers bashing RAP's spelling skills... man, who cares?
let him spell and talk the way he wants to, knows how, feels comfortable...

not saying let's hold hands either, just stop worrying about minute stuff...
flip, not flip, friend, not friend, etc... who cares?
worry about your dealings, let other handle their lives the way they think is more suitable.
(now somebody sell me their Esao - Thinker for face.)

P.S. 2 aunt Norma's preachings are beginning to make sense to me now...
krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:58 am

the main reason I NEVER go to DBSmith gallery is because they DON'T hook anyone up... I don't want to support a gallery, send my out of town friends there, bring people there on first Friday, etc, when I can't get a print from them...
Galleries should sell prints to locals. As much as it sucks, that is the way it goes... people in the UK get hooked up on BANKSY... People in LA/New York get all the Shep fudge. Portland people have EMEk... How about throwing a Josh Keyes print to some Denver folks...
churdiales
Art Expert

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:50 am

if you have the money, you have the power? :)
josh k., do like jason limon... sell some (originals, prints) on your site or something... c'mon? please?
i know wishful thinking...

krisjay wrote:I find this post odd.
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert

Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:55 am

pjtaper wrote:the main reason I NEVER go to DBSmith gallery is because they DON'T hook anyone up...
False.

When was the last time you purchased anything from DBS Gallery?
oldfartatplay
Art Expert

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:18 am

OtisMcfluster wrote:
pjtaper wrote:the main reason I NEVER go to DBSmith gallery is because they DON'T hook anyone up...
False.

When was the last time you purchased anything from DBS Gallery?
I was thinking of asking the same thing, the answer is probably NEVER
pjtaper
Art Freak

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:19 am

Picked up that keyes book... I have a few Thielke prints I've picked up from them also... not too long ago... I also picked up the keyes that was released for a certain time amount...
oldfartatplay
Art Expert

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:30 am

pjtaper wrote:Picked up that keyes book... I have a few Thielke prints I've picked up from them also... not too long ago... I also picked up the keyes that was released for a certain time amount...
Ok, sorry :oops:, so Dave knows you personally. Taper, maybe Dave doesn't want to give Denver folks first dibs at a limited run print. Maybe it's not up to him to make that decision, perhaps it's Joshs' decision.
simpledave
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:34 am

Yeah Galleries have lists, I have been on DBS list for a while for a Keyes OG and don't know where I stand on said list. But Dave is a great guy and He and Josh have put all the hard work into getting the Art out there. So they have the right to release how ever they like. So until you (you all know who you are) put up the Money and use all your time to open a gallery or take the time to hone your Skills as an artist, you can STFU and Play by Their rules. It is their game. Plain and simple. I am not one of Dave's preferential customers even though I am a multiple repeat customer on many different levels with different artists he reps. But I consider him a friend and he considers me a friend too. I will wait patiently for the chance to buy an OG and when I get the chance I will sell most of my other art to buy it. In the meantime I will seek out Lifted, Tic Toc, Entangle II and Scortch to round out my Keyes print collection. :::Anxiouslly awaits next release:::
Tadrules
Art Expert

Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:59 am

huge Keyes fan, but i would never buy this one. great technical work though. his shadow work is amazing.
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
cro225
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:22 pm

simpledave wrote:Yeah Galleries have lists, I have been on DBS list for a while for a Keyes OG and don't know where I stand on said list. But Dave is a great guy and He and Josh have put all the hard work into getting the Art out there. So they have the right to release how ever they like. So until you (you all know who you are) put up the Money and use all your time to open a gallery or take the time to hone your Skills as an artist, you can STFU and Play by Their rules. It is their game. Plain and simple.
:clap:
hellosir
Art Freak

Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 pm

Tadrules wrote:huge Keyes fan, but i would never buy this one. great technical work though. his shadow work is amazing.
The shadow work on this is neither technical, nor amazing. It's some black in vague shapes where it kinda would theoretically go
pjtaper
Art Freak

Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 pm

simpledave wrote:Yeah Galleries have lists, I have been on DBS list for a while for a Keyes OG and don't know where I stand on said list. But Dave is a great guy and He and Josh have put all the hard work into getting the Art out there. So they have the right to release how ever they like. So until you (you all know who you are) put up the Money and use all your time to open a gallery or take the time to hone your Skills as an artist, you can STFU and Play by Their rules. It is their game. Plain and simple. I am not one of Dave's preferential customers even though I am a multiple repeat customer on many different levels with different artists he reps. But I consider him a friend and he considers me a friend too. I will wait patiently for the chance to buy an OG and when I get the chance I will sell most of my other art to buy it. In the meantime I will seek out Lifted, Tic Toc, Entangle II and Scortch to round out my Keyes print collection. :::Anxiouslly awaits next release:::
Very well said... I did just get a PM from a member I trust that stated Dave does, indeed, hook them up...
I just don't know what to think... I am on a waiting list for an OG Keyes too, I believe, at least I tried to get on one. :hanging:
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert

Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:33 pm

The point here Taper is Dave runs a tight ship and is a great gallery to deal with. Boycotting the gallery and besmirching his practices on this site because you don't get to jump to the front of the line for Keyes print drops, on the merit that you bought a book, a couple prints, and live in Denver, is bogus.

Dave is willing to hook people up, especially those who hook him up--but merely living in Denver does not a hook-up garner.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:40 pm

I don't feel entitled, I just want him to sell a few to locals, and I don't care who the hell the local is... make them wait outside overnight, make them win a drawing, do a charity raffle drawing for ONE print.... it just bugs the hell out of me that they don't sell a few to locals... or people who frequent their gallery.
I would NEVER talk fudge about Dave, he is a great dude, has always been very nice, happy to talk/help.
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Why don't you guys take this over to the release discussion thread? Since there's no actual release scheduled, we have to fill that thing up with something.