Bob Dylan San Francisco 10 Sperry

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:39 pm

I gues.... I was going to hold off another hour....
cheeslll
db23
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:39 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:i see they're fixing to start filming the hangover 2, with the original cast. supposed to open in may of 2011 i think. nice.
set in Thailand.

FYI - i don't own this poster. it's very, very nice but i'm not a Dylan fan.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:41 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:i see they're fixing to start filming the hangover 2, with the original cast. supposed to open in may of 2011 i think. nice.
Can't f**king wait.... oh, and I own the 1st ed. of the Dylan and, per my earlier post, it's delicious! :pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:05 pm

I guess the stories about taper are true...

I'd frame the std edition with an awesome solid black wood frame with some thickness (due to the size of the print) but no texture or accents or curviness on the frame, and I'd use spacers... no mats.

Have I said I like the standard edition better than the gold? Of course I was completely hosed by the site crash and got ZILCH :cry:
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
itsdug
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:16 pm

I hope Chuck makes a poster for it! Btw, I love this Dylan poster.
no comment ®
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:24 pm

by itsdug on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:16 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:
i see they're fixing to start filming the hangover 2, with the original cast. supposed to open in may of 2011 i think. nice.

I hope Chuck makes a poster for it!
I especially liked the Tyson/Phil Collins image from the PNE posters from the first movie; I'd love to see a trilogy from the Firehouse guys for the second film... complete with variants. Dueling artists!

Oh yeah... this is absolutely one of Chuck's best posters. Anybody snag an extra?
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Oh yeah, this print... one of Chuck's best? Hmm, the fact that it is for Dylan makes it better, otherwise, Chuck has some STUNNERS!
What stories about me are true?
Also, PNE used Phil Collins in that? No wonder I don't own any of the hangover prints...
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:34 pm

pjtaper wrote:Oh yeah, this print... one of Chuck's best? Hmm, the fact that it is for Dylan makes it better, otherwise, Chuck has some STUNNERS!
Also, PNE used Phil Collins in that? No wonder I don't own any of the hangover prints...
I heard that you actually know how many licks it really takes to get the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop. Please confirm and/or deny :wink:

BTW... F**king LOVE this poster. Some of Chuck's finest work to-date!
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:36 pm

by pjtaper on Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:26 pm

All of them... where there's smoke, there's fire :)

I think Chuck should do another variant of this one... maybe a sepia image on silver stock. Who's up for that?
itsdug
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:37 pm

For the record I was joking about Chuck making a Hangover poster. I'm not a fan of this trend in movie, sorry, cinema prints. God, this Dylan poster is so cool.
no comment ®
pjtaper
Art Freak

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:38 pm

trying to stay on topic... yes, definitely fire... it's CO... OG mango.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
itsdug
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:39 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:I think Chuck should do another variant of this one... maybe a sepia image on silver stock. Who's up for that?
They're being printed tomorrow. Onsale this Friday @ 12 PM (Pacific time of course).
no comment ®
Rick_a_c
EB Trainee

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:42 pm

So, his plan is to bring down the entire world wide web on a Friday, during stock market hours?

Damn, this print is fine!
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:44 pm

I'm not sure if I really like mine...maybe I'll just stick it up in the bathroom with some double sided tape, that's really the only place I have empty walls.
Goonies never say die!
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:49 pm

pjtaper wrote:trying to stay on topic... yes, definitely fire... it's CO... OG mango.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
It's yummy, isn't it... :D

> THC X 9 <