Let The Right One In 10 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:39 am

New image Quad Framed

ceevee
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Oskar drawing:
amok

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 am

dylansdad
Art Expert

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:06 am

Nice job getting number one!
automator
Nobody

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:23 pm

New image Framed

jojobadass
Art Freak

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:47 pm

For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Lomier66
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 8:42 am

Had offered this up for sale to EB members to raise cash for a big ISO this week. But I just don’t think I can bring myself to let it go! No, I’m keeping this bad boy! Will find cash elsewhere… like my job :lol: !

I find Stout’s approach to simply be too much for my tastes usually. Has a tendency to just throw way too much at it and it just looks messy to me. Know there is a load of love for him and he’s obviously talented but just not for me… except for this! It really is beautiful and that’s not a word I would automatically associate with Stout. Could say some of his works are pretty cool sure but this is next level for him! Conveys the sparseness of the film perfectly.

Only Stout I own, or plan on owning… unless he does more subtle pieces like this! Which in my book, he should. His best by some way for me. :D
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
CrustaR
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 9:03 am

ceevee wrote:Oskar drawing:
Whoa, where did you find that?
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 9:16 am

CrustaR wrote:
Looks like an included handbill maybe?
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
clem99
EB Team

Fri May 20, 2011 9:18 am

CrustaR wrote:
there the HB's for the print, there are also foil versions of these with AB- blood screened in
art is the only justification for pain :)
Lomier66
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 9:21 am

clem99 wrote:
CrustaR wrote:
there the HB's for the print, there are also foil versions of these with AB- blood screened in
Cool! Any pictures of those about?
amok

Tue May 31, 2011 3:37 am

Lomier66 wrote:Had offered this up for sale to EB members to raise cash for a big ISO this week. But I just don’t think I can bring myself to let it go! No, I’m keeping this bad boy! Will find cash elsewhere… like my job :lol: !

I find Stout’s approach to simply be too much for my tastes usually. Has a tendency to just throw way too much at it and it just looks messy to me. Know there is a load of love for him and he’s obviously talented but just not for me… except for this! It really is beautiful and that’s not a word I would automatically associate with Stout. Could say some of his works are pretty cool sure but this is next level for him! Conveys the sparseness of the film perfectly.

Only Stout I own, or plan on owning… unless he does more subtle pieces like this! Which in my book, he should. His best by some way for me. :D
Your sentiments sum up my thoughts exactly. This piece has pride of place in my living room. I do like his Akira though, probably because I love the film.
burndisneyland
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 31, 2011 4:04 am

I too would go with a 'less is more' with Stouts. My favourite of his is 'Welcome Home' and it also works well due to it's space to breath. Still would like a LTROI mind.
RupertPupkin wrote: Be careful of EB, it can be very addictive and financially disastrous!
deancc
Art Expert

Tue May 31, 2011 6:09 am

this is my favourite Stout by a long, long, long shot.
Lomier66
Art Expert

Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:44 am

amok wrote:
Lomier66 wrote:Had offered this up for sale to EB members to raise cash for a big ISO this week. But I just don’t think I can bring myself to let it go! No, I’m keeping this bad boy! Will find cash elsewhere… like my job :lol: !

Your sentiments sum up my thoughts exactly. This piece has pride of place in my living room. I do like his Akira though, probably because I love the film.
Just looking into buying our first place at the moment and this will be getting framed up and taking a prime spot in the living room at ours too. One of the few prints my girlfriend likes as much as I do too so everyone’s happy :D ! Will cost quite a bit to frame given the size but what the hell. If you’ve got something this nice you need to frame it up right.