Surfers Paradise 10 aelhra

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:27 pm

southerngarden wrote:my paradise aint a flat lake...
ever been on a COMPLETELY flat lake with a wakeboard and a huge wake? it's as good, if not better, than a very deep powder day...
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:05 pm

pjtaper wrote:
southerngarden wrote:my paradise aint a flat lake...
ever been on a COMPLETELY flat lake with a wakeboard and a huge wake? it's as good, if not better, than a very deep powder day...
i grew up wakeboardin but none of that compares to slightly overhead glass...TS Colin sent us some fun ones but it coulda been bigger...cmon tropics! wake up already, gimme another BILL or FELIX please!
misterx
Art Expert

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Hey..roo..less of the Surfers putdowns mate....I live near there!! :wink:
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
roo
Art Expert

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:52 am

misterx wrote:Hey..roo..less of the Surfers putdowns mate....I live near there!! :wink:
Sorry no disrespect :) but i am sure you know what i mean, more silicon per square mile than any where else in Oz which in its self is not a issue but when they belong to the over 50 crew its not a good look, i used to go surfing alot at Kirra be4 the surf nazi,s took over even worked at the Bombay Rock back in the day. Like the whole of our eastern seaboard its just lost alot of what it was best example has to be Byron Bay. :? This print would make a great poster for Billabong tho :ziggi:
automator
Nobody

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:38 am

New image Surfers Paradise 10 aelhra

automator
Nobody

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:50 pm

New image Surfers Paradise 10 aelhra

roo
Art Expert

Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:02 am

No improvement with the colour variations :ziggi:
VaughanJer
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:08 am

What does "hand-deckled" mean?

The site says:

18 X 24 inches x2
3 color screen serigraphs
signed & numbered & hand-deckled
matched set edition of 10

Available Tuesday @ 8pm ET
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:34 pm

VaughanJer wrote:What does "hand-deckled" mean?

The site says:

18 X 24 inches x2

Nice, thank you!
roo
Art Expert

Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:16 pm

The site says:

18 X 24 inches x2

Hand deckled refers to to the edges of the the print, instead of been cut with a guillotine it is done by the paper making machine, and gives a textured,decorative finish, ie if you got a piece of paper and ripped it in half instead of cutting it straight that would be a deckled edge :ziggi:
VaughanJer
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:40 am

roo wrote:

The site says:

18 X 24 inches x2

Hand deckled refers to to the edges of the the print, instead of been cut with a guillotine it is done by the paper making machine, and gives a textured,decorative finish, ie if you got a piece of paper and ripped it in half instead of cutting it straight that would be a deckled edge :ziggi:
Roo,

Thanks again for helping me to understand all these different techniques and whatnot. So, what is the point of a deckled edge if I plan on framing (actually framing and matting) these prints? Wouldn't the edge be covered due to the matte overlap?

I guess at this the point the only reason I see to buy them as the $60.00 set it to get matching numbers out of a smaller run of ten... that's actually worth it if you ask me, but I think my deckled edges would be hidden.
EB Team

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:11 am

VaughanJer wrote:So, what is the point of a deckled edge if I plan on framing (actually framing and matting) these prints?
Wouldn't the edge be covered due to the matte overlap?
true if you matte then the deckling will not be visible
for this reason some folks float frame deckled prints w/o a matte
roo
Art Expert

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:31 am

1972 wrote:
VaughanJer wrote:So, what is the point of a deckled edge if I plan on framing (actually framing and matting) these prints?
I personally like deckled edges, but it depends on the image and the paper, with this print i dont think it would look as good floated as it would with 1 or even 2 mattes plus i dont know what paper Aelhra uses. For me the actual print reminds me of a snap taken by a tourist on a 2week holiday in North Queensland and then photo shopped by the holiday makers son because dad doesnt know how to turn on the computer. :ziggi:
brookswashere
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:03 am

I dont undertand "hand deckled". I have a print from him that is hand deckled and I had to e-mail him and ask if there was some sort of mix up because I received a torn print..lol.
VaughanJer
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:00 pm

roo wrote:
1972 wrote:
I personally like deckled edges, but it depends on the image and the paper, with this print i dont think it would look as good floated as it would with 1 or even 2 mattes plus i dont know what paper Aelhra uses. For me the actual print reminds me of a snap taken by a tourist on a 2week holiday in North Queensland and then photo shopped by the holiday makers son because dad doesnt know how to turn on the computer. :ziggi:
I think I'm going to skip the deckled edges on this one as I also agree that it would look better with matte. I'm going to have to convince myself that a matching set out of a run of 10 isn't as important as having the prints displayed nicely, in my opinion.

Chances are that the deckled set will sell out before I even get a chance to buy, so that might seal the deal for me right there!

:?