Metropolis 10 O'Daniel

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:10 am

That frame job is perfect rubberneck. Really beautiful! :drool: I still regret passing on this print. I was waiting to see an actual photo of the print and by that time it was gone. :cry:
clem99
EB Team

Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:27 am

congrats, that looks super. another print i would like to have indeed
art is the only justification for pain :)
suchanoo
Art Expert

Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:52 am

automator wrote:New image Metropolis 10 O'Daniel
Metropolis Framed

Spot on! Nice job :clap:
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:01 am

Totally dig the final result. :clap:
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
suchanoo
Art Expert

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:13 pm

Got my copy....it is a truly beautiful print. The gold inks look amazing.
It's crying out to be framed, just hope I can get a good a job done as rubberneck!
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:01 pm

That's a really beautiful frame job, well done. I want mine done like that!
rubberneck
Art God

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:44 pm

jonkino wrote:That's a really beautiful frame job, well done. I want mine done like that!
Cheers for all the compliments folks...Makes me look up at it, here on the wall with pride!! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
rubberneck
Art God

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:34 pm

rubberneck wrote:
jonkino wrote:That's a really beautiful frame job, well done. I want mine done like that!
Cheers for all the compliments folks...Makes me look up at it, here on the wall with pride!! :D

and now I guess I need to make more wall space..... :o

http://aliencorset.blogspot.com/2010/09 ... ed_19.html

http://aliencorset.blogspot.com/2010/09 ... green.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:13 am

So this was the original "brown" version, and now there are green and red versions... all with gold. The cool thing to me is that the humanoid chick is facing forward on this one and she's facing left & right on the green and red versions. A nice triptych of sorts.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:20 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:So this was the original "brown" version, and now there are green and red versions... all with gold. The cool thing to me is that the humanoid chick is facing forward on this one and she's facing left & right on the green and red versions. A nice triptych of sorts.

Yes, that's exactly what I thought, great innit!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:23 pm

So, if Richard Goodall Gallery in England is the only place one can find this beauty (as I've read on another thread), and if their price is 125 freakin' British Pounds Sterling (which I can confirm as a result of visting the website), then that sound we are starting to hear is the sound of flippers circling the Castro Theatre. Look out for shrapnel, boys and girls... it's time to buy O'Daniel movie screenprints... NOW! Women and children are officially on their own here!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
suchanoo
Art Expert

Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:So, if Richard Goodall Gallery in England is the only place one can find this beauty (as I've read on another thread), and if their price is 125 freakin' British Pounds Sterling (which I can confirm as a result of visting the website), then that sound we are starting to hear is the sound of flippers circling the Castro Theatre. Look out for shrapnel, boys and girls... it's time to buy O'Daniel movie screenprints... NOW! Women and children are officially on their own here!
But where in hell are the rest of these posters?? Only 6 listed on here. If they're not selling anywhere else on the web, they must have just been bought by general punters at the show and are sticky taped to their kids walls or RGG has a queue of these babies in stock, ready to shaft everyone for a copy :x
solthistle
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:29 pm

Those brown metropolis posters were up for weeks, many of the others for months...... good to see the guy starting to get some well deserved attention
"If you were a good pimp you would've hit me by now!"

"If looks could kill, I am a-dead now"
downtown
Art Expert

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:56 pm

solthistle wrote:Those brown metropolis posters were up for weeks, many of the others for months...... good to see the guy starting to get some well deserved attention
I think the 2 new Metropolis posters got people thinking.
The first edition was no doubt a sleeper, and the majority of the run probably sold to your average theater goers (hopefully not tacked to their kids walls but most likely never to be seen again).
O'Daniel looks like a pretty formidable designer and the printing seems great. Does he print at Hanger 18 ?
I'm looking forward to my new green edition.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:12 pm

I love the "A Clockwork Orange" poster of his that I bought a while ago. I will be framing it someday.

Photo by jojobadass: