Metropolis 10 O'Daniel

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:13 pm

I believe clockwork orange was the first big attention breaker.

There is a particular east bay dealer that has a lot of his work.....try there.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:27 pm

suchanoo wrote:
But where in hell are the rest of these posters?? Only 6 listed on here. If they're not selling anywhere else on the web, they must have just been bought by general punters at the show and are sticky taped to their kids walls or RGG has a queue of these babies in stock, ready to shaft everyone for a copy :x
I emailed David today to request getting matching numbers for the red and green, to my original brown, He actually indicated that the lack of availability of the original print on the secondary market was due to most attendees who purchased a print (approx 90) not being aware of a secondary market for such prints.

He also indicated that this release is an attempt to allow more people to be able to pick up a Metropolis print and that a triptych was never his intention, hence the white border, different dimensions & scale of detail on the print.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
suchanoo
Art Expert

Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:46 pm

Shame there was no A/P for online sales
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind
solthistle
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:03 pm

hopefully the castro and David rock some more old school gangster films, like the awesome Public Enemy he just did
"If you were a good pimp you would've hit me by now!"

"If looks could kill, I am a-dead now"
clem99
EB Team

Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:27 am

side by side we
art is the only justification for pain :)
tweetick
Art Connoisseur

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:28 am

suchanoo wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:So, if Richard Goodall Gallery in England is the only place one can find this beauty (as I've read on another thread), and if their price is 125 freakin' British Pounds Sterling (which I can confirm as a result of visting the website), then that sound we are starting to hear is the sound of flippers circling the Castro Theatre. Look out for shrapnel, boys and girls... it's time to buy O'Daniel movie screenprints... NOW! Women and children are officially on their own here!
But where in hell are the rest of these posters?? Only 6 listed on here. If they're not selling anywhere else on the web, they must have just been bought by general punters at the show and are sticky taped to their kids walls or RGG has a queue of these babies in stock, ready to shaft everyone for a copy :x
I can speak for 2 of the original brown version. They're snug in mylar sleeves inside my flat file. I'm hoping to get one framed soon. One of the two has a very slight band of ink missing. I kinda like that it adds to the handmade quality of the poster.

I had tried to contact the Castro Theatre regarding the availability of his first Hitchcock posters. The theatre never responded to my inquiry. By the time I discovered David's blog the posters were long gone. However, David was good enough to GIVE me a very lightly damaged copy (specifically, an imbedded hair) of his Vertigo poster with my order for the first "Metropolis" and "A Clockwork Orange" posters. Honestly, I have found David along with Tyler Stout to be the two greatest guys to deal with in all posterdom. First rate.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:48 am

I, too, can attest to David being a great guy. I've had a couple outstanding dialogs with him over the past few months. He looks out for his regular customers, for sure, and he is gracious if you've never talked to him before. I never had any success with the Castro theatre, either, but that's the movie house; not David.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:09 am

Someone else carries his posters too http://goo.gl/icKG
DannyDaCat
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:06 pm

I can account for another one, was able to acquire it from a personal web site from a seller in Australia... Shipped Friday, can't wait for it to arrive to see in person. Personally, I'm not too fond of the Red or Green versions, she's much too curvy and voluptuous for my tastes and doesn't really sit well with me and the feel of the movie (in my opinion). But the Brown is just absolutely spot on perfect... David O'Daniel hit genius with it...
theartofmovieposters
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:52 pm

Wondering if anyone can help.
I have one of these but on red/maroon paper rather than brown (I have the brown version too).
Other than the paper, identical to the brown, but no signature or number.
It came from David himself in an order I placed.

I love all the metropolis prints and the idea is to get em all framed and up eventually, but I'm not really sure what the red one is...test?
Any ideas? (I did email him, but never heard from him)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
automator
Nobody

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:37 pm

New image Metropolis I 10 O'Daniel

suchanoo
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:30 am

theartofmovieposters wrote:Wondering if anyone can help.
I have one of these but on red/maroon paper rather than brown (I have the brown version too).
Other than the paper, identical to the brown, but no signature or number.
It came from David himself in an order I placed.

I love all the metropolis prints and the idea is to get em all framed and up eventually, but I'm not really sure what the red one is...test?
Any ideas? (I did email him, but never heard from him)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sounds like a test print to me. Pics?
UK Member? Reclaim some VAT... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=85994
shut your mouth and open your mind
automator
Nobody

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:13 am

New image Metropolis I 10 O'Daniel - Test Print
Not signed or numbered.
Most likely a test print.

automator
Nobody

Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:36 pm

New image Metropolis I 10 O'Daniel

recycler
Art Expert

Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:09 am

I bet this is the first time a lot of noobs came across DoD.

Kind of a shame he just stopped doing posters. I thought he had some troubles with shipping and then there was nothing. Anyone remember what happened to him?