Phish Alpharetta 10 Methane

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ryan_money
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:15 pm

Did anyone see these up for sale on the Methane site today?
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:18 pm

admiller wrote: but don't make such base statements without some reasoning, dude.
there is no reasoning by his statement alone- empty mind :hanging:
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:23 pm

ryan_money wrote:Did anyone see these up for sale on the Methane site today?
It sold out faster than a Brainwash of a canvas Shep self-portrait.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
ryan_money
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:30 pm

downbytheriver wrote:
It sold out faster than a Brainwash of a canvas Shep self-portrait.
What did they have up for sale, 1?
brewdog123
Art Expert

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:47 pm

this print does have some nice silver metallic ink that you cant see from the images on here
TRAVISK01
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:57 pm

Yes. Somehow I was lucky enough to score one. Methane tweeted they only sold 14 today. Went on sale at 5pm on the dot.
Remaining will be sold later in the week
mossyone
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:42 pm

brewdog123 wrote:this print does have some nice silver metallic ink that you cant see from the images on here

i'm a sucker for metallic ink, and the silver on this one fits well with the theme.
automator
Nobody

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:13 pm

New image Phish Alpharetta 10 Methane

automator
Nobody

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:14 pm

New image Phish Alpharetta 10 Methane
T-Shirt

boxcarwilly
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:57 am

Does this mean Methane is doing in house design for Phish now ?
Lost my fudge tryin to act casual.
admiller83
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:29 pm

good gosh let's hope not. Pollock has a shirt now and again w Phish but is in no way their solo graphic artist. Methane has a hand in Phish now bc of Red Light Mgmt and no other reason. This is a decent print but the other Methane prints lack terribly. I'm sure Stout will bust out a nice one for leg 2 as well as another Pollock. Let's hope these multiple Methane prints in one tour are a fleeting trend...
abephroman
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:52 pm

there is no reasoning by his statement alone- empty mind :hanging:
Straight lines and plain design. Methane'sTrey print in Feb was ok, but this is garbage.
><}}}'> ><}}}'> ><}}}'> ><}}}'> ><}}}'>><}}}'>><}}}'>
"There is no Hell. There is only France." - Frank Zappa
kramer73
Art Expert

Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:34 am

I see they learned how to spell Alpharetta
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
njirish
New User

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:03 pm

How does one know when Pollock's are going to be made for a show? And how does anyone even get their hands on one!?! By waiting a long time on a long line? What's the strategy?- Curious, because I'd like to start collecting for future shows and the shows I've been to.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Welcome to the world of EB posting, njirish!

As far as I know, the artists for Phish shows are kept 'secret' until at earliest a day or 2 before the show date, and in some cases, it isn't know to the public until showtime.

Long lines are generally the rule, and the more desirable a poster is (based on artist, image, venue, edition size, etc.), the more difficult it is to snag one at the show... which brings the topic around to the secondary market... places like ebay, where market demand dictates how much you'll have to pay for what has generally become a $50 suggested retail price poster at the show booths. The other options that may exist are (1) Phish Drygoods often sells a few posters from each show, putting them up for sale at somewhat random dates anywhere from a few days after a show to several months after the show date, and (2) the artist's website... the artist is sometimes contractually allowed to sell a few posters for a given show, and they all have different ways of offering them for sale.

I hope this helps.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.