Tool Houston 10 Jones

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:56 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Tool Houston 10 Jones

noodles
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:00 pm

anyone go to this show or any others this tour?

are there usually prints for all tool shows? curious if the prints sold out at the show? if so, was it quickly? slowly? were they selling tubes perchance?

haven't seen tool in a while, going to the kc show. wasn't sure if tool fans are crazy poster fans, like pj, phish or dmb and i'd have to show up early. any advice or insight would be appreciated, thanx.
LLA
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:19 pm

noodles wrote:anyone go to this show or any others this tour?

are there usually prints for all tool shows? curious if the prints sold out at the show? if so, was it quickly? slowly? were they selling tubes perchance?

haven't seen tool in a while, going to the kc show. wasn't sure if tool fans are crazy poster fans, like pj, phish or dmb and i'd have to show up early. any advice or insight would be appreciated, thanx.
I'm going to the show tomorrow night and Tool generally doesn't sell out posters. Each show is different however and also depends on the quantity of each show. Last years tour had a print for each show. I did get a few last year and I did get a tube as well, but noticed they ran out of tubes by the end of the night. Last years show in Dallas, the prints sold out before the show was over, but they also had several prints available from previous shows including band signed available still. It appears the run for each show is smaller this year.

I think you want to show up early for any merchandise booth regardless of the interest in the posters. Starting tomorrow, they'll be releasing limited t-shirts as well as the posters of the same image for that particular show.
MattTheCraw
Art Expert

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:43 pm

LLA wrote:

I'm going to the show tomorrow night and Tool generally doesn't sell out posters. Each show is different however and also depends on the quantity of each show. Last years tour had a print for each show. I did get a few last year and I did get a tube as well, but noticed they ran out of tubes by the end of the night. Last years show in Dallas, the prints sold out before the show was over, but they also had several prints available from previous shows including band signed available still. It appears the run for each show is smaller this year.

I think you want to show up early for any merchandise booth regardless of the interest in the posters. Starting tomorrow, they'll be releasing limited t-shirts as well as the posters of the same image for that particular show.

I'm still looking for a band signed poster - If anyone goes to a show and wants me to love them long time, then get one for me!
Your Australian Poster Guy
noodles
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:06 pm

LLA wrote:

rite on. thanx for the info. gonna try and get there a bit early. not a bad idea on many fronts anyway. its sold out so its gonna be crazy dtown that nite. thanx again for the knowledge
davm415
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:11 pm

i went to the houston show and they actually sold out pretty quick, and 1 per person. they are numbered out of 250 (350 last tour),the band signed were $100, unsigned $25 (a deal considering $40 t-shirts :shock: ), and they are embossed like the last tour. and no tubes, just rubber bands, but several people brought their own in. they had 3 or 4 merch tables set up in houston, not sure how many signed were available at each. the lines were huge within a half hour of the doors opening, so get there early.

oh, and the show and set was great, as always, they never disappoint. seeing/hearing 'third eye' and 'the patient' live again was worth the drive and price of admission...
krisjay
Art Expert

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:12 am

Third Eye and the Patient, wow, saw them play both of those on the Lateralus tour, nice to see some of that stuff coming out on this tour, but as usual I live in Maine, as far as any good tours, Maine doesn't get any come our way.
davm415 wrote:i went to the houston show and they actually sold out pretty quick, and 1 per person. they are numbered out of 250 (350 last tour),the band signed were $100, unsigned $25 (a deal considering $40 t-shirts :shock: ), and they are embossed like the last tour. and no tubes, just rubber bands, but several people brought their own in. they had 3 or 4 merch tables set up in houston, not sure how many signed were available at each. the lines were huge within a half hour of the doors opening, so get there early.

oh, and the show and set was great, as always, they never disappoint. seeing/hearing 'third eye' and 'the patient' live again was worth the drive and price of admission...
Burn, baby, burn!!!!
davm415
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:35 pm

i saw this posted elsewhere, one of the signed and doodled posters, $450 at the show :shock: :hanging:
automator
Nobody

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:40 pm

New image Signed Tool poster

RITFW
Art Expert

Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:49 pm

davm415 wrote:i saw this posted elsewhere, one of the signed and doodled posters, $450 at the show :shock: :hanging:
Where are you finding these pics?
davm415
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:42 pm

RITFW wrote:
davm415 wrote:i saw this posted elsewhere, one of the signed and doodled posters, $450 at the show :shock: :hanging:
Where are you finding these pics?
http://www.fourtheye.net/
sniper
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:37 am

Boy, they are really putting out some shitty art with shitty fonts and satanic fudge all over it. Keep up the good work and get back to making SMPTE work with your Studer and record some new music. Makes me sick. :evil:
automator
Nobody

Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:19 am

New image Tool Houston 10 Jones