...today is the first time I've ever come back 10 Danger

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Sory abaut dat
jamesmartin
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:20 am

Mine arrived today, also very tightly rolled. How are people going about flattening these? I think I'm gonna leave mine to relax a bit before weighing it down with anything.
TDunk
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:58 am

But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:
kj1nyr wrote:Here as well. I normally lay them flat on my breakfast bar with bar glasses holding the corners, but the glasses kept popping up for this one. I had to double up.
Not a good idea..
Let the paper "rest" a bit when you take it out of the tube
But don't let it lying there or it'll form waves, put it vertical and only after a day or 2 try to flat it between 2 heavy acid free sheets with some books on top.
This is the way I do it
I wouldn't use glasses either, the can create little indents where they are touching the print.

i just got mine the other day, too. why the hell would they roll it so tight? they shipped in bigass 4 inchers, let it relax in there gomerch.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:47 pm

TDunk wrote:
But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:
kj1nyr wrote:Here as well. I normally lay them flat on my breakfast bar with bar glasses holding the corners, but the glasses kept popping up for this one. I had to double up.
Not a good idea..
Let the paper "rest" a bit when you take it out of the tube
But don't let it lying there or it'll form waves, put it vertical and only after a day or 2 try to flat it between 2 heavy acid free sheets with some books on top.
This is the way I do it
I wouldn't use glasses either, the can create little indents where they are touching the print.

i just got mine the other day, too. why the hell would they roll it so tight? they shipped in bigass 4 inchers, let it relax in there gomerch.
I don't leave the glasses touching the print except if I'm taking photos. I put the glasses on the kraft paper over the print.

Regardless, my second BR arrived a week ago and, due to comments made here, I took it out of the tube and left it alone to "relax" until yesterday. As stated in the lost thread, that biatch is still as tight as a first timer in prison. Between my hubby and I we managed to carefully unroll it, put kraft paper & foam core on top and weighed that down with 4 cans of baked beans. The glasses weren't heavy enough to keep it flat. My 1st BR, which was under foam core since my original post 7/2, is still almost as springy. What the heck did they use to get these things so tight!?!?!
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Maybe gomerch is working in conjunction with Slinky.
automator
Nobody

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:27 pm

New image today is the first time I've ever come back 10 Danger - Framed

kotopa4
Art Expert

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:02 pm

this is available for purchase again for anyone interested...

http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/sh ... 879&id=172
danieldanger wrote:dont get me wrong, i like the banksy street stuff, its clever and impressivly done, but this print racket is kinda ridiculous.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:50 pm

kotopa4 wrote:this is available for purchase again for anyone interested...

http://damoncarltonandapolarbear.com/sh ... 879&id=172
Only 7 in stock right now.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.