Pearl Jam Kansas City 10 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 1:35 pm

$140 Really? Come on people have a little patience huh? LOL
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
Tadrules
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 1:43 pm

hailhailpj wrote:i love it because it is an Emek, it is good, and it is not a missle on white paper broke in half.
I like that one better, seriously. PJ was all anti war at the time...at least it makes sense. What is this? Who cares about cow pie run off? PJ? Really?
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 1:45 pm

still no word from emek when is this dropping online?
southerngarden
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 1:48 pm

for everyone looking for meaning in this image there is no way this was done after the oil rig blew-up...thats just a un-lucky coincidence...
electrachrome
Site Admin

Tue May 04, 2010 2:26 pm

I think the robots are Emek's kids and the poster reflects his concern for their future in a polluted environment.
arnosax9
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 04, 2010 2:26 pm

southerngarden wrote:
tranito wrote:I was expecting much more out of this.
this is really weak.,...robot kids feeding skeleton fish for a show in freakin kansas of all places? only reason id want this thing is if i was at the actual show...poor color choices, redundant emek lettering, fail.

can we start a new category for biggest-let-down print of the year?

I absolutely agree with this. The poster is actually depressing looking. I'm very surprised that he would make a poster like this for a band of this stature. The Wave is a beauty and the Peace Chains is interesting but this one? No..no question this is a major letdown. And for Pearl Jam, no less! Why?
sk8nshoot1
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Life (and a gig poster, apparently) is like a box of chocolates....
BK: "Flatstock is like chum for flippers"
gospar
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 04, 2010 3:51 pm

Thanks sasquatch for your message, now I appreciate even more this beautiful print.
There is nothing wrong with colors, it fits the theme.
I don't know what people was expecting; fireworks jumping from foil paper...
And I am actually happy that lots of people don't like it, I'll have more chance to score one and put it on the wall and less fans it's going to keep price down on aftermarket.

PJ + Emek :clap:
southerngarden
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 4:01 pm

gospar wrote:I'll have more chance to score one and put it on the wall and less fans it's going to keep price down on aftermarket.
less fans doesnt have much to do with it...its ugly and there are gonna be 10,000 of these things...thats why itll be cheap and easy to score.
(ok)
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 04, 2010 5:32 pm

so glad to see people hate this! I assume NOBODY will be around for the emek sale then correct? great, I'll be able to score one no problem! thanks all! 8)
theomont
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 5:40 pm

(ok) wrote:so glad to see people hate this! I assume NOBODY will be around for the emek sale then correct? great, I'll be able to score one no problem! thanks all! 8)
Oh, I'll buy it. I just won't like it.
http://theomont.blogspot.com - check it if you get a chance.
levyhit
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 04, 2010 6:04 pm

from my emails with emek, it didnt read like there was going to be a emek release
pewter14
EB Team

Tue May 04, 2010 6:21 pm

levyhit wrote:from my emails with emek, it didnt read like there was going to be a emek release
If he has a small allotment, he could very well be saving them for upcoming events like TRPS or AMM @ Goodfoot.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
(ok)
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 04, 2010 7:40 pm

levyhit wrote:from my emails with emek, it didnt read like there was going to be a emek release
bummer...and no variants....super bummer...
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed May 05, 2010 2:20 am

Tadrules wrote: Who cares about cow pie run off?
You do.
Tad you do not rule...
The poster has edge to it... a big slap in the face to local shithead polluters.
That poster will be hanging on everyone's wall in KC for years to come when the fish are gone.

The show was pretty dang good... but I'm always happy hearing Porch, Present Tense, and anything Neil Young.
Dig Band Of Horses... they stepped up.
The printing is not the stuff we are used to getting from Portland, but the piece comes with a message or meaning which is exactly what we expect...
He does his homework, I like getting posters with more than just a picture.
His work may not blow you away everytime but his vision should.