Pearl Jam Kansas City 10 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
levyhit
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 03, 2010 10:22 pm

kinda...emekemail...no varients
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon May 03, 2010 10:40 pm

So far I'm not feeling strongly about this one, which is very good news for my bank account.
theomont
Art Expert

Mon May 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Weak. Bummer. I had high hopes for this one. I guess that lightning doesn't strike thrice.
http://theomont.blogspot.com - check it if you get a chance.
levyhit
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 03, 2010 11:17 pm

just because no varients....doesnt mean itll be weak...and th other prints werent numbered...only the uncut SB editions...
RITFW
Art Expert

Mon May 03, 2010 11:19 pm

I don't like any of the three PJ Emek posters... there, I said it.
tranito
Art Expert

Mon May 03, 2010 11:36 pm

I was expecting much more out of this.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
ThePrestige
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 04, 2010 12:02 am

is taper at this show? How hasn't he commented yet?
southerngarden
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 12:09 am

tranito wrote:I was expecting much more out of this.
this is really weak.,...robot kids feeding skeleton fish for a show in freakin kansas of all places? only reason id want this thing is if i was at the actual show...poor color choices, redundant emek lettering, fail.

can we start a new category for biggest-let-down print of the year?

emek jumped the shark and i can save my cash for klausen!
timc
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 1:31 am

southerngarden wrote:
tranito wrote:I was expecting much more out of this.
this is really weak.,...robot kids feeding skeleton fish for a show in freakin kansas of all places? only reason id want this thing is if i was at the actual show...poor color choices, redundant emek lettering, fail.

can we start a new category for biggest-let-down print of the year?

emek jumped the shark and i can save my cash for klausen!
What he said very boaring poster major let down
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
Tadrules
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 1:49 am

He's got skills, but the concept is horrible. Everything is very well drawn. Too bad it just doesn't make sense or feel right. Is there a 'story' or something i'm not getting......?
If you use ULINE tubes, please don't pm me about trades or sales.
peerly
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 04, 2010 4:33 am

poster makes me depressive :hanging:
noodles
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 04, 2010 7:21 am

prints not signed or numbered btw. bummer. one lady told me 600 prints in building. but who knows.

the ks and mo rivers coverge about a mile away from venue, so the water theme isn't that far off.

i like it. glad to get a emek at a show i attended. no bitchin here about the image.

first pj show and had a great freaking time. would def see them again. being in a corporate suite didn't suck either.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 7:28 am

I like this
sasquatch
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 7:30 am

Missouri has some of America's most polluted waterways, largely because corporate interests trump those of the environment.

Between 1983 and 1997, animal waste pollution caused 94 fish kills in 199 miles of Missouri's streams. Large-scale swine feedlots have been the biggest culprit, with 61 fish kills totaling over 534,000 fish, affecting 150 miles of Missouri streams.9 For example, in 1995, five swine waste spills in northern Missouri by PSF killed at least 180,000 fish in Blackbird, Mussel Fork and Spring Creeks.10 One spill in 1995 by Continental Grain killed over 88,000 fish.11 In 1996, animal waste killed 55,000 fish in 35 miles of streams.12 Sixty-three percent of all CAFOs handling wet manure inspected between 1990 and 1994 by the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) had illegally discharged animal waste.13

Most major watersheds that southwestern Missouri's big poultry facilities drain into are classified by the state as "impaired" waters,14 meaning their pollution level now interferes with fishing and other uses identified by the state. The Elk River, which is the region's principal watershed, is so polluted that it no longer supports historic levels of fishing, swimming, and boating.15

In August 1998, environmental groups posted warning signs after measuring high levels of disease-causing pathogens, including the bacteria E. Coli and Salmonella, at Cave Springs Branch. The small stream flows into Honey Creek, a tributary to Grand Lake of the Cherokees at Grove, Oklahoma. The Missouri Department of Health also found high levels, including fecal coliform levels more than twice the safety standard. These organisms can cause vomiting, diarrhea, swimmer's ear, gastroenteritis and infection of any open skin lesions. The state health department declined to issue a health advisory.16

Sierra Club program director Ken Midkiff said state health officials' decision not to issue a health warning "has nothing to do with protecting public health and everything to do with protecting a major industry in this area."17 According to Midkiff, Simmons Industries' giant poultry processing plant on the banks of the stream releases millions of gallons of waste water into the Branch each week, accounting for 80 percent of the waters in this small stream.

In northern Missouri, Spring Creek has suffered three spills of swine waste in the last 29 months resulting in fish kills.18

Neighbors claim that PSF has been responsible for over 50 documented spills and accidents over five years, many into the same streams.19 DNR investigators have documented dead pigs, pig fetuses, veterinary waste and trash floating in PSF lagoons. PSF employees have given information to state investigators about the company's policy of cleaning up spills and then reporting the incident to state regulators. PSF had at least 20 spills in 15 months between March 1997 and July 1998. The spills totaled over a quarter million gallons of liquefied feces and urine.20

Manure spills have only been one source of pollution from animal factories. Another problem occurs when manure is sprayed onto fields in excessive amounts. In 1997, Missouri Rural Crisis Center members uncovered an industry-wide pattern of over-applying manure on fields, which resulted in degraded water quality near hog factories. The University of Missouri-College of Agriculture had supplied the DNR with faulty recommended manure application rates for permits, allowing twice as much animal waste to be spread on fields as DNR intended.21
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue May 04, 2010 8:10 am

Sounds like a poster with a message. Fits well with PJ, IMHO.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.