Dark Star Orchestra SF 10 Sperry Hunter

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:46 pm

Even from jpg images, the multiple texturing effects pop out loud and clear.
This one might set a new standard for "psychedelic"... let's lick that Umphrey's frog and then check out this one really close.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:31 pm

Wow, like the image but didn't realize the size until I read it here. Gorgeous but at that size I'll probably never frame it. Still, sweet collab, if I'm not in the dentist's chair at noon I'll definitely be trying for the regular.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:56 pm

super rad collaboration, diggin' it!!! :clap: :notworthy:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:01 am

I've never bought anything directly from Chuck, will there be a one per customer limit?
ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:03 am

jamesgunter wrote:I've never bought anything directly from Chuck, will there be a one per customer limit?
There is not. But the way the paypal is setup, you have to pay for each print + shipping separately.
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:05 am

ceevee wrote:
jamesgunter wrote:I've never bought anything directly from Chuck, will there be a one per customer limit?
There is not. But the way the paypal is setup, you have to pay for each print + shipping separately.
so do i put one in my cart, pay and then go back for another or can i put two in my cart and then pay separately?
ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:12 am

Every time you click the paypal button, it sends you to paypal check out. If you go back again, it will open another paypal with the one item that you just selected. Hope that makes sense. You can give it a dry run with the available prints on his page. :D
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:28 am

ceevee wrote:Every time you click the paypal button, it sends you to paypal check out. If you go back again, it will open another paypal with the one item that you just selected. Hope that makes sense. You can give it a dry run with the available prints on his page. :D
okay! i went on a test run. :) I think i've formulated my plan. ....multiple windows for maximum quickness.
OneStepAhead
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:03 am

southerngarden wrote:this is a must have! im loving sperry's chicks! this will look great next to his MOGWAI chick! and cloes by the PANIC chicks! also love that these prints are HUGE!

love this but can only afford the reg ed...
Im putting this next to the Mogwai as well, and the Public Image Ltd Mutant Red variant. If your getting sick of the Milwaukee WSP Sperry, you can send it back to me. I miss it. :cry:
OneStepAhead
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:04 am

jamesgunter wrote:
ceevee wrote:Every time you click the paypal button, it sends you to paypal check out. If you go back again, it will open another paypal with the one item that you just selected. Hope that makes sense. You can give it a dry run with the available prints on his page. :D
okay! i went on a test run. :) I think i've formulated my plan. ....multiple windows for maximum quickness.
sometimes cookies mess up that plan, i would go with multiple browsers to be safe. it may work though.. depends on how the store is setup.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:16 am

I like this one next to Chuck's 2009 WestFest, for the theme of hippie chicks...
or, I like this one next to Chuck's 2009 Gov't Mule, for the theme of chicks with pouty lips
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:01 pm

I was not going to buy any posters this week.

Now I am. I even know what poster I'm taking down to replace with this one (it's a Horkey about the same size).

Dave and Chuck individually always seem to foil my plans to save money....together they are unstoppable....
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
southerngarden
Art Expert

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 pm

OneStepAhead wrote:
southerngarden wrote:this is a must have! im loving sperry's chicks! this will look great next to his MOGWAI chick! and cloes by the PANIC chicks! also love that these prints are HUGE!

love this but can only afford the reg ed...
Im putting this next to the Mogwai as well, and the Public Image Ltd Mutant Red variant. If your getting sick of the Milwaukee WSP Sperry, you can send it back to me. I miss it. :cry:
sorry my friend, my milwaukee WSP is loving its new sister, the myrtle beach WSP....arent you enjoying that Stout NYE Phish print set? my NYE Stout is on my wall and i love it! :D

im kinda wishing that this poster wasnt for a glorified cover-band...i mean, i get it, the whole connection to the dead and the roots of rock posters...but DSO isnt exactly the most original band out there. on the flip side, hunter and sperry are the only artists that have made me buy gig posters for bands i dont listen to...their art is just that great! so i dont have to much trouble justifying the purchase...

i still think the MOGWAI chick is the hottest of chucks recent women prints...
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:21 pm

southerngarden wrote:i still think the MOGWAI chick is the hottest of chucks recent women prints...
I can't even choose. There are too many (and I'm biased - I count the actual design of the print the girl is on too)
wandering-gypsy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:27 pm

It doesn't get any better than this illo ....
Damn!
"Those English kids want to play the blues so bad—and they do play the blues so bad".
Sonny Boy Williamson on the feeble attempts by '60's British bands to play the blues.