Ali 10 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
Catarax
Art Expert
Posts: 6965
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: Beantown/Wormtown

Wed May 12, 2010 6:31 am

i was actually about to post that.. it does look like Tracy Chapman..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
User avatar
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert
Posts: 1343
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Wed May 12, 2010 9:23 am

Can someone post pictures of the actual print? I'm pretty sure the jpg doesnt do it justice
pax
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:36 pm

Wed May 12, 2010 12:19 pm

This is sweet.
User avatar
aahnutz
EB Team
Posts: 21749
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Some place I'd rather not be...

Wed May 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Release discussion here ---> http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 36&t=52330
Thanks. :)
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 131109
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Thu May 13, 2010 5:24 pm

New image Ali 10 Fairey


Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 131109
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Thu May 13, 2010 5:25 pm

New image Ali 10 Fairey
photo by Michael Tighe

Image
stantonwalsh
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:29 am

Thu May 13, 2010 5:52 pm

ecotuanis wrote:wow. i really like this a lot. i think it captures the ali we all know today pretty well.
Agreed. I think the darkness, the contemplative expression, and the right to left downward glance all make for a very strong image. Seems to communicate a lot about the man who has been through so much, now with more years behind him than ahead, taking a reflective look back from an elevated perspective. Excellent, Shep and Michael.
artsmartie10
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 11:35 am

Mon May 17, 2010 6:03 pm

although I am not a sports fan in regards to boxing I must say that this is one of my favorite images depicting Ali and I was surprised to see it become one of my Favorite images by Shepard so far. I am not familiarizing myself with his older prints but for the newer releases this is by far a great image.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 131109
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Tue May 18, 2010 5:18 pm

New image Ali Canvas Print 10 Fairey


Image
User avatar
ThierryHenry
Art Expert
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:00 am

Fri May 21, 2010 4:17 pm

Arrived today. Amazing detail in this poster. Look forward to framing it, eventually.

Only shitty part was I had to pay 35 Euro to UPS when they delivered it. Son of a bitch!!
That means I paid $75 for print, over $30 for shipping and close to $50 for customs.
Seems I only get hit when UPS are involved.

USPS is the way to go.

Anyway, FANTASTIC Poster!
User avatar
nocodept
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:39 pm

Fri May 21, 2010 4:39 pm

ThierryHenry wrote:Arrived today. Amazing detail in this poster. Look forward to framing it, eventually.

Only shitty part was I had to pay 35 Euro to UPS when they delivered it. Son of a bitch!!
That means I paid $75 for print, over $30 for shipping and close to $50 for customs.
Seems I only get hit when UPS are involved.

USPS is the way to go.

Anyway, FANTASTIC Poster!
you had better lucky that me...i paid an extra 96€ :x
"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a rooster like a burmese python, and the mind of a drymounting scientist."
Kenny Powers
User avatar
ThierryHenry
Art Expert
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:00 am

Fri May 21, 2010 4:57 pm

nocodept wrote:
ThierryHenry wrote:Arrived today. Amazing detail in this poster. Look forward to framing it, eventually.

Only shitty part was I had to pay 35 Euro to UPS when they delivered it. Son of a bitch!!
That means I paid $75 for print, over $30 for shipping and close to $50 for customs.
Seems I only get hit when UPS are involved.

USPS is the way to go.

Anyway, FANTASTIC Poster!
you had better lucky that me...i paid an extra 96€ :x
Are you shitting me?? That's insane. 96 Euro?? What the drymount for??

Do you usually get hit with these fees?? Bastards!
User avatar
nocodept
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:39 pm

Sat May 22, 2010 2:07 am

ThierryHenry wrote:
nocodept wrote:
ThierryHenry wrote:Arrived today. Amazing detail in this poster. Look forward to framing it, eventually.

Only shitty part was I had to pay 35 Euro to UPS when they delivered it. Son of a bitch!!
That means I paid $75 for print, over $30 for shipping and close to $50 for customs.
Seems I only get hit when UPS are involved.

USPS is the way to go.

Anyway, FANTASTIC Poster!
you had better lucky that me...i paid an extra 96€ :x
Are you shitting me?? That's insane. 96 Euro?? What the drymount for??

Do you usually get hit with these fees?? Bastards!
i never paid more that 30€ for customs fees...with ups i paid one time 80€ and now 96€... :?
"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a rooster like a burmese python, and the mind of a drymounting scientist."
Kenny Powers
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18438
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Sat May 22, 2010 2:54 am

Damn, customs is really that hard on you guys? That is absurd, and would want to make me quit buying prints......wow.
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
ThierryHenry
Art Expert
Posts: 1369
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:00 am

Sat May 22, 2010 9:04 am

gonzo303 wrote:Damn, customs is really that hard on you guys? That is absurd, and would want to make me quit buying prints......wow.

I got hit when buying the Pearl Jam 10 Lps box set. Cost me around €40.
Never got caught for customs on a poster until yesterday.

Reckon it has something to do with using UPS.
Never got charged with USPS.

If it was always like this I would definitley reconsider buying prints again. MOFO's.
Post Reply