please don't worry... 06 Danger

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
clem99
EB Team

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:48 am

sev wrote:i cant believe this is still available

daniel your a great artest thanks for the print :!:
got this today with a few other from dd
sweet cherry pie
thanks dd for the surprise
art is the only justification for pain :)
evillittlegoat
Art Expert

Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:43 pm

3rd edition being printed on black paper in time for Flatstock according to the mailing list. Lots of other great stuff heading for Seattle too, Mr Danger is on fire. Someone organise an Irish flatstock.
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:06 pm

Mine arrived last week
Amazing!
Thanks a lot Daniel!
someonesbrain
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:40 am

evillittlegoat wrote:3rd edition being printed on black paper in time for Flatstock according to the mailing list. Lots of other great stuff heading for Seattle too, Mr Danger is on fire. Someone organise an Irish flatstock.
:help: Anyone got a good pic of the 3rd edition (black paper)? How are the colors compared to the 1st and 2d edition?
yosi
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:51 am

someonesbrain wrote:
evillittlegoat wrote:3rd edition being printed on black paper in time for Flatstock according to the mailing list. Lots of other great stuff heading for Seattle too, Mr Danger is on fire. Someone organise an Irish flatstock.
:help: Anyone got a good pic of the 3rd edition (black paper)? How are the colors compared to the 1st and 2d edition?
I am curious about this too. If the colors are still good, I may just have to for this.
usamamasan1
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:28 pm

now avail @ site.
marbleyard
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:59 pm

yosi wrote:
someonesbrain wrote:
I am curious about this too. If the colors are still good, I may just have to for this.
I just ordered the 3rd and will post pics as soon as I get it. I'm psyched!
Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
phillefour
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:34 am

This one is amazing! Cant wait to see it on my wall!
marbleyard
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:21 pm

phillefour wrote:This one is amazing! Cant wait to see it on my wall!
Did you get the 3rd ed?

:offtopic: ---> I read earlier in the thread this print has a story. I don't have to know but many of my friends love to look at my art work around the house and a story adds to the intrest. I did see that it possibly was a sensitive issue so I don't want to pry.
Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.
Blackheart
Art Expert

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:50 pm

marbleyard wrote:
yosi wrote:
someonesbrain wrote:
I just ordered the 3rd and will post pics as soon as I get it. I'm psyched!
I have the 2nd right in front of me on my wall and i am really thinking about picking up the 3rd. It is my opinion that this is a largely under rated print.
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine..........the rest i wasted.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:51 pm

marbleyard wrote: :offtopic: ---> I read earlier in the thread this print has a story. I don't have to know but many of my friends love to look at my art work around the house and a story adds to the intrest. I did see that it possibly was a sensitive issue so I don't want to pry.
...not sensitve so much as personal importance. PM sent.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:54 pm

I don't know that it's underrated, I just think that the fact that DD has said he will keep printing it as long as there is demand keeps some of the collector fanatacism away from this print. I love it though and am glad everyone will have a chance to pick this one up if they want it.
phillefour
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:00 pm

marbleyard wrote:
Did you get the 3rd ed?
No, just ordered it today... Hope it will look amazing irl too
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:39 pm

my mindset with the 'unlimited' thing on this print is not necessarily to kill the collector aspect of the print, its to prevent non-collectors (who make up a dominant part of my audience, current and potential) from having to pay aftermarket prices for the image thats very important to me and many people just because they werent around day one of its release. the collectors can do what they will with earlier editions and the such, but the image is still available at any given time to people. obviously the reason being that alot of people can relate to and find comfort in the print the same way i do and i couldnt bear to deny anyone that relationship because they didnt have $100 to paypal ebay user EmekGiant69lol because i was sold out.

the story behind the print has never been a secret or anything, i just dont talk about it at length much, but im happy to explain the meanings behind my work. someone very important to me died in a car accident a few years back. i took it very badly. but for years leading up to the accident, she would often talk about how if anything happened to her, she would be ok because she would come back as a heron, her being a strong believer in reincarnation. it was just something she said and we all absorbed. it helped after the accident, almost as if she had prepared us all for what would happen. i made the prints for her family, whom i was close to, and a bulk of the first run went to them to distribute to friends and family. and peoples reaction to the piece helped me immensely personally. accordingly, many many many other people have found their own connection to the piece, and i knew this would continue, so i made it clear prior to the sale of the first edition that the image would continue to be available through seperate later editions. if anyone has an issue with this, they can deal.

on that note, my booth monkey chris claims the third edition is his favorite. ill get a photo up as soon as i get home. it does look considerably different than the first two, but in a good way. think of this as the night version of the earlier day versions.
clem99
EB Team

Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:58 am

thanks for sharing this story daniel, very moving
the beauty of posters sometimes it will allow you to reflect in different ways
i am close to a friend who has a child of very young age who was struck with a cancer , fortunately she appears to have fought the demon and is making progress back to normality
i mainly picked up at first on the subject more so than the poster
the posters to me shows a very positive place to visit
art is the only justification for pain :)