Pink Moon 10 McCarthy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:46 am

byc101 wrote:
ottoisblotto2 wrote:
byc101 wrote:
wizdom wrote:Official word from Dan is that these are definitely NOT stars. He leaves it open to our interpretation, though :wink:
Ash from a nuclear fallout.
pollen
Last night pedels from flowering trees filled the air. I thought of this print.
me too, had pedals and buds floating down from the trees alllll day yesterday
"Dont open my eyes, to nothin like truth, just leave it all lost in the wind, let it hide in the blindness of youth.
Facts of the matter, most likely will always remain, i guess ill be lost in the backyard, til i get home again"
- James McMurtry
barrettrhoades
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:12 am

Since the white speckles are radiating from the moon only down to earth, and not 360 degrees around it, maybe it signifies the positive affect the moon has on the earth. There is something soothing about looking at the moon, it has a certain drawl to it.. Or maybe it is the gravitational force :D
ImageImageImage
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:55 am

wizdom wrote:Official word from Dan is that these are definitely NOT stars. He leaves it open to our interpretation, though :wink:
Who said it first? :pint:
Thanks wizdom for asking.. and confirming my read of Dan's artistic language. 8)
Glad to see the art comment thread turning into an art comment thread. Pages of people posting how excited they are about the new quick sell out print was a bit depressing, especially when the art is not discussed at all. I guess it's probably because many don't take the time to stop and think about what has been done with a print.. or don't really get Dan's poetry or simply buy on a ''looks good, then buy it'' basis, ''bring next month''.. to each his own.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:00 pm

barrettrhoades wrote:Since the white speckles are radiating from the moon only down to earth, and not 360 degrees around it, maybe it signifies the positive affect the moon has on the earth. :D
Finally! Thank you for putting up a sensible, Mccarthyesque interpretation.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
byc101
Art Expert

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:01 pm

tranito wrote:
Who said it first? :pint:
Thanks wizdom for asking.. and confirming my read of Dan's artistic language. 8)
Glad to see the art comment thread turning into an art comment thread. Pages of people posting how excited they are about the new quick sell out print was a bit depressing, especially when the art is not discussed at all. I guess it's probably because many don't take the time to stop and think about what has been done with a print.. or don't really get Dan's poetry or simply buy on a ''looks good, then buy it'' basis, ''bring next month''.. to each his own.
Good call. At first I didn't look as closely at the the print as you, but upon further inspection and word from Dan...
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:06 pm

Thx. I love to take the time needed to understand an artist's intention and with Dan there's usually a lot to enjoy. Also, this place is all about the art right, so I'll do my part whenever I can so that it can stay that way.
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:15 pm

tranito wrote:Thx. I love to take the time needed to understand an artist's intention and with Dan there's usually a lot to enjoy. Also, this place is all about the art right, so I'll do my part whenever I can so that it can stay that way.
:clap:
"Dont open my eyes, to nothin like truth, just leave it all lost in the wind, let it hide in the blindness of youth.
Facts of the matter, most likely will always remain, i guess ill be lost in the backyard, til i get home again"
- James McMurtry
wneff
Art Expert

Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:42 pm

tranito wrote:Glad to see the art comment thread turning into an art comment thread.
:clap: Agreed. And I suspect the dialogue will intensify when folks start receiving the print...as is so often the case, there is probably a lot more to see in this print than that which can be discerned in the jpeg.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:58 am

The more I look at this thing the more I love it. The way the man is standing at the bottom is as if he is facing something directly in front of him. This, with the backlighting of the trees suggests to me something had an impact in the woods. The star-like objects are dust, debri, etc. that was kicked up with the impact. Just my take. I love the supernatural feel of this print. A cool new direction for Mr. DM.
Small town pizza lawyer
byc101
Art Expert

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:41 am

alteridiom wrote:The more I look at this thing the more I love it. The way the man is standing at the bottom is as if he is facing something directly in front of him. This, with the backlighting of the trees suggests to me something had an impact in the woods. The star-like objects are dust, debri, etc. that was kicked up with the impact. Just my take. I love the supernatural feel of this print. A cool new direction for Mr. DM.
I really don't get a supernatural feel from this, maybe extraterrestrial (meteorite) but not supernatural.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:49 am

byc101 wrote:
alteridiom wrote:The more I look at this thing the more I love it. The way the man is standing at the bottom is as if he is facing something directly in front of him. This, with the backlighting of the trees suggests to me something had an impact in the woods. The star-like objects are dust, debri, etc. that was kicked up with the impact. Just my take. I love the supernatural feel of this print. A cool new direction for Mr. DM.
I really don't get a supernatural feel from this, maybe extraterrestrial (meteorite) but not supernatural.
Oh, that's what I meant. Either way, just a different feel for Mr. DM.
Small town pizza lawyer
barrettrhoades
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:46 am

There definitely is some extraterrestrial feel to it. I noticed how the one tree in the middle is white. It could be illuminated by a meteorite crashing, or a ufo lighting up, or did someone say wood faires??
ImageImageImage
billthebassist
Art Expert

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:22 am

byc101 wrote:
I think of ET's spaceship coming for him at the end of the movie :P

btw, I love how Dan keeps trying new things. Cool color change.
aahndrio
Art Enthusiast

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:23 am

something in the air is making the moon rays visible.
mtarail
Art Expert

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:04 pm

The white area near the person at the bottom of the image stops at a certain height, which indicates some kind of explosion or fire. Something that is illuminating things from the ground level. Are meteorites actually on fire when they impact earth? Would impact somehow cause a fire? I don't know.

I did some bush league research, and it looks like there is no definitive answer to that question, although generally it appears that meteors aren't more than warm, if not cold, on impact.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/questi ... number=215