Wilco Durham 10 Get A Clue Design

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:51 am

This topic is dedicated to: Wilco Durham 10 Get A Clue Design

ldiddy
Art Expert

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:59 am

Interesting, not sure what I'm looking at but it's kinda cool.
rowdyroddy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:00 am

First Wright Brothers NC flight photo + maybe a kid putting on a golf outfit? Very North Carolina. Love the metallic paper and coloring, I haven't seen anything from Matt Pfahlert and Get A Clue (Hickory, NC) before but its nice to see we have some local NC artists/print studios....while I'm accustomed to metallic inks (Jones) this one blew my mind.

After being in Denver where EVERY show had a poster, it's nice to see a poster for such a historic run of shows. Don't miss "An Evening with Wilco" if they come to your town. Might be best show I've ever seen...such musicianship, entertainment. I feel like Wilco gives me everything I need, from folksy deep Dylanish lyrics to heavy crushing blues guitars (see Jack White)....no other band seems to take all genres, wrap them together and create something truly unique and cool. Seeing them in such a small new theater (2500) was very special. The triangle has needed DPAC for a while.....before and after the show we could bounce around, smoking js, hitting bars and pubs all around....if you fav band is playing DPAC, I'd suggest a road trip.....

Setlist

Set: Wilco (The Song), Bull Black Nova, You Are My Face, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, At Least That's What You Said, Deeper Down, Handshake Drugs, Side with the Seeds, She's a Jar, I'll Fight, Impossible Germany, Summerteeth, California Stars, Poor Place, Spiders (Kidsmoke)*, Forget the Flowers*, When the Roses Bloom Again*, War on War*, When You Wake Up Feeling Old*, Laminated Cat*, Passenger Side*, Airline to Heaven, A Shot in the Arm, Hate It Here, Heavy Metal Drummer, You Never Know, Jesus, Etc., Walken, I'm the Man Who Loves You, Thank You, Friends^, Via Chicago, Hoodoo Voodoo, I'm a Wheel
jvphish
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 am

rowdyroddy wrote:First Wright Brothers NC flight photo + maybe a kid putting on a golf outfit? Very North Carolina. Love the metallic paper and coloring, I haven't seen anything from Matt Pfahlert and Get A Clue (Hickory, NC) before but its nice to see we have some local NC artists/print studios....while I'm accustomed to metallic inks (Jones) this one blew my mind.

After being in Denver where EVERY show had a poster, it's nice to see a poster for such a historic run of shows. Don't miss "An Evening with Wilco" if they come to your town. Might be best show I've ever seen...such musicianship, entertainment. I feel like Wilco gives me everything I need, from folksy deep Dylanish lyrics to heavy crushing blues guitars (see Jack White)....no other band seems to take all genres, wrap them together and create something truly unique and cool. Seeing them in such a small new theater (2500) was very special. The triangle has needed DPAC for a while.....before and after the show we could bounce around, smoking js, hitting bars and pubs all around....if you fav band is playing DPAC, I'd suggest a road trip.....

Setlist

Set: Wilco (The Song), Bull Black Nova, You Are My Face, I Am Trying to Break Your Heart, At Least That's What You Said, Deeper Down, Handshake Drugs, Side with the Seeds, She's a Jar, I'll Fight, Impossible Germany, Summerteeth, California Stars, Poor Place, Spiders (Kidsmoke)*, Forget the Flowers*, When the Roses Bloom Again*, War on War*, When You Wake Up Feeling Old*, Laminated Cat*, Passenger Side*, Airline to Heaven, A Shot in the Arm, Hate It Here, Heavy Metal Drummer, You Never Know, Jesus, Etc., Walken, I'm the Man Who Loves You, Thank You, Friends^, Via Chicago, Hoodoo Voodoo, I'm a Wheel
Completely agree.

GREAT show. GREAT venue.

Horrible crowd though.

I picked up this poster...I like it...no idea where I will put it though!
jvphish
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:37 pm

I believe this print has a run of 175, not 115, as listed here.
rowdyroddy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:39 pm

jvphish wrote:I believe this print has a run of 175, not 115, as listed here.
You are right.....as I look closer its a 7, not a 1 (barely)
jvphish
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:21 am

How do we go about changing that?
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:28 am

This just popped up in one of the random art things I follow. Illustration by E.H. Shepard.

Also noticed there are a couple of these left in Wilco's store if anyone is looking: http://wilco.kungfustore.com/the-little ... il316.html
EH-Shepard.jpg