Tool Gorge 06 Hampton

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:57 am

"Thanks for the order and payment! With your help the Tool poster has become my most successful print to date, it literally sold out in mere minutes! Wow.

Your order will be processed and shipped out to you shortly.

Take it cool, talk to you soon."

-Justin
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:00 pm

Ouch. Get ready for a lot of disappointed people.

"Your recent order of my Tool poster is unfortunately a casualty of the poster being over sold. I wasn't prepared for the massive flood of orders that all came pouring in at once, it was the fastest selling poster I've ever had. It's taken a week to make sense out of all of the orders and now that I'm going through all of the invoices to be shipped it's obvious that some folks have to cut from the ranks."

I just wonder how he decided which orders to cut since I got mine in pretty early on. If he actually did it by order time there's going to be a lot of disappointed people. If not, there's going to be a lot of people upset they were left out when people who ordered after them weren't.

EDIT: There was more to the email including a refund offer and alternative for a non-numbered poster. There was a mistake and it seems like he's trying his best to make up for it.
davidmerrick
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:12 pm

i got the same email and thought i got in pretty quick my self. I pretty much got in directly after the web site problems, well before it said sold out
mono_666
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:18 pm

thats strange... i never got an email, and i thought i was late
maybe ill get the email later

i hope not
mono_666
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:20 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:Ouch. Get ready for a lot of disappointed people.

"Your recent order of my Tool poster is unfortunately a casualty of the poster being over sold. I wasn't prepared for the massive flood of orders that all came pouring in at once, it was the fastest selling poster I've ever had. It's taken a week to make sense out of all of the orders and now that I'm going through all of the invoices to be shipped it's obvious that some folks have to cut from the ranks."

I just wonder how he decided which orders to cut since I got mine in pretty early on. If he actually did it by order time there's going to be a lot of disappointed people. If not, there's going to be a lot of people upset they were left out when people who ordered after them weren't.

EDIT: There was more to the email including a refund offer and alternative for a non-numbered poster. There was a mistake and it seems like he's trying his best to make up for it.
maybe its because its on your trade list and you dont have it yet
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:21 pm

I had my order in even before the website was fixed.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:26 pm

mono_666 wrote: maybe its because its on your trade list and you dont have it yet
possibly but unlikely since I have to use my girlfriend's paypal account which I don't think is connected to EB in any way (username, email etc.). I'm not upset for myself since I only wanted one for trade material but other people might have been wanting it for their permanent collection.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:26 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:I had my order in even before the website was fixed.
me too...and I got a great e-mail back from Justin
"...If only everyone else was as smart as you! Nicely done, seriously. Everyone else was in a panic flooding my inbox with confusion and you just took the initiative!"
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:32 pm

Also, the listing for this poster should probably be updated to indicate that there will be a signed, non-numbered edition of the poster out there since I bet some will show up on ebay without full disclosure.
Flimby

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:35 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:Also, the listing for this poster should probably be updated to indicate that there will be a signed, non-numbered edition of the poster out there since I bet some will show up on ebay without full disclosure.
details? I don't see anything on his site. I see that he oversold from the prior post, but what's up with the non-numbered prints?
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:38 pm

sorry, guess i should have just posted the whole email. here's the rest of it...

"That's the bad news, the good news is that I have enough extra over prints of the poster to fill the orders but they are signed only, not numbered and not part of the main edition. It's the same exact poster from the same run, just signed only. Please let me know if you'd like to recieve this print for the same price already paid or get a refund. My apologies for this and thanks for your understanding."
mono_666
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:38 pm

electrachrome wrote:
"...If only everyone else was as smart as you! Nicely done, seriously. Everyone else was in a panic flooding my inbox with confusion and you just took the initiative!"
i had emailed him when the site went down and he got back to me to say it was back up, of course i didnt see the email till after i had ordered the poster... next time ill be smart and just paypal him too (i am assuming thats what you did)
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:39 pm

mono_666 wrote:
electrachrome wrote:
i had emailed him when the site went down and he got back to me to say it was back up, of course i didnt see the email till after i had ordered the poster... next time ill be smart and just paypal him too (i am assuming thats what you did)
:mrgreen:
phanatic420
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:10 pm

electrachrome wrote:
i thought about doing this but wasn't sure of the price!
fisher71
Art Enthusiast

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:29 pm

just framed this. really cool print, wish i could have gotten the s/e.