White Stripes Emerald City 10 Jones

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Post Reply
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:05 am

goddamn...
got my vote... think this is the most impressive Jones piece I have seen (although I'd love to be shown otherwise)
User avatar
trickster
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 112
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 pm
Location: Greece

Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:11 am

kevron62007 wrote:
ochfish wrote:Image

Can the mods please add test print edition to the database.
I am gonna ask ochfish to post a better pic as soon as he receives the tube, if he has not subscribed to the topic
pjtaper wrote:goddamn...
got my vote... think this is the most impressive Jones piece I have seen (although I'd love to be shown otherwise)
I voted too
I will be surprised if this is not gonna win a weekly award
User avatar
Craig_of_J
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Canada

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:06 pm

This is definitely a great piece - does anyone happen to know if all of the copies were sold by Rob and TMR? (i.e. does anyone think there are any left for sale at a later time?).
automator
Nobody
Posts: 129898
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:33 pm

New image White Stripes Emerald City 10 Jones
Test Print Edition

Image
kevkevkev
Art Expert
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:10 am

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:34 pm

that test print makes me feel ill. :oops:
User avatar
kevron62007
Art Expert
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:45 pm

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Craig_of_J wrote:This is definitely a great piece - does anyone happen to know if all of the copies were sold by Rob and TMR? (i.e. does anyone think there are any left for sale at a later time?).

TMR sold out but Rob still had copies at FS when I was there Friday. My guess is that there are still copies of them, but all of that is pure speculation and I have no idea how many sold the rest if the day Friday or Saturday.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 129898
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:01 pm

New image White Stripes Emerald City 10 Jones
Blackline Edition

Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 129898
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:01 pm

New image White Stripes Emerald City 10 Jones
Blackline Edition

Image
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7137
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:09 pm

the generous EB'er that snagged one for me on Saturday said it was the last one besides the display print...
User avatar
Craig_of_J
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Canada

Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:37 pm

chalkdust wrote:the generous EB'er that snagged one for me on Saturday said it was the last one besides the display print...
Thanks for the info - that's sort of what I expected I guess... Thanks also Kev for your info - and congrats on snagging those pieces, they are great!
User avatar
kevron62007
Art Expert
Posts: 2812
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:45 pm

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:39 pm

Craig_of_J wrote:
chalkdust wrote:the generous EB'er that snagged one for me on Saturday said it was the last one besides the display print...
Thanks for the info - that's sort of what I expected I guess... Thanks also Kev for your info - and congrats on snagging those pieces, they are great!


Sorry Craig if I would of known I would of definitely snagged you one.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 129898
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:48 am

New image White Stripes Emerald City 10 Jones


Image
automator
Nobody
Posts: 129898
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:48 am

New image White Stripes Emerald City 10 Jones


Image
toddmmarcus
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:16 pm

sure the blackline is simple, and there is a calm to it, but i wouldn't ever want that up on my wall when you could have the completed print. the white is totally essential to this genius and beautiful piece of art.
User avatar
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert
Posts: 4986
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:29 pm

toddmmarcus wrote:sure the blackline is simple, and there is a calm to it, but i wouldn't ever want that up on my wall when you could have the completed print. the white is totally essential to this genius and beautiful piece of art.
Agreed. I don't see the appeal of the blackline except to say "oooh, there aren't many of these." The snow is incredible on this.
Post Reply