Allman Brothers Band NYC 10 Wood

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:33 pm

The ink is so thick on this one that it appears sticky when you see it in person... but it isn't of course. It's really 3-dimensional.
JW does some really sick printing... and he's a great guy as well.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:11 pm

caved in and bought one of the remarqued ones on DCS. Been looking forward to seeing one of Jeff's newer posters with these thick ass inks..

this thing looks like a freaking painting in some of those pics. :drool:
gonzo303
Art Freak

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:14 pm

chalkdust wrote:caved in and bought one of the remarqued ones on DCS. Been looking forward to seeing one of Jeff's newer posters with these thick ass inks..

this thing looks like a freaking painting in some of those pics. :drool:
Damn you, I have been holding off. I passed on the WSP prints today, but couldn't pass on this!
Same fudge, different drop.
coleslaw
Art Expert

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Yeah I only picked up 2 of the 3 I really wanted, the 3rd being this one, hard to pass up, but 2 was my limit I set for myself today...congrats to those who scored, sick sick griffin lookin' typography though for certain on this one... :drool:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:42 pm

gonzo303 wrote: Damn you, I have been holding off. I passed on the WSP prints today, but couldn't pass on this!
weallen
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:27 pm

On the DCS store this was listed as part of the merch edition of 575. The posters that were sold at the shows and on Hittin' The Note were signed and numbered. In August, there were 25 posters sold through HTN (#26-50/50) as part of an Artist Edition of 50, that were marked as "A/E", signed and remarqued/doodled. So - is this actually the remaining 25 Artist Edition copies (#1-25/50) or will these be a group of the merch edition that will be different from the rest of the merch edition by being remarqed/doodled in addition to being signed and numbered?
http://www.billallenphotos.com Live Concert Photography and More...
coleslaw
Art Expert

Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:56 pm

pm jeffwood if anyone knows I'm sure he does...d
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
coleslaw
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:14 pm

^The ones on the site DCS site for $75 are from the run of 575, but they are remarqued/doodled too if that helps yah any^

NOT APs

Thick inked poster, can't wait to see it in person :shock:
weallen
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:52 pm

coleslaw wrote:^The ones on the site DCS site for $75 are from the run of 575, but they are remarqued/doodled too if that helps yah any^

NOT APs

Interesting. So now it appears that there are two different groups of posters from the show run of 575 - one group WITHOUT the remarque/doodle and one group WITH the remarque/doodle. Should make the folks who bought the 25 remarqued/doodled Artist Edition posters from Hittin' The Note for $50 feel pretty good. Wonder what happened to the other 25 Artist Edition prints that haven't been seen anywhere so far - #1 - 25.
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:18 pm

weallen wrote:
coleslaw wrote:^The ones on the site DCS site for $75 are from the run of 575, but they are remarqued/doodled too if that helps yah any^

NOT APs

Interesting. So now it appears that there are two different groups of posters from the show run of 575 - one group WITHOUT the remarque/doodle and one group WITH the remarque/doodle. Should make the folks who bought the 25 remarqued/doodled Artist Edition posters from Hittin' The Note for $50 feel pretty good. Wonder what happened to the other 25 Artist Edition prints that haven't been seen anywhere so far - #1 - 25.
i saw an A/E in the 40's on ebay a few weeks ago
weallen
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:42 pm

jamesgunter wrote:i saw an A/E in the 40's on ebay a few weeks ago
Yes, that would be one of the 25 doodled Artist Editions that were sold on Hittin' The Note, #s 26-50. Just strikes me as odd that Jeff would put up remarqued/doodled posters from the show edition and bump the price from $30 to $75 for the addition of a doodle instead of putting up the other 25 from the Artist Edition (#'s 1-25) that, so far, haven't shown up for sale anywhere. The doodled Artist Editions that sold on HTN went for $50.
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:20 pm

weallen wrote:
jamesgunter wrote:i saw an A/E in the 40's on ebay a few weeks ago
Yes, that would be one of the 25 doodled Artist Editions that were sold on Hittin' The Note, #s 26-50. Just strikes me as odd that Jeff would put up remarqued/doodled posters from the show edition and bump the price from $30 to $75 for the addition of a doodle instead of putting up the other 25 from the Artist Edition (#'s 1-25) that, so far, haven't shown up for sale anywhere. The doodled Artist Editions that sold on HTN went for $50.
Those may be the ones he sent to the band
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:24 pm

affirmative
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
weallen
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:36 pm

jamesgunter wrote:Those may be the ones he sent to the band
May be. But, not to beat a dead horse, how does adding a doodle to a $30 show edition of 575 posters make it a $75 poster if adding both a doodle AND an Artist Edition of 50 designation only makes a $50 poster?
jamesgunter
Art Expert

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:43 pm

it doesnt... there is no rhyme or reason to it... each vendor can sell them for whatever they want.