Terminator II 10 Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:04 am

allbloody wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Naw he should incessantly hound them as if it's someone he bought a poster from, and they haven't shipped it 24 hours later.

drymount off blue, it was two days.
Yeah because that makes it better :hanging:

Has the guy already started asking you where his poster is? Hope he files a claim on ya
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Rabba
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:44 am

Ahhh, thought that jump was excessive. At least that clarifies it lol
Corsair
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Not my auction, but one of these is on the 'Bay right now. It's from the UK, but it might be your last chance to grab this in a while. Six days left as of this post.

eBay
Now watch what you say, or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable.
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:33 am

Don't get me wrong, I love Taylor's work. I just don't see why this is a $1000 print yet something like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is valued much lower. I feel it's a much better print. What's the draw on this print for those that have seen it in person?
THC x 3
tankpig
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:37 am

jcbudny wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love Taylor's work. I just don't see why this is a $1000 print yet something like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is valued much lower. I feel it's a much better print. What's the draw on this print for those that have seen it in person?
I'd say due to it being such a classic movie also
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:52 am

jcbudny wrote:Don't get me wrong, I love Taylor's work. I just don't see why this is a $1000 print yet something like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is valued much lower. I feel it's a much better print. What's the draw on this print for those that have seen it in person?
Looks like we got ourselves a reader.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:58 am

I think the fact it is two years older and has 1/3 of the run size of 20k has a lot to do with the discrepancy in value. There isn't ever going to be a drop off in demand for this print and to me, it is a seminal piece in Taylor's progression as an artist. I think that 20k represents a similar benchmark in his career two years on from T2 print so in that way, I would agree that it is a better print since it shows clear artistic development.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
mattkardish
Art Expert

Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:29 am

Codeblue wrote: P.S. It's you're
gotta love stumbling upon old great quotes...healthy banter.

this print is real badass tho
SPAC04
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:27 pm

i concur with your statement, the draw for me is this is I a dope piece of an iconic image from the beginning of the film, the Terminator that steps on the skull, (AS WELL A THE SIZE OF THE RUN). I agree that some Arnold vs Liquidnator likeness would have been cool, some box of roses shot gun stuff, plenty of amazing scenes in that film. I often wonder why Taylor's aftermarket is lower than Tyler and Aaron as I feel he is on the same level. I'm not about to complain really, but i feel a lot of his pieces should be worth at least half as much as this/Alien II/Halloween.

point being:Taylor is a tremendous cinema artist.
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:09 pm

I'll say this for KT T2, lots of prints have metallics but very few use them this well. It's a stunner in person, IMO.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:23 pm

SPAC04 wrote:
i concur with your statement, the draw for me is this is I a dope piece of an iconic image from the beginning of the film, the Terminator that steps on the skull, (AS WELL A THE SIZE OF THE RUN). I agree that some Arnold vs Liquidnator likeness would have been cool, some box of roses shot gun stuff, plenty of amazing scenes in that film. I often wonder why Taylor's aftermarket is lower than Tyler and Aaron as I feel he is on the same level. I'm not about to complain really, but i feel a lot of his pieces should be worth at least half as much as this/Alien II/Halloween.

point being:Taylor is a tremendous cinema artist.
Couldn't agree more. The fact that something like 20,000 Leagues (although it's going up gradually), Gremlins and Drive aren't going for much higher prices confuses me. Terminator 2 is nice, but, would I hang it? Probably not. It's just not as good as Alien II or Halloween to be honest.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:59 pm

His Halloween is my favorite. It's a tie between his and Edmiston's, but I would never hang the latter.
And I like his Fury Road, a lot.
With this terminator, ehhh...
Rabba
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:22 pm

Showing this print some love, still my favorite print in the collection. The metallics look unreal in hand...

Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:05 pm

One of Ken's best.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:07 pm

Kramerica wrote:Ken's best.
ftfy :pint: