Terminator II 10 Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Terminator, Iron Man and Robocop all make sense as metal prints. And that one looks terrific.
automator
Nobody

Sun May 12, 2013 6:49 am

New image Terminator II 10 Taylor - Metail

thisisjosh
Art Expert

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:07 am

DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:53 am

I'd like to see this in person one day. Looks quite nice, but I don't love it.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Loobaz
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:08 am

I think it would exceed your expectations in person, for sure. The metallics are awesome and the design is classic, not to mention it's a pretty good movie, too.

IMO, this is Ken's best, and one of Mondo's very best.
Rabba
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:09 am

Excellent print, in hand it looks stunning!
automator
Nobody

Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:27 am

New image Terminator II 10 Taylor

kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:42 am

DonPiano wrote:I'd like to see this in person one day.
Me too, it's one of my top ISOs.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 am

Loobaz wrote:I think it would exceed your expectations in person, for sure. The metallics are awesome and the design is classic, not to mention it's a pretty good movie, too.

It's a great great film for sure, and from the pictures I've seen the metallics are off the wall - as most of Ken's metallics are. There's just something about the design which doesn't make me feel like I want to say 'I need this' like his Alien II print does or his Halloween. The moon maybe? The colour of the smoke? I'm not sure. Maybe it's because I think the only real way to own this would be by having the metal version. I mean, this print is what metal prints were designed for really.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:04 am

DonPiano wrote:Maybe it's because I think the only real way to own this would be by having the metal version. I mean, this print is what metal prints were designed for really.
Can't argue with that. But I definitely wouldn't complain at all if I owned the paper version.

Anybody want to help me out with that? :P
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:06 am

DonPiano wrote:
Loobaz wrote:I think it would exceed your expectations in person, for sure. The metallics are awesome and the design is classic, not to mention it's a pretty good movie, too.

It's a great great film for sure, and from the pictures I've seen the metallics are off the wall - as most of Ken's metallics are. There's just something about the design which doesn't make me feel like I want to say 'I need this' like his Alien II print does or his Halloween. The moon maybe? The colour of the smoke? I'm not sure. Maybe it's because I think the only real way to own this would be by having the metal version. I mean, this print is what metal prints were designed for really.
as a former owner of the paper version, and current owner of the metal, both are amazing in thier own right..if you ever have the chance to acquire either..do it!
Buckhammer
Art Expert

Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Am I one of the only ones who doesn't see the big deal with this print? Its a T-800 with a smoking gun. Not trying to be a dick or anything, but what about this makes it so great? Colors are a bit loud as well. Simple and to the point yes, but still.
RobJones wrote:Billy, how Everest was I last night?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:31 pm

Buckhammer wrote:Am I one of the only ones who doesn't see the big deal with this print? Its a T-800 with a smoking gun. Not trying to be a dick or anything, but what about this makes it so great? Colors are a bit loud as well. Simple and to the point yes, but still.
Depends on your taste I suppose. I think Ken's work with the layering of colors and use of metallic ink is incredible. The illustration of the T-800 has some amazing line work going on, especially where the red smoke is reflecting in the metal surface of the robot...I mean the detail is just amazing. The blue and silver metallic inks are the exclamation point. I take it you are probably wanting something with lots of floating heads on it?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
matowest
Art Expert

Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Buckhammer wrote:Am I one of the only ones who doesn't see the big deal with this print? Its a T-800 with a smoking gun. Not trying to be a dick or anything, but what about this makes it so great? Colors are a bit loud as well. Simple and to the point yes, but still.
Depends on your taste I suppose. I think Ken's work with the layering of colors and use of metallic ink is incredible. The illustration of the T-800 has some amazing line work going on, especially where the red smoke is reflecting in the metal surface of the robot...I mean the detail is just amazing. The blue and silver metallic inks are the exclamation point. I take it you are probably wanting something with lots of floating heads on it?
The metallics are absolutely nothing to shake off. They're remarkably vibrant and extraordinarily well done. I always loved the look of it in jpegs, but when I saw it in person, my jaw hit the floor. It's a "wow" piece, for sure.
captainhavoc
Art Expert

Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:41 pm

matowest wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
The metallics are absolutely nothing to shake off. They're remarkably vibrant and extraordinarily well done. I always loved the look of it in jpegs, but when I saw it in person, my jaw hit the floor. It's a "wow" piece, for sure.
It's a testament to how great an artist Taylor is that the paper looks as good as it does. I can only assume the metal is jawdroppingly gorgeous.
Ayes wrote:Maybe all these dates who've been turning you down see you in your yard hurling cat food and blowing weed smoke at your neighbor's pets.