Sonic Breeze 10 Mr Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:16 pm

New image Sonic Breeze 10 Mr Brainwash
Postcard

ottomatik71
Art Expert

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:42 pm

jojobadass wrote:I just let out a sonic breeze
You crack me up!!

As for the "other" issue, why are you back-talkin' a mod. Once the "artist" title is known, it can be changed.
It's about that time:
automator
Nobody

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:41 am

maden
Art Expert

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:49 am

entropy wrote:I have mixed feelings about a random collector arbitrarily naming artwork being submitted to EB. Don't you think it maybe compromises the integrity of the Expresso Beans art database?

I'm thinking of adding the Damien Hirst artwork below to the database. I'm thinking of naming it "Shark bowl". Because I am skeptical that it's really titled "The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living".
The difference here being that the title of the Hirst piece is well know, while no one (at least no one posting) knows the title of the MBW piece. I am sure if/when it is known, it will be changed. I guess taking that into consideration ruins your argument though. :roll:
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

jellybeans187
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:40 am

I prefer made up titles when one hasn't been given by the artist ... lends to quick and easy reference. Otherwise how am I supposed to have a conversation about it outside of the comment thread? "you know ... that one mbw, with people, in chairs, and speakers...?" :hanging:
entropy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:58 am

maden wrote:
entropy wrote:I have mixed feelings about a random collector arbitrarily naming artwork being submitted to EB. Don't you think it maybe compromises the integrity of the Expresso Beans art database?

I'm thinking of adding the Damien Hirst artwork below to the database. I'm thinking of naming it "Shark bowl". Because I am skeptical that it's really titled "The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living".
The difference here being that the title of the Hirst piece is well know, while no one (at least no one posting) knows the title of the MBW piece. I am sure if/when it is known, it will be changed. I guess taking that into consideration ruins your argument though. :roll:
I'm in the minority here, I guess. my mistake. no big deal, really. seems like everyone's content with the "placeholder", makeshift titles. I just felt it was the responsibility of the person submitting the artwork to do some research on the piece first. but I'm slowly beginning to learn how EB works. I'm not entirely new... but still a lot to learn. (like take the art database a little less seriously)
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:46 am

Title suggestion: "Is it Original or is it Memorex"
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:02 am

how about id the "add art" page would just offer the chance to chose "name not known" as an option and would just generate something like "untitled #xx" or "yet to be determined #xx"?
silver
Art Expert

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 am

Edward Hopper is one of my favorite artists.

"people in the sun"

automator
Nobody

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:08 am

People in the Sun by Edward Hopper - 1960 - oil on canvas

KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:03 pm

silver wrote:Edward Hopper is one of my favorite artists.

"people in the sun"

Thanks for posting this silver. I had no idea what the MBW piece was based on. I am familiar with some of Edward Hopper's work but had never seen this one. If I would have known the name of the Edward Hopper painting, I would have called this one, People In The Sound, which people might not have liked either. :) :P

And for those of you who are losing sleep over the integrity of the EB art database, fret no more, there is a magical place called EB entry corrections Land, http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... =8&t=19848 , where with the wave of a magic wand a piece of art's title or detail can easily be changed. Bookmark it, it comes in very handy. The database is changing and evolving all the time to become even better than before.

Here are some more titles you can worry about while you are at it:

ImageImageImageImage

If anyone is lucky enough or unlucky enough to go to the ICONS Show, depending on your view of Mr. Brainwash's art, please take note of the title of any of these pieces and let me know what they are. I'll change them in a hurry.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:55 pm

You know you are a mod right? ;)
Don't be a jerk it's Christmas......oh yeah drymount Mondo