Sonic Breeze 10 Mr Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:18 am

This topic is dedicated to: Sonic Breeze 10 Mr Brainwash

oxygen
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:19 am

Good title.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:16 pm

oxygen wrote:Good title.
Who knows what the real title is? I am having fun naming some of his pieces though. :D Anyone see the real title of this at the show?
Catarax
Art Expert

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:28 am

What a Gentle Distortion..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 am

Why would you make titles up? Just put unknown.
Don't be a jerk it's Christmas......oh yeah drymount Mondo
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:52 pm

Kdh12 wrote:Why would you make titles up? Just put unknown.
Because then there would be a ton of unknown prints, plus on the "Add Art" page it says:

Optional: if you would like to suggest a title name for this print then enter it here. The goal here is to create the shortest possible unique descriptive name. Please try to follow these guidelines where applicable. Normal short format is "Bandname City YY" where YY is the 2-digit year. If you need to be more specific, please use the smallest number of extras possible. Extras can be added similarly to "Bandname1 Bandname2 Venue City Month YY Artist" In cases where there is no Bandname, Artist may come first, or the piece's title "Artist Title YY" or "Title Artist YY" Please avoid punctuation and small words like "THE" where possible.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:12 pm

I don't see in there where it says to make a random name up.

I don't see anything wrong with listing it as unknown.

Seems more silly to create a random name then saying unknown. Especially sine the title is not known.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Kdh12 wrote:I don't see in there where it says to make a random name up.
On the "Add Art" page it says:

Optional: if you would like to suggest a title name for this print then enter it here. The goal here is to create the shortest possible unique descriptive name. Please try to follow these guidelines where applicable. Normal short format is "Bandname City YY" where YY is the 2-digit year. If you need to be more specific, please use the smallest number of extras possible. Extras can be added similarly to "Bandname1 Bandname2 Venue City Month YY Artist" In cases where there is no Bandname, Artist may come first, or the piece's title "Artist Title YY" or "Title Artist YY" Please avoid punctuation and small words like "THE" where possible.
alwaysalx
Art Expert

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:18 pm

touche :clap:
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Okay I read it the first time you posted it.

My point is that names don't need to be invented by anyone else other then the artist. Just one persons opinion.

But hey what do I care, have fun with it
oxygen
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:22 am

plus, it's a good title.
entropy
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:35 am

I have mixed feelings about a random collector arbitrarily naming artwork being submitted to EB. Don't you think it maybe compromises the integrity of the Expresso Beans art database?

I'm thinking of adding the Damien Hirst artwork below to the database. I'm thinking of naming it "Shark bowl". Because I am skeptical that it's really titled "The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living".

Kdh12
Art Freak

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:08 am

I am going to start "suggesting" titles for all artwork I submit :wink:
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:30 pm

entropy wrote:I have mixed feelings about a random collector arbitrarily naming artwork being submitted to EB. Don't you think it maybe compromises the integrity of the Expresso Beans art database?

I'm thinking of adding the Damien Hirst artwork below to the database. I'm thinking of naming it "Shark bowl". Because I am skeptical that it's really titled "The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living".

I like Shark Bowl much better.
jojobadass
Art Freak

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:32 pm

I just let out a sonic breeze
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

and for everything else under the sun; including fine art, art prints, toys and other junk....be sure to check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosfineart.com