Di Faced Money 04 Banksy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
dasher12
Art Expert
Posts: 1852
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: The pacific

Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:09 am

Would love one of these! But after hearing that story hesitant to buy on ebay..although the listing up with the Paris Hilton cd right now says he has a receipt from POW for the Di and the HIlton cd so maybe its legit. Lot's a cash to risk it though.
Image
pauldocker
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:16 am

Sat May 14, 2011 6:03 am

dasher12 wrote:Would love one of these! But after hearing that story hesitant to buy on ebay..although the listing up with the Paris Hilton cd right now says he has a receipt from POW for the Di and the HIlton cd so maybe its legit. Lot's a cash to risk it though.
I'm not aware that POW ever sold any Paris CDs.
You can check authenticity of the cd by the code in the silver disk. You'll find the code online with a quick search.
There were bootleg versions subsequently produced and sold through some indie record shops in the UK. Clearly copies but ok. They were about £10 each when I bought mine....but then again so was the real one I found in HMV Covent Garden!
User avatar
hirschy75
Art Expert
Posts: 3118
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:32 am

Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:50 am

why are there 4 editions of this?
reminder: ink on paper
User avatar
mattlew69
Art Expert
Posts: 8674
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Midwest

Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:00 pm

pauldocker wrote:....but then again so was the real one I found in HMV Covent Garden!
THATS AWESOME! YOU ARE ONE LUCKY DUCK!
Image
User avatar
EG8
Art Expert
Posts: 1372
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:24 pm
Contact:

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Interesting one bill came up on Pawn Stars tonight and the art dealer they always refer to valued one at 300! $ - 500 $! Seems a little steep, they purchased at $400. :o
Image Image Image
ThePrestige
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 502
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:23 am

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:03 pm

EG8 wrote:Interesting one bill came up on Pawn Stars tonight and the art dealer they always refer to valued one at 300! $ - 500 $! Seems a little steep, they purchased at $400. :o
I was wondering if anyone else here was watching that episode. I was just flipping through channels and stumbled upon it, of course I had to watch it.
User avatar
joshua
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:30 pm

$400 is too high for them to purchase and then resell for more.
id love to have one, but im too scared to end up with a fake one, but id say its worth around $200 if real.
ImageImage
ISO...
User avatar
cerebus
Art Expert
Posts: 2973
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:57 pm

joshua wrote:$400 is too high for them to purchase and then resell for more.
id love to have one, but im too scared to end up with a fake one, but id say its worth around $200 if real.
Yeah, Chumlee screwed up.
Image
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18448
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:48 am

ThePrestige wrote:
EG8 wrote:Interesting one bill came up on Pawn Stars tonight and the art dealer they always refer to valued one at 300! $ - 500 $! Seems a little steep, they purchased at $400. :o
I was wondering if anyone else here was watching that episode. I was just flipping through channels and stumbled upon it, of course I had to watch it.
I caught it too.

Way to go Chumlee. :hanging:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
hellosir
Art Freak
Posts: 11189
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:05 am

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:01 am

I'd say you could get more than $400 for a legit one
User avatar
DickButt
Art Expert
Posts: 6968
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:43 am

joshua wrote: id love to have one, but im too scared to end up with a fake one
User avatar
maddoghoek100
Art Expert
Posts: 2897
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:03 am
Location: NYC

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:14 am

im sure at full gallery retail framed they could make a few bucks, but not a big money maker. ok, who is in vegas and is going to call or swing by to see what the asking price is.
User avatar
ErocAfellar
Art Expert
Posts: 4515
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:41 am

i believe that clip was supposed to air last season...at least my TV Guide last season mentioned a Banksy that they never aired.
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
User avatar
HappaHaoli
Art Expert
Posts: 5533
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:01 am
Location: a place without a postcard

Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:16 am

joshua wrote:$400 is too high for them to purchase and then resell for more.
id love to have one, but im too scared to end up with a fake one, but id say its worth around $200 if real.
I'm thinking Rick also paid more than he should have for this trophy... Gold & Silver meet Gold & Digger
pawn-stars-wedding3.jpg
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
User avatar
summoner
Art Freak
Posts: 11179
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 am

Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:18 am

I have the DVR set to record all new Pawn Stars episodes, and I usually only watch a select few based on the description, so luckily this one recorded last night. May have to go in and at least check out this part.
Image Image Image
Post Reply