Last Kiss 10 Keyes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
JoshKeyes
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:08 am

alteridiom wrote:
chalkdust wrote:that whale humped himself to death.
<---No he's still going.

Any speculation as to what their offspring might look like? :wink:
ceevee
Art Expert

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:21 am

JoshKeyes wrote:
Perhaps that is the third installment? After the bear digs a hole to allow her former lover to breathe again...
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:13 pm

ceevee wrote:
JoshKeyes wrote:
Perhaps that is the third installment? After the bear digs a hole to allow her former lover to breathe again...
How do you know the bear's a she? ;)

Love Last Kiss, beautiful work as usual Josh! I've a slim chance in Hades of getting one but I'll be tryin'!! :clap:
ceevee
Art Expert

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:20 pm

kj1nyr wrote:
How do you know the bear's a she? ;)
I'd thought about that. Just going from the positions on Dry Spell...
...look who is the mounter and who is the mountee. But you're right. One can't assume...
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:48 pm

yep, they could be gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:51 pm

kj1nyr wrote: Love Last Kiss, beautiful work as usual Josh! I've a slim chance in Hades of getting one but I'll be tryin'!! :clap:
Be optimistic! With a run of 250, you have a shot!
srdzevon
Art Expert

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:52 pm

jazzgalaxy wrote:
kj1nyr wrote: Love Last Kiss, beautiful work as usual Josh! I've a slim chance in Hades of getting one but I'll be tryin'!! :clap:
I hope you're right.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:55 pm

jazzgalaxy wrote:
Hope you're right. I've got 3 small Keyes works so far, with Totem II being the largest. I'd love to have an 18X24.
AKBAPE
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:04 pm

kj1nyr wrote:
jazzgalaxy wrote:
Hope you're right. I've got 3 small Keyes works so far, with Totem II being the largest. I'd love to have an 18X24.
I think if you don't get it it won't be going for much more on the secondary market anyway. I expect after ebay fees shipping etc. flippers will barely get their money back considering it will be $220 with shipping.
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:42 pm

AKBAPE wrote:
kj1nyr wrote:
jazzgalaxy wrote:
I think if you don't get it it won't be going for much more on the secondary market anyway. I expect after ebay fees shipping etc. flippers will barely get their money back considering it will be $220 with shipping.
Agreed. I'm debating whether I'm going to buy it or wait for a failip. I have 2 of his small editions (xx/25) that sold for $250 at face and $200 just seems like a lot for a run of 250. Can't decide if I'm being a baby of not. I mean, maybe it's just that JK is moving up in the world and I should be happy about that right?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:10 pm

AKBAPE wrote:
kj1nyr wrote:
jazzgalaxy wrote:
I have a feeling you will be wrong on this one.
Same fudge, different drop.
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:27 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
AKBAPE wrote: I think if you don't get it it won't be going for much more on the secondary market anyway. I expect after ebay fees shipping etc. flippers will barely get their money back considering it will be $220 with shipping.
I have a feeling you will be wrong on this one.
Why's that?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Show me 1 Keyes that hasn't flipped....The Call 1 was an edition of 750 and that is still averaging more than Face Value.

Their are going to be alot of people, myself included, who will be going for this. 220 shipped is decent for a Keyes. I bet their will be your normal flippers, but alot of people will hold onto it as well.

Good luck on the drop!
Same fudge, different drop.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:42 pm

It obviously won't be going for Shedding/Incubate (and obviously Lifted prices) and in my opinion after the quick flips it will settle in between The Call and Watcher for a few months and then slowly rise.

Personally I believe this image speaks to more people than the Watcher #3 does, but it's also a larger run - which is great. I think what he meant was that don't expect to find this for $250 a week/month after the sale, although there will undoubtedly be a few people who can't afford to hang on for the long haul or whose "wife doesn't like it".
Browse my collection: http://www.lifeonwalls.net/store
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:55 pm

gonzo303 wrote:Show me 1 Keyes that hasn't flipped....The Call 1 was an edition of 750 and that is still averaging more than Face Value.

Their are going to be alot of people, myself included, who will be going for this. 220 shipped is decent for a Keyes. I bet their will be your normal flippers, but alot of people will hold onto it as well.

Good luck on the drop!
I guess you have a point. There are a lot of people still trying to get their hands on a first Keyes, so there probably will be a lot of people holding onto it And truthfully, $220 is a great price for a Keyes, all told. I guess I've gotten lucky and taken that fact for granted. Plus, this is a great image. I think it's one of Keyes' most evocative.

As for one Keyes that hasn't flipped, Sprout falls in there if you count books-- not even sold out yet.

Anyhow, I'll see you fellas at the starting line. Hope my luck holds.