Homeward Bound 10 McCarthy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
kevkevkev
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:02 pm

i bought one.
buy 4? wouldnt they be rolled a bit tight?
johnr1311
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:32 pm

everyone is soooooooo sensative. Must be wintertime blues.
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:52 pm

ryefish75 wrote:Is that a mini-van?

GID Stars>GID Owls>GIDLit Windows>GID>Skeletons>Snow>LOTR Characters>Dinos>Mini-Vans. >DMB.
Mini-Vans>Phish>DMB
coleslaw
Art Expert

Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:48 pm

This just might win AOTW, i think it has a great chance, really nice print all in all, nice fade too I'd bet from D&L :pint:
“But as Garcia said, you know, the '60s ain't over till the fat lady gets high. And that means that whatever it takes to get you high: sometimes grief, sometimes it's prayer, fasting. I prefer a joint.”-Ken Kesey
dukakus88
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:07 am

pj101ca wrote:Helpful EB tips:

Read more. Post less.
I agree. If people want to be a Farva, I wish they'd take it elsewhere.

Also, I do think it is a minivan.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:28 am

I don't like this place anymore
mmmm Beer :pint:
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:13 pm

ghettoblaster wrote:
s_k_y wrote:
It's huge and would be a b*tch to frame.
I think 36"x12" is a standard frame size at Michaels, etc.
?

hook me up with the phone number of the michael's that you shop at because this isnt going to be a standard size frame. your going to pay more for the frame than the print.

I like it myself, but i'm worried that it won't fit well into my 24 X 36 portfolio.

Great print to frame, but after buying the print and framing it your looking at close to 2 bills
Common sense, is not that common
gonzo303
Art Freak

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:27 pm

attackonthebass wrote:
ghettoblaster wrote:
s_k_y wrote:
It's huge and would be a b*tch to frame.
I think 36"x12" is a standard frame size at Michaels, etc.
?

hook me up with the phone number of the michael's that you shop at because this isnt going to be a standard size frame. your going to pay more for the frame than the print.

I like it myself, but i'm worried that it won't fit well into my 24 X 36 portfolio.

Great print to frame, but after buying the print and framing it your looking at close to 2 bills
Not really, just was at Aaron Brothers. and if Dan does this exact 12 x 36 there is a frame that exact dimensions there. just add some spacers to it and get some new glass later on and your set.
Same fudge, different drop.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:35 pm

since these are being done by D&L, I'd expect the measurements to be exact. It was for In A Silent Way.
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
jvphish
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:02 pm

kylep3 wrote:
sonny wrote:
kylep3 wrote:
jvphish wrote:if one were to purchase the print club subscription right now, would it include this print?
probably not because the people who purchased the sub recently (me) will not get The Fall because it sold out, so I doubt it
...well according to dan's website, the fall would be the only print you wouldn't get:

***UPDATE*** the first print of the 2009/2010 print club "the fall" is sold out. i can only offer 11 month memberships for $320 (bonus print still included)

...even if Homeward Bound is "sold out", he is still sitting on some extras for replacements in case some get damaged in transit...i am thinking you would get HB in the sub...but then again, it doesn't hurt to shoot Dan an email...he'll respond to you too...Dan rules...

it says that because he probably hasn't updated it yet, you can still add the print (homeward bound) to your cart, if he hasn't updated that the print has sold out, you think he's updated that one sentence on his web page???? I don't think so, you're right though, it doesn't hurt to send him an email and ask....
Just heard back from Dan...If you purchase the sub. now you will still get Homeward Bound. w00t. so excited!
ghettoblaster
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:14 pm

attackonthebass wrote:

I go to Aaron Brothers. I stopped going to Michael's. Michael's smells bad and their frame selection is inferior to Aaron Brothers.
barrettrhoades
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:39 pm

probably not because the people who purchased the sub recently (me) will not get The Fall because it sold out, so I doubt it[/quote]

...well according to dan's website, the fall would be the only print you wouldn't get:

***UPDATE*** the first print of the 2009/2010 print club "the fall" is sold out. i can only offer 11 month memberships for $320 (bonus print still included)

...even if Homeward Bound is "sold out", he is still sitting on some extras for replacements in case some get damaged in transit...i am thinking you would get HB in the sub...but then again, it doesn't hurt to shoot Dan an email...he'll respond to you too...Dan rules...[/quote]

it says that because he probably hasn't updated it yet, you can still add the print (homeward bound) to your cart, if he hasn't updated that the print has sold out, you think he's updated that one sentence on his web page???? I don't think so, you're right though, it doesn't hurt to send him an email and ask....[/quote]

Just heard back from Dan...If you purchase the sub. now you will still get Homeward Bound. w00t. so excited![/quote]

From Dan's site: UPDATE
two prints from 2009/2010 print club are sold out. i can only offer 10 month memberships for $300 (bonus print still included)
Now all of them must be spoken for.
ImageImageImage
jvphish
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:19 am

two prints from 2009/2010 print club are sold out. i can only offer 10 month memberships for $300 (bonus print still included)
Looks like I got in at the last second. Woo-hoo! So glad I got this print with my sub!!
wolfmanjack
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:26 am

jvphish wrote:
Looks like I got in at the last second. Woo-hoo! So glad I got this print with my sub!!
yep you got lucky, I missed out on "the fall" when I subscribed :pint:
"Dont open my eyes, to nothin like truth, just leave it all lost in the wind, let it hide in the blindness of youth.
Facts of the matter, most likely will always remain, i guess ill be lost in the backyard, til i get home again"
- James McMurtry
jvphish
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 pm

wolfmanjack wrote:
jvphish wrote:
yep you got lucky, I missed out on "the fall" when I subscribed :pint:
Even luckier for myself, I purchased "The Fall" prior to getting the sub!