Radiohead Haiti Relief LA 10 Arens

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
thegig
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 pm

For $75.... :roll:

The only good reason I can think of to ship a poster like this flat is that you have a WHOLE bunch of extra cardboard lying around.
sasquatch
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Kii is making it right. He is replacing the posters and throwing in an uncut artist edition of the red poster signed for my trouble. I can live with that.
Evolution
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:20 pm

Yeah... it just sucks cause I was actually home today but he didn't knock or anything... so they were just sitting out there in the rain. The posters will probably be fine though... they're drying upstairs in a small room with a big fan. And they didn't even seem so bad to begin with.
andruw000
Art Expert

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:31 am

apparently i got lucky -- aside from the tape issue, mine is fine.
zapper
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:52 pm

andruw000 wrote:apparently i got lucky -- aside from the tape issue, mine is fine.
not all of them are folded?
mattlew69
Art Expert

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:15 pm

zapper wrote:
andruw000 wrote:apparently i got lucky -- aside from the tape issue, mine is fine.
not all of them are folded?
no, i think those photos are of someones package that happened to get folded by the postal service.

mine arrived fine as well, flat, between 4 sheets of carboard. no damage, looks great!
dragonmanagement
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:12 am

Got mine today, and it included a letter from Kii. Says they oversold the yellow edition of 100 by 27, and to make up for it they gave me an AP edition (of 27 I'm assuming) and a free red edition, signed and numbered.

And, yes, mine was shipped flat, taped on two corners, with minor damage to the back of those two corners as a result. I was seriously pissed when I saw that they taped the prints to the cardboard. Most ridiculous packaging of prints I have ever seen. (IMO, LOST prints were the best packed prints I've ever received.)

MODS: Yellow AP edition of 27
retter
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 am

i think the yellow (not numbered?) AP edition is probably a bigger run than the first edition, assuming they are replacing all the damaged ones with them :shock:
thegig
Art Expert

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:56 am

retter wrote:i think the yellow (not numbered?) AP edition is probably a bigger run than the first edition, assuming they are replacing all the damaged ones with them :shock:
They're not replacing the damaged posters with APs (that I know of). They packed APs in lieu of the first edition because it was oversold.
retter
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:27 am

thegig wrote:
retter wrote:i think the yellow (not numbered?) AP edition is probably a bigger run than the first edition, assuming they are replacing all the damaged ones with them :shock:
They're not replacing the damaged posters with APs (that I know of). They packed APs in lieu of the first edition because it was oversold.
well people with damaged copies are getting them replaced.. with what then?
mattlew69
Art Expert

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am

dragonmanagement wrote:Got mine today, and it included a letter from Kii. Says they oversold the yellow edition of 100 by 27, and to make up for it they gave me an AP edition (of 27 I'm assuming) and a free red edition, signed and numbered.

And, yes, mine was shipped flat, taped on two corners, with minor damage to the back of those two corners as a result. I was seriously pissed when I saw that they taped the prints to the cardboard. Most ridiculous packaging of prints I have ever seen. (IMO, LOST prints were the best packed prints I've ever received.)

MODS: Yellow AP edition of 27
man, i was hoping to get an AP or red version when i heard they oversold.

you got an AP and a RED?!?!?!? NICE SCORE!!! :clap:
Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:29 am

i just had this idea.. it is somewhat mean spirited, but I figured out a way to kill two birds with one stone.. How we can help Haiti and America at the same time.. If all the obese people in America who truly want to lose weight moved to Haiti to help with the rebuild, they'd lose basically all their weight from the heat, lack of food, and the work that needs to be done. Which in turn help Haiti get back on it's feet.. America should be doing this as a charity thing..

http://www.takepart.com/articles/86-per ... 2030/47113
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
skary
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:16 pm

I too got the Ap version and red print as a bonus as part of the oversold and they have a huge bend thru the whole thing which I was pissed about. I could of gotten replacements but I did not want the AP version so that was 2 strikes in my book I will be returning it for a refund. I got the keys and emek haiti prints so i've done my part to help. I just think he should of contacted us asking if we wanted that instead of just shipping it. It's a sweet print but just 2 issues right from the start turned me off.
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:51 pm

If you got #18 (of either run) please PM me.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!