Radiohead Haiti Relief LA 10 Arens

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
moonshine
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:42 pm

This radiohead poster is very frameable....Image....great in person!
bicyclejoe
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:44 pm

My favorites:

moonshine
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:47 pm

the emek rules....better than this Haiti one...

I like the Haiti one but it reminds of those Wacky packs...
aahnutz
EB Team

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:34 am

Wow!

Set List

Faust Arp (Thom and Jonny alone)
Fake Plastic Trees
Arpeggi
National Anthem
Nude
Karma Police
Kid A
Morning Bell
How To Disappear Completely
Wolf at the Door
The Bends
Reckoner
Lucky
Bodysnatchers
Dollars & Cents
Airbag (Thom offered crowd choice of this or Just and they cheered louder for Airbag)
Exit Music (For A Film)

First encore:
Everything In Its Right Place (Thom alone at the piano)
You & Whose Army?
Pyramid Song
All I Need

Second encore:
Lotus Flower (new song - Thom alone on guitar)
Paranoid Android
Street Spirit
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
KrazyKristin82
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:50 am

Looks like a long show, is this 100% benefits like EMEK's ?
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:51 am

aahnutz wrote:Wow!
OtisMcfluster
Art Expert

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:34 am

Here you go kids:
kramer73
Art Expert

Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:54 am

from rollingstone.com

Radiohead Rock For Haiti at Small Los Angeles Benefit Show
1/25/10, 11:21 am EST

Even Radiohead can be surprised by the difference a rock band can make. On Sunday, the forward-looking Oxford quintet took a break from recording sessions for its next album to perform at the Henry Fonda Theatre in Hollywood and raise desperately needed funds for Haiti earthquake relief. “This is how much money we made,” singer-guitarist Thom Yorke announced late in the two-hour concert, as he was handed a card with a final tally. “Gross: drymount me! $572,774!”

Tickets for the night’s “Radiohead for Haiti” concert were sold over the weekend via online auction, with a top price paid by one fan at $4,000 for a single pair. “What did you do to get a ticket?” Yorke joked with the crowd. “Get money from your dad? Or blackmail your boss?” The all-star audience included Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel, Flea, Drew Barrymore, Paul Thomas Anderson and Anna Paquin.

For hardcore fans crowding the old theater, it was a bargain, with an epic, emotional set that stretched from career-defining work from the mid-’90s to debut of a new song, the brooding “Lotus Flower,” which Yorke had previously performed without Radiohead. The night began quietly with Yorke and guitarist Jonny Greenwood alone onstage, each plucking the spectral acoustic melody from 2007’s “Faust Arp,” as Yorke sang in the hushed tones of Elliott Smith: “I’m tingling tingling tingling/It’s what you feel, not what you ought to.”

The band was at their stripped down essence, with none of the bright lights and visual effects of Radiohead’s 2008 performance at the nearby Hollywood Bowl. The 1,300-capacity room’s much smaller setting revealed the subtleties within band’s layered sound, though Yorke kept insisting they were in recording mode (and still working on a new album in Los Angeles) and a little rough onstage. “Feel free, man, to sing along,” he said. “Chances are, we’ll forget the words.”

Radiohead performed without attempting to say anything profound about the ongoing tragedy in the Caribbean nation, allowing the emotion and power of their songs to speak for them. Ticket proceeds were to be directed to Oxfam International, and more was raised from the sale of a limited edition show poster at $25 each, plus spare cash dropped into green buckets wielded by volunteers.

The band’s depth of feeling was heard within the sad, hopeful “Fake Plastic Trees” (from 1995), which soon erupted with the slashing guitars of Greenwood and Ed O’Brien before Yorke’s closing pleas of heartbreak: “If I could be who you wanted/All the time, all the time,” as fans swayed and sang softly along.

From there, Radiohead moved to material Yorke called “more up to date,” as the singer bounced anxiously behind the microphone to the grooves, his falsetto colliding with explosive beats and guitars and electronics, unshaven and casual in a blue-and-white plaid shirt. During “National Anthem,” Greenwood plugged into some random local radio signals, while his brother Colin rolled into a heavy bass groove of static and beauty. As the mournful “Dollars & Cents” came to a close with some aggressive, chiming guitar blasts from O’Brien, he and Yorke shared a laugh.

For “Lotus Flower,” Yorke stood alone onstage with an acoustic guitar, finding a bluesy, melancholy pattern as he sang a mournful, “I will slip myself into your pocket … Now I set you free, I set you free.”

The first of two encores began with Yorke alone at an upright piano, his back to the crowd, singing “Everything In Its Right Place” (from 2000’s Kid A — RS’ best album of the decade), pounding the stirring chord riff. He was soon joined again by the full band for “You and Whose Army?” as he cupped his hands around the microphone to sing, glancing and glaring playfully at fans over his shoulder between lyrics.

The crowd kept shouting more song titles. “Yes, we’ll get to that,” Yorke told the front rows. “You’re not in a hurry are you?”
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:21 am

Mods please add an AP edition signed numbered of 100. Thanks
pewter14
EB Team

oh, and I hope you people flipping this are at least giving a little of your profits back to the Haiti cause.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
johnr1311
Art Expert

that setlist looks amazing
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
mines
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:24 am

pewter14 wrote:oh, and I hope you people flipping this are at least giving a little of your profits back to the Haiti cause.
So far the dude on eBay is giving 10% from what his auction states. A bit less than 100%.
automator
Nobody

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:26 am

New image Radiohead Haiti Relief LA 10 Arens

boatingbenny
Art Expert

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:27 am

Are we sure this is a screenprint? Says Litho on the artists site.
RADIOHEAD for Haiti
The Fonda, LA • Jan. 24, 2010
Signed / Numbered Lithograph series of 100 • 17" x 23"
All proceeds go to Haiti via OXFAM
$75 each
Last edited by boatingbenny on Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mines
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:29 am

boatingbenny wrote:Are we sure this is a screenprint? Say Litho on the artists site.
RADIOHEAD for Haiti
The Fonda, LA • Jan. 24, 2010
Signed / Numbered Lithograph series of 100 • 17" x 23"
All proceeds go to Haiti via OXFAM
$75 each

Would be quite strange if they weren't printed the same, no?

Edit : and almost everything on that site is a litho: http://www.lalalandposters.com/

Still a homerun in my book.