Haiti Relief 10 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:57 pm

Well, thanks all - I figured it was something like that. I 'spose I was just trying to fish around to see if any of these had landed in anyones hands yet.

That said, I think I shall add it to my collection while I'm here. :wink:
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
ickythump

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:50 am

alwaysalx
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:51 am

there is always one :hanging:
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:37 pm

Ha! Flippers auction closes today... any wind of when these will ship?...oh, wait....lem'me guess - AFTER ebay auction closes.
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
upseeker
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:48 pm

...living vicariously through another's altruism must be a crime worthy of the sixth level of hell in Dante's Inferno. Or maybe worse than ripping off someone else's art. What is that?... level 10?
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:50 pm

upseeker wrote:...living vicariously through another's altruism must be a crime worthy of the sixth level of hell in Dante's Inferno. Or maybe worse than ripping off someone else's art. What is that?... level 10?
:roll:

who gives a fudge?
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
maden
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm

MJBuck wrote:
upseeker wrote:...living vicariously through another's altruism must be a crime worthy of the sixth level of hell in Dante's Inferno. Or maybe worse than ripping off someone else's art. What is that?... level 10?

who gives a fudge?
don't get the "you can't flip charity prints" argument. People that bought them to flip still donated money to charity. If they had not bought them to flip, less money would have gone to charity.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:49 pm

I love Emek's stuff, but as a gig poster guy I bought this solely to donate money.
I thought the run would be 2000.... :o
MJBuck
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:25 pm

maden wrote:
MJBuck wrote:
who gives a fudge?
don't get the "you can't flip charity prints" argument. People that bought them to flip still donated money to charity. If they had not bought them to flip, less money would have gone to charity.
just people being righteous.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
krisjay
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Any news on when this will ship?
Burn, baby, burn!!!!
pjtaper
Art Freak

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:45 pm

maden wrote: I don't get the "you can't flip charity prints" argument. People that bought them to flip still donated money to charity. If they had not bought them to flip, less money would have gone to charity.
:!:
recycler
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:52 pm

what's the big deal? the keyes are being flipped big time and he didn't even give 100 percent to charity

i agree with ya maden
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:45 pm

MJBuck wrote:
maden wrote:
MJBuck wrote:
who gives a fudge?
In theory it's fine, if you dissect the original route of where the money ends up.

In practice, it bothers me. I don't really even know why, but it does. I'm exercising my right to be "irrational."
not dead
MJBuck
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:59 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:
MJBuck wrote:
who gives a fudge?
just people being righteous.[/quote]

In theory it's fine, if you dissect the original route of where the money ends up.

In practice, it bothers me. I don't really even know why, but it does. I'm exercising my right to be "irrational."[/quote]

when does it become acceptable then? or rational to sell it?
out and perfect.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:04 pm

MJBuck wrote:
ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:
MJBuck wrote:
maden wrote: don't get the "you can't flip charity prints" argument. People that bought them to flip still donated money to charity. If they had not bought them to flip, less money would have gone to charity.

In practice, it bothers me. I don't really even know why, but it does. I'm exercising my right to be "irrational."
when does it become acceptable then? or rational to sell it?
There's a half-life on tragic events before comedians can use them in jokes. Sometimes a year or more.

I'd say something like that. Wait a year. People forget things fast, but tragedy takes a little bit longer.
not dead