Haiti Relief 10 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
MJBuck
Art Expert
Posts: 4342
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:04 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:EMEK knows better...... which kind of upsets me

Should be maximizing revenue for Haiti versus creating another print hype

Praying this will be $250 and bash the low end flippers hopes.......
$40 already confirmed.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11592
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:28 pm

Bummer.... I won't rant and rave but he could have tripled the good for haiti versus lining flippers pockets. :hanging:
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 pm

you all crack me up

all this talk about write offs and good causes

you know you can donate money without getting something in return right ;)

great print though
mmmm Beer :pint:
User avatar
igotid
Art Expert
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:00 am

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:38 pm

MJBuck wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:EMEK knows better...... which kind of upsets me

Should be maximizing revenue for Haiti versus creating another print hype

Praying this will be $250 and bash the low end flippers hopes.......
$40 already confirmed.
any word on release date?
pjtaper
Art Freak
Posts: 10371
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:00 am
Location: Waiting on EMEKs site for another sale...

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:48 pm

upseeker wrote:If Emek indeed is intending to make $$$ for people in Haiti then it should be an unlimited run. I would if I could. Someday soon I intend to produce my own prints for the masses.
:clap:
User avatar
bicyclejoe
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:00 am

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:58 pm

We will be selling these for $40 at tonight's show in Portland. But unfortunately, at this point, tonight's sale is only open to those who attend the reception for his "Aaarght and Soul" show. But don't despair, Emek will have them for sale on his site sooner than you probably think. He wants to get the money to Haiti quickly.
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15313
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:47 pm

bicyclejoe wrote:We will be selling these for $40 at tonight's show in Portland. But unfortunately, at this point, tonight's sale is only open to those who attend the reception for his "Aaarght and Soul" show. But don't despair, Emek will have them for sale on his site sooner than you probably think. He wants to get the money to Haiti quickly.
Good luck with the show opening, hope we'll get more pics.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
hayward96
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 755
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:28 pm

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:08 pm

From Emek's site:

HAITI

we are currently working on a sale system with Paypal where they would not take their usual fees

so all of the money will go to relief organizations

we are going to have a special pre-sale in order to determine the edition size

but they will all be signed and numbered

more info coming soon
User avatar
mr_rugby
Art Expert
Posts: 6034
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:16 pm

hayward96 wrote:From Emek's site:

HAITI

we are currently working on a sale system with Paypal where they would not take their usual fees

so all of the money will go to relief organizations

we are going to have a special pre-sale in order to determine the edition size

but they will all be signed and numbered

more info coming soon
OMG THEY ARE NOT DOODLED!!!!

FREAK OUT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10810
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:22 pm

are you all happy now?
mmmm Beer :pint:
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11592
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:34 pm

Kdh12 wrote:are you all happy now?
Yes..... Thanks for taking care of it :lol:
User avatar
andruw000
Art Expert
Posts: 1041
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:17 am

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:44 pm

yeah, i'm happy about this. though i hope he sells a lot more than postersandtoys did with the stout brushfire relief. buyers seem to disappear when they can't make a buck.
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11592
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:52 pm

andruw000 wrote: FLIPPERS seem to disappear when they can't make a buck.
You've been corrected-

All I have to say is "bub-bye"
User avatar
jamesgunter
Art Expert
Posts: 5240
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Birmingham, Al
Contact:

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:13 pm

I know that everyone around here is all about the S/N'd posters and i get it. But if this is a CHARITY print with 100% of the proceeds going to Haiti then why wouldnt you have an open ended run so you could sell as many as possible? ...and i know the argument, if its an open ended run it wont sell as well, and for any other artist i think that would be true but people eat that EMEK fudge up and would buy it anyway. ....just wondering
upseeker
Art Expert
Posts: 1749
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:20 pm

jamesgunter wrote:I know that everyone around here is all about the S/N'd posters and i get it. But if this is a CHARITY print with 100% of the proceeds going to Haiti then why wouldnt you have an open ended run so you could sell as many as possible? ...and i know the argument, if its an open ended run it wont sell as well, and for any other artist i think that would be true but people eat that EMEK fudge up and would buy it anyway. ....just wondering
You are correct, if you want the poster and help Haiti why would you care about the edition size?
Post Reply