The Tao of Self Love (Diptych) 10 Witt

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:47 am

This topic is dedicated to: The Tao of Self Love (Diptych) 10 Witt

postartproductions
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Yowzer!
birdwell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Nice efficient capturing of form. Zen minimalism. Sexually charged yet artfully done.
Rainbows & Butterflies
downtown
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Variations from print to print.
jagiello
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:06 pm

postartproductions wrote:Yowzer!
Not sure the wife will have this.
did your myan girlfriend miss her myan period ?
postartproductions
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:09 pm

What's the symbol mean?
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:11 pm

I like.
fredo
Art God

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:22 pm

The Tao that can be fondled is not the true Tao.
just a foil for me today, thanks
mezzacappa
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:44 pm

:lol:
fredo wrote:The Tao that can be fondled is not the true Tao.
I dont know which Tao you're referring to but if you read this book you'll realize just how drymounted up Taoism is.
http://www.librarything.com/work/65657

Lately the only Tao I'm gettin is the Tao of slim pickins. :lol:
Botticelli was Italian.
fredo
Art God

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:53 pm

The Tao of Poo must be next.

Taoism has gotten a bad rap from the new-agers peddling their selfish, skin-deep understanding of it. Of course, many of the original taoists were no better.
They just sat around all day.
Assholes.
downtown
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:53 pm

fredo wrote:The Tao of Poo must be next.

Taoism has gotten a bad rap from the new-agers peddling their selfish, skin-deep understanding of it. Of course, many of the original taoists were no better.
Assholes.
Wikipedia excerpt on Taoist sexual practices.
Sexuality
See also: Taoist sexual practices
Compared to a traditional Western perspective, the Taoist view of sexuality is considerably more at ease. The body is not viewed as a dangerous source of evil temptation, but rather as a positive asset. Taoism rejects Western mind-body dualism; mind and body are not set in contrast or opposition with each other. Sex is treated as a vital component to romantic love; however, Taoism emphasizes the need for self-control and moderation. Complete abstinence is frequently treated as equally dangerous as excessive sexual indulgence. The sexual vitality of men is portrayed as limited, while the sexual energy of women is viewed as boundless. Men are encouraged to control ejaculation to preserve this vital energy. Male Taoist sexual practices focus on cultivating the ability to reach orgasm without ejaculating, enabling a man to have multiple orgasms without loss of sexual vitality.Women are encouraged to reach orgasm without restriction. Taoists believe that a man may increase and nourish his own vitality by bringing a woman to orgasm, thereby "activating" her energy and attuning it with himself. This is considered to be of benefit to both partners.[42]
The Chinese government prefers the celibate model of Buddhism for Taoist clergy; Quanzhen clergy take vows of celibacy, but Zhengyi clergy are often married, and often reside at home. They are called sanju Taoshi, or "Taoist priests who live at home." Numbering in the tens of thousands, the sanju Taoshi perform rituals for their local communities.[43][unreliable source?]
[edit]
birdwell
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:03 pm

fredo wrote:The Tao of Poo must be next.

Assholes.
I'm all about the Tao of Poo. Someone please do a Tao of Poo print for me. :lol:
Rainbows & Butterflies
fredo
Art God

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:13 pm

The post was a knock on new-ageism, not the print.
downtown
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:33 pm

postartproductions wrote:What's the symbol mean?
The loose correlation between the Symbol and the title has to do with the belief in Taoism that the female orgasm is a source of physical renewal for both the male and the female.
So the symbol means new or renewal. I'm not a Taoist I just thought it was simple and pretty. :)
The sad news is that the male orgasm is viewed as a depletion of physical essence and advised against.
fredo
Art God

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:13 pm

downtown wrote:The sad news is that the male orgasm is viewed as a depletion of physical essence and advised against.
Only after we're 21-ish. Then we gotta conserve our natural rations.
Which is just as well. A grown man trying to keep up with that kind of inward-directed energy quickly becomes insane.
It's like a fireplace vs. a plutonium reactor.