Pearl Jam Santa Barbara 06 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:14 pm

macc5 wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:06 am
Added the listing in and the pic. Never knew there was a black version
No one was allowed to post a picture.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:37 pm

Out of the loop, whatever happened with Pearl Jam's lawyers? I guess they calmed down about Emek doing venue sanctioned concert posters instead of band sanctioned concert posters?
hunkster
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:31 am

From Sixtiesposters:

I want to thank the several of you that have contacted me to let me know what is being kicked around in the chat rooms on this piece, and as I don't participate (and this is a perfect example of why I don't), this is what I will pass along through this forum,

1. This print is neither owned by myself nor Emek. It was consigned to this auction by an individual collector three days ago.

2. I was visiting Emek and his family in 2006 when these posters were delivered to him from the printer, both the full color edition and the black variants. They were all printed at the same time.

3. As Emek printed these for the promoter (Niederlander), and not the band, Pearl Jam was upset and asked him not to sell them at that time. He asked me to keep their existence "under my hat", which I did.

4. There are usally anywhere from 30-50 Emek posters listed in these auctions. The average number that are consigned by Emek is roughly four, and they are generally limited to his most recent editions.

5. I have dealt with dealers, collectors and artists in this hobby for well over twenty years, and have known Emek for nearly twenty of those years. In my dealings, I have yet to meet any individual with more integrity and respect for for the poster hobby. Any one person that would think that he would print posters (without disclosure) decades after to try to take financial advantage of collectors simply has no idea who he is. So, let me pass along that he is the VERY BEST of what this hobby is.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:15 am

Wait.....isn't taking financial advantage of collectors the foundation of a commemorative poster artist's business model? If it is not, it should be.

Secondly, making the argument that posters were not reprinted, for a poster that was reprinted from an earlier art print is interesting.

Most importantly, Emek is a really nice person, why does it matter when or where the prints were made? They weren't for sale at the show
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:07 am

Some noob who doesn’t know Jackchitt probably ran his mouth on Facebook.
automator
Nobody

Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:42 am

New image Pearl Jam Santa Barbara 06 EMEK