No Ball Games 09 Banksy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Post Reply
User avatar
cadeallaw
Art Expert
Posts: 5447
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:12 pm
Location: Dayton, OH
Contact:

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 pm

phistory wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Congrats to those that scored in the POW lottery... as long as you hold onto 'em instead of f**king flipping 'em... :twisted:
thank you...i will post some pics after i get done framing it...i have never framed anything this large before...but i am thinking the frame job is gonna cost almost as much as the artwork...as far as flipping...i feel pretty honored to host this up in my home...the only thing i like to flip is my GF around 10 minutes through...maybe in a few years i will get bored with her like this banksy...only time will tell...i do know one thing...i will get back what i put into my banksy...my girlfriend...now that is a real gamble!! :roll:

and remember, with a sharpie you can turn ANY poster into a Phish poster
kentf
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Quick question for those who have received their print:

Does anyone else have a tiny mark on their print near the grass by the boy's foot? It looks like a small grease mark, about a cm big in the shape of a crescent moon.

I'm wondering if this is on all the prints, or if mine got a little defect. It's really small, but it's still bothersome. It is something that would also lower the value of the print (although I never plan on giving this thing up).
heavyconsumer
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:05 pm

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:42 pm

kentf wrote:Quick question for those who have received their print:

Does anyone else have a tiny mark on their print near the grass by the boy's foot? It looks like a small grease mark, about a cm big in the shape of a crescent moon.

I'm wondering if this is on all the prints, or if mine got a little defect. It's really small, but it's still bothersome. It is something that would also lower the value of the print (although I never plan on giving this thing up).


Sorry I can't answer your question, but try looking at the images of those for sale on Ebay and if none seem to show the same mark, then I suggest you take some photos of the print and email them to Dora at POW asap (sales@picturesonwalls.com), who will be able to advise you and, if it is a defect, I suspect they will probably replace your print for you if you want them to. Good luck working that out.
kentf
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:47 pm

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:10 pm

Thanks for the input. I took a look at Ebay and the one for sale there doesn't have the mark.

I sent an email to Dora 20 minutes after I opened my tube on Wednesday. I included a few photos, but the mark doesn't look very significant in them so hopefully they take my email seriously. I haven't heard back from them yet, but I'm chalking that up to the holiday season.
User avatar
phistory
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:00 am
Location: Slo-Cal

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:34 pm

kentf wrote:Thanks for the input. I took a look at Ebay and the one for sale there doesn't have the mark.

I sent an email to Dora 20 minutes after I opened my tube on Wednesday. I included a few photos, but the mark doesn't look very significant in them so hopefully they take my email seriously. I haven't heard back from them yet, but I'm chalking that up to the holiday season.
i have that same mark on mine...i think its suppose to be there and is part of the artwork? my number is in the upper 100's.
Listen to my last words...they might be what i just said. --D.Mustane.
User avatar
jojobadass
Art Freak
Posts: 19947
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 12:00 am
Location: chick-fila
Contact:

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:48 pm

I think it's pretty funny that 1/2 the people that got this seem to have phish or dmb in their usernames
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
User avatar
SteveKai
Art Expert
Posts: 1819
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:54 am

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:19 pm

I'm wondering why this print isn't fetching the same $$ on the secondary market as prints such as NOLA. This is a lower run, larger piece an IMO just as good of an image. Sign of the times? What do you guys think?
User avatar
boatingbenny
Art Expert
Posts: 3389
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:00 am

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:45 pm

SteveKai wrote:I'm wondering why this print isn't fetching the same $$ on the secondary market as prints such as NOLA. This is a lower run, larger piece an IMO just as good of an image. Sign of the times? What do you guys think?
NBG is a larger run than NOLA. NBG is a run of 500 250 green 250 grey. IMO the Nola image appeals to more of a worldwide collector whereas NBG might have more appeal to the UK collector. The " No Ball Games " sign is something that people see on a regular basis (at least that is what I was told while in the UK). I see NBG as being similar to Very Little Helps...most people in the US have no idea what TESCO is however it were a Wallmart flag VLH would have huge appeal in the States.
Very Little Helps is also a smaller run than No Ball Games and still does not fetch that much more.

The more pictures I see of the green the more it makes my stomach churn..it looks like pea soup puke. Glad I have the Grey.
User avatar
Danno1
Art Expert
Posts: 1414
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:04 pm
Location: Dayton, OH

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:40 pm

I kind of agree with benny, I personally think the green is just hideous. I also dont think this image even ranks near the same as Nola. I get what he is saying and all that, just not one of his better efforts I think.
stay thirsty my friends
kevkevkev
Art Expert
Posts: 1702
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:10 am

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:59 pm

no ball games is what you might see on a sign on an large area of grass like in a residential housing area. not big like a park or field where they are supposed to play. basically if you live round there you wouldnt want kids kicking a foot (soccer) ball around. so the council put signs up. i never really like this bansky cause to me it looks like the kids are throwing a slab of concrete through the air.
User avatar
RupertPupkin
Art Expert
Posts: 6557
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Leeds, UK

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:23 pm

There is a 'No Ball Games' sign round the corner from my house. Completely ignored by the children it's aimed at, of course.
User avatar
Blackheart
Art Expert
Posts: 1839
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:00 am
Location: West Chester

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Danno1 wrote:I kind of agree with benny, I personally think the green is just hideous. I also dont think this image even ranks near the same as Nola. I get what he is saying and all that, just not one of his better efforts I think.
I know it all depends on the person looking at it......

I happen to really like the green. I think the red really pops off of it
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine..........the rest i wasted.
User avatar
naturevsscience
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 622
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:59 pm
Location: Midwest

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:43 pm

Blackheart wrote:
Danno1 wrote:I kind of agree with benny, I personally think the green is just hideous. I also dont think this image even ranks near the same as Nola. I get what he is saying and all that, just not one of his better efforts I think.
I know it all depends on the person looking at it......

I happen to really like the green. I think the red really pops off of it
Maybe I'm biased because I got the chance to buy the green, but I prefer it. It reminds me of grass while the gray reminds me of concrete. I'll post some pics once I get this thing framed.
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18434
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:45 pm

boatingbenny wrote:
The more pictures I see of the green the more it makes my stomach churn..it looks like pea soup puke. Glad I have the Grey.
HYPE
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
boatingbenny
Art Expert
Posts: 3389
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:00 am

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:01 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
boatingbenny wrote:
The more pictures I see of the green the more it makes my stomach churn..it looks like pea soup puke. Glad I have the Grey.
HYPE
No reason to hype..my print is not going anywhere. Just calling it as I see it.
Post Reply