Widespread Panic Milwaukee 09 Sperry

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
tranito
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:08 pm

turnJBup wrote:Why worry about listing a sale that is substantially cheaper than the going rate?
Doesn't help the buyer that's for sure.
My guess would be he ain't trying to accomplish anything else than just recording a sale that actually happened.
Not everyone is worried about influencing the sales chart in their favor.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
bone811
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:00 pm

tranito wrote:
turnJBup wrote:Why worry about listing a sale that is substantially cheaper than the going rate?
Doesn't help the buyer that's for sure.
My guess would be he ain't trying to accomplish anything else than just recording a sale that actually happened.
Not everyone is worried about influencing the sales chart in their favor.

If it sold for that price it should be put up on the chart. Don't worry, it won't devalue you print value to much
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:07 pm

If it devalues it a bit, it devalues it a bit. Damn. Let's have a bit of integrity, folks.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:46 pm

I could care less... But I wouldn't be asking for help posting the sale.
I have always been puzzled by people that feel the need to record sales that don't do anything but lessen the value of the print they just bought. I don't list hookups... Just me.

This print is one where it really won't hurt it... You can sell them all day long for 1500.00.
Next one will probably go for 2500.00.
They aren't around.
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:12 pm

I think posting the sale is fine but it should't be counted. From what I remember there were special stipulations attached to the sale. Usually when something like that happens the sale is recorded and not counted in the average.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Special stipulations definitely should come into play. What was the scoop on this sale?
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:53 pm

jwally wrote:Sooo.. to answer a few questions about the price and history behind my WSP Sperry Print..

How much did I pay?

$0.00 in all reality.. however.. I did make a $1.5k donation to WSPs Charity they support 'Tunes for Tots'.

What is the history behind it?

I got it from the Talent Buyer who schedules shows for the Pabst, Riverside and Turner. I asked him about it in June of 2013 and he was not interested at that time. I sent him an email ~1 month ago and let him know I was looking to complete the set.. again, he was not interested in selling.

Then the email came that said he had an idea.. and told me more about the poster.

He got the poster directly from the band as a gift after the 3 night run at the Riverside in 09. He let me know thats why he didn't want to sell it becasue he got it as a gift and it had meaning to him. However.. assuming the band would agree for him to sell me the poster for $1.5k and donate all the money to their charity.. he would sell it to me.

While scheduling and working out the 2014 details for Milwaukee (I assure you there is something epic coming for the fall tour) he presented the idea to the band.

The band gave him the approval to sell it to me.

On March 5th, he wrote a nice letter explaining how he got it.. some more details.. on Riverside letterhead and then on March 8th @ 9:00 am.. we met over a cup of coffee to do the transaction.

It may not be the most historic story to some.. but to me.. thats as good as it gets.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:59 pm

Awesome.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Did y'all hear about the prices for the other 3 ladies at the charity auction in Punta Cana? :shock:
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:06 pm

I remember reading that post now. I'd call it a legit sale, but I can understand the opposing position.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:53 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:Did y'all hear about the prices for the other 3 ladies at the charity auction in Punta Cana? :shock:
no. please go on.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:18 pm

Cloud 9 did their normal Positive Legacy silent auction. Probably 100-150 items, mostly photos, some prints, signed guitar, and some other random things. 3 of the original 4 ladies, No Milwaukee, each signed by the entire band. Low numbers, under 15. Must be from the BC archive. I heard they ended at roughly $4.5k, 6k and 7k (la, den, mb). The total auction raised over $60k
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
jwally
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:06 pm

What color ink should be used when getting these signed? Metalic silver?
jwally
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:10 pm

I don't care if the sale is recorded.. up to you guys.. however.. by no means do I think this is a 'normal' sale. If I didn't know him.. the chances of me getting it were prolly slim to none.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:48 pm

jwally wrote:I don't care if the sale is recorded.. up to you guys.. however.. by no means do I think this is a 'normal' sale. If I didn't know him.. the chances of me getting it were prolly slim to none.
I have no opinion on recording the sale but that is a GREAT story about how you got it jwally! :pint:
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."