Widespread Panic Milwaukee 09 Sperry

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jwally
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:48 pm

FroDawg wrote:
jwally wrote:I don't care if the sale is recorded.. up to you guys.. however.. by no means do I think this is a 'normal' sale. If I didn't know him.. the chances of me getting it were prolly slim to none.
I have no opinion on recording the sale but that is a GREAT story about how you got it jwally! :pint:

Yes.. the seller is a very standup person for donating the money to WSP's charity. It just backs up how genuine and outstanding some people still are. I can't thank him enough and don't think he will ever stand how thankful/happy I am with not only the print.. the story behind it.. and what he did with the money.
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:07 pm

jwally wrote:What color ink should be used when getting these signed? Metalic silver?
Who's going to sign it? If ya get it signed in the border i'd just get it done in pencil (how most artists sign/number their prints).
jwally
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:20 pm

RiotAct wrote:
jwally wrote:What color ink should be used when getting these signed? Metalic silver?
Who's going to sign it? If ya get it signed in the border i'd just get it done in pencil (how most artists sign/number their prints).
I would like to have the whole band.. pencil would be nice.
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Cool - I have the band-signed edition of EMEK's Flaming Lips skull print he did last year (the star and squiggle foil editions), they signed in the black ink and I think it looks pretty cool personally. It all comes down to personal tastes... myself, I'd probably try and get them to sign it in the border for this one since the background bubbles are so damn cool it almost seems like a bunch of signatures there would kind of detract from it.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:35 pm

it's a bit ambitious...but would it surprise me if it got a bid?...not one bit
jwally
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:17 am

jlabbate wrote:

If someone pays 3.5k for an AP.. just imagine what a mint First Edition would go for.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:20 am

I bet $1,000,000. When are you putting yours up for sale?
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:37 pm

jwally wrote:
jlabbate wrote:

If someone pays 3.5k for an AP.. just imagine what a mint First Edition would go for.
the same price?
rockbridge
Art Expert

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:39 pm

jlabbate wrote:
jwally wrote:
jlabbate wrote:

the same price
Agreed...Not sure why he thinks there is going to be a big price difference between a 1st and an AP. Historically speaking, I love collecting Chuck's AP's because they normally are going straight from Chuck to a collector and haven't suffered and potential collateral damage from being at a show
Poeschel55

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:10 pm

rockbridge wrote:Agreed...Not sure why he thinks there is going to be a big price difference between a 1st and an AP
because he collects DMB prints
natepachl
Art Expert

Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:53 am

Price of poker just went up.....$3K :shock:
I wouldn't deal with JakeStanley / eBay user fratdaddyjake
RiotAct
EB Team

Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:58 pm

jatlas was that $2,999 eBay sale yours?
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:11 pm

Whoever snagged the framed gold edition yesterday on ebay got a great deal, assuming it's not drymounted or anything. Had what I thought was a token bid in, and it ended up being only a few hundred below the ending price.
soam24
Art Freak

Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:17 pm

RiotAct wrote:Whoever snagged the framed gold edition yesterday on ebay got a great deal, assuming it's not drymounted or anything. Had what I thought was a token bid in, and it ended up being only a few hundred below the ending price.

I know who sold that to the person who just listed it.

They bought it for 3.5k and didn't get that money back that's for sure.