Hendrix Experience John Mayall San Francisco 68 Griffin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
gordo55
Art Expert

Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:51 pm

that sux...hope you get it sorted out.
THC
goldenrose
Art Expert

Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks for the head's up misrd1 and hope it all works out.
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
danebp
Art Expert

Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:23 pm

goldenrose wrote:Thanks for the head's up misrd1 and hope it all works out.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 pm

gordo55 wrote:that sux...hope you get it sorted out.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:20 pm

Yikes! Sorry to hear about that; mistreatment of a family of BG105s is criminal. :(
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Parrish02
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:54 pm

:evil: Classic Posters response to misrd1’s libelous and defamatory post

Regular participants in this forum will recall a post from MIRDS1 about 2 weeks ago. That post was critical of Classic Posters, suggesting that it was unresponsive to its consignors and that it failed to accept responsibility for damage it had caused to material being consigned.

As everyone is aware, every story has two sides. Classic Posters has been on the web since 2000 and we pride ourselves in providing the very best in customer service and satisfaction. We have never had (until now) a customer voice a complaint on an internet forum because of this policy. We will always do whatever is needed to make our customers happy, unless we feel that person is making false claims against us. That is the case with misrd1.

misrd1, aka XXXXXXXXXX of XXXXXXXXX, XXXXXXXXXX first contacted us in June 2015 to inquire about having us sell a set of posters for him. We placed his set in our auction, where it failed to meet his reserve.

The auction ended on 9/13 and on 9/15, we received an email from XXXXXXXXXX asking what we should do now. A reply was sent on 9/16 letting him know that he could choose to have the set returned to him. Alternatively, we offered to place it in our March 2016 auction at a reduced reserve.

On 10/16, we had not heard back from XXXXXXXXXXX so we returned the posters. On 10/20, the package was delivered and signed for. On 10/21 we received an email from XXXXXXXXXXX stating that the “letter of provenance”, which he had furnished with the set, was not in the package. We promptly sent it to him. On 10/30, we received an email from XXXXXXXXXXX stating that he had received the letter, but now, for the first time, complained that his posters had been torn, had black marks and had been “Jammed in a tube”.

So, here’s the thing:

1) When we receive any posters from customers, our first step in processing is to image each item for insurance purposes. That was done with misrd1’s set. Those images, taken the day of receipt, clearly show that the damage XXXXXXXXX now claims we caused was present when the set arrived at our offices. XXXXXXXXXX chose the form and manner of shipping. Our consignment contract clearly states that he is responsible for the condition of the material until it is in our possession. Based on these unambiguous facts, we have declined to compensate him for the claimed “damage”.
2) For any reader still uncertain as to whose version of these facts is correct, we ask that you consider the following: XXXXXXXXXXXX opened the package containing the returned set on 10/20 or 10/21 and went through it to determine that the “Letter of Provenance” was missing. If the posters were “destroyed” as he claims, why would he contact us for the missing letter but fail to mention the “destruction”? It was only ten days later that he first raised this complaint of damage.
3) XXXXXXXXXX made his post to this forum on 11/2, while we were still emailing back and forth regarding this matter. After falsely eviscerating us on the internet, he wonders why we became uncooperative.
4) On 11/5, Classic received an email from XXXXXXXXXX in which he made a series of threats to effectively destroy the reputation of the company in any manner he could, including posts such as the one he made to this forum. He went into minute detail about all the avenues he would pursue and made it clear that he has 25 years of experience in IT. In that email, he also said that we would be hearing from his lawyer soon. At that point, we determined that we would no longer communicate with him.
5) As we all know, the internet is a bit of the Wild West when it comes to claims, assertions and bluster. We hope that you will keep these facts in mind if/when XXXXXXXXXXX sounds off. On the other hand, should he make good on his threats to have this determined in a court of law, we are ready, willing and able to take all necessary steps to defend ourselves and to protect our reputation there.

-Personal info edited by moderator - Member Usage Policy states "Members shall not publicly disclose or disseminate any other member's or non-member's personal information, including, but not limited to their legal name, residential and business phone numbers, cellular phone numbers, residential and business addresses, and e-mail addresses. Failure to comply with the above may result in a ban and/or suspension of a Member's account."
Mike Storeim
Classic Posters, Inc.
http://www.classicposters.com
fredo
Art God

Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:02 pm

Dump the personal deets STAT.
just a foil for me today, thanks
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:21 pm

:lurk:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
goldenrose
Art Expert

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Keyline progressive proof next to the regular version both 2nd printings.

gordo55
Art Expert

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:21 pm

So 'rose not bustin' balls, but wouldn't a "keyline progressive proof" be the final print - as the keyline would be the last layer down in the process? Isn't this simply a "keyline" print? Very cool, tho. BG 105-2 was one of the first two posters I ever bought...all those years ago at The Postermat.
THC
FroDawg
Art Expert

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:41 pm

I'd like to have whatever it is framed up and hanging next to my BG105-2. :wink:

Gordo, how much did you pay for that little gem way back when?
goldenrose
Art Expert

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:47 pm

Haha - progressive proof is probably the wrong term :oops: but I have seen these keylines included in progressive proof sets more than once.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:53 pm

goldenrose wrote:Haha - progressive proof is probably the wrong term but this is the keyline - albeit isolated. Rick did this a lot printing only the keylines to many of his prints - along with all sorts of variants.
Give ya five dollahs fer it! (That's more than a ticket to the show cost. With inflation that ticket would be worth about 30 skins today. Think it'd be worth $30 to see Jimi and Albert?)
gordo55
Art Expert

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:54 pm

FroDawg wrote:I'd like to have whatever it is framed up and hanging next to my BG105-2. :wink:

Direct from Ben Friedman - $5 for BG 105-2 and $10 for FD 26-3. Alas, it was all I could afford on a sailor's salary. Makes me wish I had a time machine! That place was a poster geeks paradise!
THC
goldenrose
Art Expert

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:56 pm

gordo55 wrote:
FroDawg wrote:I'd like to have whatever it is framed up and hanging next to my BG105-2. :wink:

Direct from Ben Friedman - $5 for BG 105-2 and $10 for FD 26-3. Alas, it was all I could afford on a sailor's salary. Makes me wish I had a time machine! That place was a poster geeks paradise!
:shock: crazy!