Hendrix Experience John Mayall San Francisco 68 Griffin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
macc5
EB Team

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:17 am

The SS-4 edition has no bootlegs..

Norby was speaking of the PP-3 printing... That is the pirate
macc5
EB Team

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:19 am

whalaw wrote:
And, as ricv64 said, it would be nice to hear from Cushway regarding these recent SS-4 auctions.
def would like to hear some info...
norbyjake
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:23 am

whalaw wrote:
norbyjake wrote:
goatboy wrote:
macc5 wrote: someone must have added the others recently as I didnt see those sales the other day when the recent PP was on ebay...

am I wrong on that?
Is the PP designation Printers Proof as the seller stated or Pirate Printing?
PP in this case is Pirate Printing. The reprint was bootlegged in the 80's by John Berns. It loses some detail, and there is a faint finger print along the lower left end right edge.[/quo

I believe there is some confusion here. I think the "PP" goatboy was inquiring about is the "PP" referenced under the recent SS-4 auctions. There, the "PP" stands for Printers Proof (unless there was some nefarious activity going on, in which case it could be classified as a Pirate Print). I believe the "PP" norbyjake was referring to in his answer is the "PP-3" EDITION, which is defined as Pirate Print. I am modifying the auctions to make it a litte less confusing.

And, as ricv64 said, it would be nice to hear from Cushway regarding these recent SS-4 auctions.
I'll call Phil and have him post something. I think he & Rick had full control of the printing. I would be very skeptical of anything that is not signed.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:32 am

And people have problems with Emek's editions....
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
norbyjake
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:34 am

I just spoke with Phil. These unsigned printer's proofs were not part of the official run. The seller is accurate in that he/she was involved in the printing. In a word, Phil is pissed, and he is going to try to contact these people. It will most likely be next week before we hear back.

Phil's memory is that they printed, signed & numbered 500. There were also 50 A/P's and 2 P/P's, all of which were signed. There were some that were damaged during the run, but given the condition of the ones offered on ebay, they are not the damaged prints (that Phil thought were destroyed).

Hope this helps.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:35 am

Looks like there needs to be an "SS4-PP" edition.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
goatboy
Art Enthusiast

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:42 am

Codeblue wrote:Looks like there needs to be an "SS4-PP" edition.
More like Printers Proof so goatboy doesn't get confused again :lol:
norbyjake
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:45 am

goatboy wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Looks like there needs to be an "SS4-PP" edition.
More like Printers Proof so goatboy doesn't get confused again :lol:
I would wait to hear from Phil, "Pirate" may be appropriate.
whalaw
Site Admin

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:47 am

norbyjake wrote:I just spoke with Phil. These unsigned printer's proofs were not part of the official run. The seller is accurate in that he/she was involved in the printing. In a word, Phil is pissed, and he is going to try to contact these people. It will most likely be next week before we hear back.

Phil's memory is that they printed, signed & numbered 500. There were also 50 A/P's and 2 P/P's, all of which were signed. There were some that were damaged during the run, but given the condition of the ones offered on ebay, they are not the damaged prints (that Phil thought were destroyed).

Hope this helps.
Thank you for the information, Jim. In speaking with Phil in the past regarding the SS-4s, he has always told me the same thing: 500 s/n; 50 a/p; and 2 p/p. I figured these were "backdoor" prints.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:48 am

That sounds dirty.
macc5
EB Team

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:56 am

hmmm.. very interesting...
artoholic
Art Expert

Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:23 pm

I have somewhat of a vested interest in this situation being that I won the most recent Ebay auction for SS-4. I have not paid the seller at this point, as I am now questioning the authenticity. I messaged the seller and they assured me that they were involved in the printing at Arellanes Studios back in 89. I also figured that it would be next to impossible to counterfeit a serigraph this complex. However given the recent controversy I am second guessing my decision. I have never backed out of a winning bid, but if the seller misrepresented the item being auctioned then I feel I have every right to refuse them payment. Any information that anyone can contribute would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks
"Selling my stories to the violent and perverted, all eyes are on me and I don't deserve it
Nothing to do, except I guess to play blues, sleep in my car, I’m yesterdays news"

~ Richard Terfry aka Buck 65

http://www.myspace.com/bikeforthree
macc5
EB Team

Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:35 pm

artoholic wrote:I have somewhat of a vested interest in this situation being that I won the most recent Ebay auction for SS-4. I have not paid the seller at this point, as I am now questioning the authenticity. I messaged the seller and they assured me that they were involved in the printing at Arellanes Studios back in 89. I also figured that it would be next to impossible to counterfeit a serigraph this complex. However given the recent controversy I am second guessing my decision. I have never backed out of a winning bid, but if the seller misrepresented the item being auctioned then I feel I have every right to refuse them payment. Any information that anyone can contribute would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks
yeah, i was bidding on that one as well..

I dont think they are fakes, seems like they may be extra prints from the run that Phil thought were destroyed...
ricv64
Art Expert

Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:26 pm

artoholic wrote:I have somewhat of a vested interest in this situation being that I won the most recent Ebay auction for SS-4. I have not paid the seller at this point, as I am now questioning the authenticity. I messaged the seller and they assured me that they were involved in the printing at Arellanes Studios back in 89. I also figured that it would be next to impossible to counterfeit a serigraph this complex. However given the recent controversy I am second guessing my decision. I have never backed out of a winning bid, but if the seller misrepresented the item being auctioned then I feel I have every right to refuse them payment. Any information that anyone can contribute would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks
look at all his other items all Arellanes studios prints . most likly left overs from the run .
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
goatboy
Art Enthusiast

Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:33 pm

The guy sounds like a thieving pirate to me :lol: