Cyberman 09 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:25 am

New image Cyberman 09 EMEK

automator
Nobody

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:25 am

New image Cyberman 09 EMEK

PapaVo
Art Expert

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:19 pm

Would someone please offer a few ideas of how to frame/display a screen print on metal, i.e. frame material, matting, glass, protection, or none of the above? Thanks for any examples (photos) or advice (helpful hints).
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:41 pm

PapaVo wrote:Would someone please offer a few ideas of how to frame/display a screen print on metal, i.e. frame material, matting, glass, protection, or none of the above? Thanks for any examples (photos) or advice (helpful hints).
Miss, as in Miss Bugs told me to use a tea tray frame around metal.makes it look like it floats. you don't have to use glass with metal prints.
Hope that helps.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:54 pm

or you could always go this route...

PapaVo
Art Expert

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:or you could always go this route...

I see, just drill holes in the four corners and then nail the sucker to the wall. Thanks! :notworthy:
pi3rce42
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:28 pm

I think your framing options are actually more open than if you had this print on paper. The metal isn't going to have the damage that paper would to UV rays, humidity, rough handling, etc... That being said, its also significantly heavier than any paper print you will own. So the thing I'm trying to figure out is, 'how do you mount this puppy?'....

Honestly, I've never mounted a print like this, so take the next few sentences with a grain of salt. Typical linen tape or acid free mounting corners do not apply, so why not go with a heavy duty back board (maybe even literally a board) and hot glue just the corners if you wanted to use mat/mats outside the image area. Or put the print on foamboard and frame it to the same dimensions as the print, this lets the moulding carry the weight and you only lose 1/4 inch (or so) on each side. Since most adhesive methods won't damage the metal, the only thing you really have to worry about is BENDING the metal. Hell, you could probably tape the fudge out of the back if you wanted to without hurting anything, it would just take you awhile to remove it if you ever wanted to sell/reframe it later. I did some searching, but couldn't find any good examples in the 5 minutes I gave it. If you look around for awhile longer, you'll probably find something that would work for you.
don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things...
AOXOMOXOA
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:06 pm

I would like to frame mine like this!

From... http://www.gallerydirect.com/aluminum.php

ottomatik71
Art Expert

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Is that a tea tray frame?
AOXOMOXOA
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:20 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:Is that a tea tray frame?
I'm not sure what this type of frame is called. I've been searching for a while to find options on how to frame metal prints and this is just something I came across. There is little info on the gallery direct site about this frame.
School
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:21 pm

has this print been released and if not does anyone know when?
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:38 pm

For sale thursday at random time.
Same fudge, different drop.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:03 pm

pi3rce42 wrote:I think your framing options are actually more open than if you had this print on paper. The metal isn't going to have the damage that paper would to UV rays, humidity, rough handling, etc... That being said, its also significantly heavier than any paper print you will own. So the thing I'm trying to figure out is, 'how do you mount this puppy?'....

Honestly, I've never mounted a print like this, so take the next few sentences with a grain of salt. Typical linen tape or acid free mounting corners do not apply, so why not go with a heavy duty back board (maybe even literally a board) and hot glue just the corners if you wanted to use mat/mats outside the image area. Or put the print on foamboard and frame it to the same dimensions as the print, this lets the moulding carry the weight and you only lose 1/4 inch (or so) on each side. Since most adhesive methods won't damage the metal, the only thing you really have to worry about is BENDING the metal. Hell, you could probably tape the fudge out of the back if you wanted to without hurting anything, it would just take you awhile to remove it if you ever wanted to sell/reframe it later. I did some searching, but couldn't find any good examples in the 5 minutes I gave it. If you look around for awhile longer, you'll probably find something that would work for you.

you should be more worried about UV interaction with the inks, not the paper, so the same light problems probably exist. I could be wrong.
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:09 pm

gonzo303 wrote:For sale thursday at random time.
:lol:
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
School
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 pm

gonzo303 wrote:For sale thursday at random time.

is this a joke?